Re: [SI] New mandate needed

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by tony cooper, Mar 20, 2012.

  1. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 23:41:05 +0100, Alfred Molon
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>, Alan Browne
    >says...
    >>
    >> ideas? Please post here for the committee to consider.

    >Given the shrinking number of posts it would make sense to consolidate
    >all rec.photo.digital subgroups into rec.photo.digital. It might even
    >make sense to consolidate all rec.photo subgroups, since all photography
    >nowadays is digital.

    The SI is already cross-posted into all three groups. That does the
    same thing.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Mar 20, 2012

  2. "tony cooper" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 23:41:05 +0100, Alfred Molon
    > <> wrote:

    >>Given the shrinking number of posts it would make sense to consolidate
    >>all rec.photo.digital subgroups into rec.photo.digital. It might even
    >>make sense to consolidate all rec.photo subgroups, since all photography
    >>nowadays is digital.

    > The SI is already cross-posted into all three groups. That does the
    > same thing.

    Consolidating groups and crossposting are two entirely different things.

    FU trimmed:

    rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital

    --
    Charles E. Hardwidge

    Charles E. Hardwidge, Mar 20, 2012

  3. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 08:07:39 -0000, "Charles E. Hardwidge"
    <> wrote:

    >"tony cooper" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 23:41:05 +0100, Alfred Molon
    >> <> wrote:

    >>>Given the shrinking number of posts it would make sense to consolidate
    >>>all rec.photo.digital subgroups into rec.photo.digital. It might even
    >>>make sense to consolidate all rec.photo subgroups, since all photography
    >>>nowadays is digital.

    >> The SI is already cross-posted into all three groups. That does the
    >> same thing.

    >Consolidating groups and crossposting are two entirely different things.

    Putting your socks on before you put your shirt on or putting your
    shirt on before you put your socks on, are two different methods of
    getting dressed. But, they both result in the same thing.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Mar 20, 2012
  4. tony cooper

    Pete A Guest

    On 2012-03-20 21:27:55 +0000, tony cooper said:

    > On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 08:07:39 -0000, "Charles E. Hardwidge"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> "tony cooper" <> wrote in message

    >>> The SI is already cross-posted into all three groups. That does the
    >>> same thing.

    >> Consolidating groups and crossposting are two entirely different things.

    > Putting your socks on before you put your shirt on or putting your
    > shirt on before you put your socks on, are two different methods of
    > getting dressed. But, they both result in the same thing.

    In my case, poor dress sense either way :)

    Pete A, Mar 20, 2012
  5. tony cooper

    Richard Guest

    Eric Stevens wrote:
    > On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 08:07:39 -0000, "Charles E. Hardwidge"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> "tony cooper" <> wrote in message

    >>> The SI is already cross-posted into all three groups. That does the
    >>> same thing.

    >> Consolidating groups and crossposting are two entirely different
    >> things.
    >>
    >> FU trimmed:
    >>
    >> rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital

    > What have you got against <alt.photography> that nobody else has?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Eric Stevens

    No, you've got it wrong. It inhabits alt.photography. Probably thinks it's
    being superior in some way...

    Richard, Mar 21, 2012
  6. tony cooper

    Pete A Guest

    On 2012-03-21 20:56:43 +0000, Alan Browne said:

    > On 2012-03-20 17:27 , tony cooper wrote:
    >
    >> Putting your socks on before you put your shirt on or putting your
    >> shirt on before you put your socks on, are two different methods of
    >> getting dressed. But, they both result in the same thing.

    > I recall a fellow who put his underwear on after he put his pants on.
    >
    > He was dressed, I suppose.

    The order and method of dressing is irrelevant. The only thing that
    matters is to totally understand the correct order of undressing: it's
    either turn-on or turn-off, so choose wisely according to the situation.

    Pete A, Mar 21, 2012