Re: [SI] New mandate needed

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PeterN, Mar 20, 2012.

  1. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 3/19/2012 5:02 PM, Alan Browne wrote:

    > ideas? Please post here for the committee to consider.
    >
    > --
    > The Committee.

    Abstractions.
    the abstraction must be created from a photograph, with the image
    recognizable, or be a pure abstraction with nothing recognizable.

    e.g. solarizations that show the essential character of the object.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Mar 20, 2012

  2. PeterN

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 20:20:04 -0400, PeterN <>
    wrote:
    : On 3/19/2012 5:02 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
    : >
    : > ideas? Please post here for the committee to consider.
    : >
    : > --
    : > The Committee.
    :
    :
    :
    : Abstractions.
    : the abstraction must be created from a photograph, with the image
    : recognizable, or be a pure abstraction with nothing recognizable.
    :
    : e.g. solarizations that show the essential character of the object.

    I guess that has possibilities, if interpreted broadly enough.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Mar 20, 2012

  3. PeterN

    RichA Guest

    Re: New mandate needed

    On Mar 19, 8:20 pm, PeterN <> wrote:
    > On 3/19/2012 5:02 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
    >

    > > ideas? Please post here for the committee to consider.

    > > --
    > > The Committee.

    > Abstractions.
    > the abstraction must be created from a photograph, with the image
    > recognizable, or be a pure abstraction with nothing recognizable.
    >
    > e.g. solarizations that show the essential character of the object.
    >
    > --
    > Peter

    Sounds like a good idea.
    RichA, Mar 20, 2012