Re: [SI] New Mandate: Filters!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dudley Hanks, May 12, 2009.

  1. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "Bowser" <> wrote in message
    > Courtesy of Prince Annika of Bug Tussel, the new mandate is Filters. Shoot
    > a picture with a traditional filter for effect, or apply filter effects in
    > your favorite editing program. Any subject matter is OK, but for God's
    > sakes, try to avoid submitting a photo and saying that you used the
    > "sharpening" filter, or something else that does not really add to the
    > image.
    >
    > Fire at will. This mandate is due by June 7th, 2009.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/filters
    >
    > PS: I don't know about you, but I'd prefer to shoot using a traditional
    > filter. Trouble is, aside from the polarizer, I can't remember where I put
    > the damned things.

    If a guy uses a UV filter, just about anything goes ... :)

    Take Care,
    Dudley

    Dudley Hanks, May 12, 2009

  2. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "Troy Piggins" <> wrote in message
    >* Bowser wrote :
    >>
    >> "Dudley Hanks" <> wrote in message
    >> [---=| Quote block shrinked by t-prot: 15 lines snipped |=---]
    >>>

    >>> If a guy uses a UV filter, just about anything goes ... :)

    >> Sigh...

    > Sounds like you need to use a coffee filter :)
    >
    > --
    > Troy Piggins

    I was thinking about using a soft focus filter, but nobody'll be able to
    tell it from my usual ... :)

    Take Care,
    Dudley

    Dudley Hanks, May 13, 2009

  3. Dudley Hanks

    Paul Furman Guest

    Bertram Paul wrote:
    > "Dudley Hanks" <> wrote in message
    >> "Troy Piggins" <> wrote in message

    >>> Sounds like you need to use a coffee filter :)
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Troy Piggins

    >> I was thinking about using a soft focus filter, but nobody'll be able to
    >> tell it from my usual ... :)
    >>
    >> Take Care,
    >> Dudley

    > I'll make one with a fuel filter, one with an oil filter and one with an air
    > filter.
    > After that one with a water filter and another with a spam filter.
    > Of course I'll be smoking a sigarette with a cigarette filter while shooting
    > ;-)

    Open season for filter puns!

    :)

    Paul Furman, May 13, 2009
  4. Dudley Hanks

    Billy Guest

    wrote:
    > On Thu, 14 May 2009 18:28:32 -0400, "Bowser" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Maybe I should change the mandate to filter punography?

    > Cool. I'll submit a photo of my lunch - gefilter fish.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > DuncanC

    Thats exciting

    Billy, May 15, 2009
  5. Dudley Hanks

    Bob Larter Guest

    Troy Piggins wrote:
    > * Dudley Hanks wrote :
    >> "Troy Piggins" <> wrote in message
    >> [---=| Quote block shrinked by t-prot: 12 lines snipped |=---]
    >>> Sounds like you need to use a coffee filter :)

    >> I was thinking about using a soft focus filter, but nobody'll be able to
    >> tell it from my usual ... :)

    > :)
    >
    > My shots are usually taken through a bad-composition,
    > uninteresting shot filter... :)

    Oh, I've got one of those too. I try to leave it in the cupboard as much
    as possible though. ;^)

    Bob Larter, May 18, 2009