Re: [SI] Mandate reminder/update & new mandate!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robert Spanjaard, Apr 16, 2010.

  1. On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:12:32 -0400, Bowser wrote:

    > Just a reminder about the next mandate: Facescape. It's due May 16th, so
    > find those faces full of character and send some shots.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/facescape
    >
    > Next, the new mandate announcement: The Wallpaper Project. Here's what
    > this means: I use a few of my shots as wallpaper on my PC; we all
    > probably do. This mandate will challenge the shooter to produce the best
    > wallpaper in wide screen format so other users can download and use the
    > shot as wallpaper on their PC. All submissions must be 1920 x 1200
    > pixels to fill a wide monitor. Shooters are limited to ONE submission
    > for this mandate only, so make your wallpaper a good one, and make sure
    > it looks good at large sizes (like a 24" monitor). You may include your
    > "signature" on the photo, as well. Lastly, the 300K file size limit is
    > waived for this mandate.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper
    >
    > Flame on!

    This is the one I'm using as my own wallpaper at 1680x1050. The blurry
    left side is a nice place to put your icons. :)

    http://www.arumes.com/temp/Arumes-CRW_4987wp.jpg

    --
    Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com
    Robert Spanjaard, Apr 16, 2010

  2. Robert Spanjaard

    Tim Conway Guest

    "Robert Spanjaard" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:12:32 -0400, Bowser wrote:
    >
    >> Just a reminder about the next mandate: Facescape. It's due May 16th, so
    >> find those faces full of character and send some shots.
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/facescape
    >>
    >> Next, the new mandate announcement: The Wallpaper Project. Here's what
    >> this means: I use a few of my shots as wallpaper on my PC; we all
    >> probably do. This mandate will challenge the shooter to produce the best
    >> wallpaper in wide screen format so other users can download and use the
    >> shot as wallpaper on their PC. All submissions must be 1920 x 1200
    >> pixels to fill a wide monitor. Shooters are limited to ONE submission
    >> for this mandate only, so make your wallpaper a good one, and make sure
    >> it looks good at large sizes (like a 24" monitor). You may include your
    >> "signature" on the photo, as well. Lastly, the 300K file size limit is
    >> waived for this mandate.
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper
    >>
    >> Flame on!

    > This is the one I'm using as my own wallpaper at 1680x1050. The blurry
    > left side is a nice place to put your icons. :)
    >
    > http://www.arumes.com/temp/Arumes-CRW_4987wp.jpg

    I like that.
    Tim Conway, Apr 16, 2010

  3. Robert Spanjaard, Apr 16, 2010
  4. On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 16:09:08 -0400, Bowser wrote:

    > On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 17:20:56 +0200, Robert Spanjaard
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:12:32 -0400, Bowser wrote:
    >>
    >>> Just a reminder about the next mandate: Facescape. It's due May 16th,
    >>> so find those faces full of character and send some shots.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/facescape
    >>>
    >>> Next, the new mandate announcement: The Wallpaper Project. Here's what
    >>> this means: I use a few of my shots as wallpaper on my PC; we all
    >>> probably do. This mandate will challenge the shooter to produce the
    >>> best wallpaper in wide screen format so other users can download and
    >>> use the shot as wallpaper on their PC. All submissions must be 1920 x
    >>> 1200 pixels to fill a wide monitor. Shooters are limited to ONE
    >>> submission for this mandate only, so make your wallpaper a good one,
    >>> and make sure it looks good at large sizes (like a 24" monitor). You
    >>> may include your "signature" on the photo, as well. Lastly, the 300K
    >>> file size limit is waived for this mandate.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper
    >>>
    >>> Flame on!

    >>This is the one I'm using as my own wallpaper at 1680x1050. The blurry
    >>left side is a nice place to put your icons. :)
    >>
    >>http://www.arumes.com/temp/Arumes-CRW_4987wp.jpg

    > Good wallpaper. I thought it might be a good idea if the mandate
    > suggested shooting for a specific use rathen to specific subject matter.
    >
    > Unfortunately, your photo above is disqualified. Resolution is too low.
    >
    > heh, heh....

    It's 1920x1200.

    --
    Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com
    Robert Spanjaard, Apr 16, 2010
  5. Robert Spanjaard

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 16:09:08 -0400, Bowser <> wrote:
    : On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 17:20:56 +0200, Robert Spanjaard
    : <> wrote:
    :
    : >On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:12:32 -0400, Bowser wrote:
    : >
    : >> Just a reminder about the next mandate: Facescape. It's due May 16th, so
    : >> find those faces full of character and send some shots.
    : >>
[...]

    Be careful what you wish for, Bowser; you may get it!!

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Apr 16, 2010
  6. Robert Spanjaard

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Apr 17, 2010
  7. Robert Spanjaard

    Robert Coe Guest

    :
    : >: <> wrote:
    : >:
    : >: >On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:12:32 -0400, Bowser wrote:
    : >: >
    : >: >> Just a reminder about the next mandate: Facescape. It's due May 16th, so
    : >: >> find those faces full of character and send some shots.
    : >: >>
    : >:
    : >: Unfortunately, your photo above is disqualified. Resolution is too
    : >: low.
    : >:
    : >: heh, heh....
    : >
    : >Be careful what you wish for, Bowser; you may get it!!
    : >
    : >Bob
    :
    : And I fully expect you and Marth to send me some nice scenes of
    : Massachusetts that I'll display on my work PC and take full credit
    : for.
    :
    : Nah, just kidding. About taking credit. But send me some MA scenes!

    We'll try. I'm starting to go through our stuff to see what workd at the 8x5
    aspect ratio. It's sort of breaking new ground, since I have only one laptop
    that supports it. Our home machine is 4x3, and at work I mostly use two 5x4
    monitors side-by-side. But I'll come up with something.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Apr 17, 2010
  8. On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 17:20:56 +0200, Robert Spanjaard wrote:

    > On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:12:32 -0400, Bowser wrote:
    >
    >> Just a reminder about the next mandate: Facescape. It's due May 16th,
    >> so find those faces full of character and send some shots.
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/facescape
    >>
    >> Next, the new mandate announcement: The Wallpaper Project. Here's what
    >> this means: I use a few of my shots as wallpaper on my PC; we all
    >> probably do. This mandate will challenge the shooter to produce the
    >> best wallpaper in wide screen format so other users can download and
    >> use the shot as wallpaper on their PC. All submissions must be 1920 x
    >> 1200 pixels to fill a wide monitor. Shooters are limited to ONE
    >> submission for this mandate only, so make your wallpaper a good one,
    >> and make sure it looks good at large sizes (like a 24" monitor). You
    >> may include your "signature" on the photo, as well. Lastly, the 300K
    >> file size limit is waived for this mandate.
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper
    >>
    >> Flame on!

    > This is the one I'm using as my own wallpaper at 1680x1050. The blurry
    > left side is a nice place to put your icons. :)
    >
    > http://www.arumes.com/temp/Arumes-CRW_4987wp.jpg

    Damn. Are you sure about the single submission limit?
    If so, replace my submission with this one, shot yesterday:

    http://www.arumes.com/temp/Arumes-CRW_5424wp.jpg

    --
    Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com
    Robert Spanjaard, Apr 26, 2010
  9. On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 14:14:02 -0700, Savageduck wrote:

    >>> This is the one I'm using as my own wallpaper at 1680x1050. The blurry
    >>> left side is a nice place to put your icons. :)
    >>>
    >>> http://www.arumes.com/temp/Arumes-CRW_4987wp.jpg

    >> Damn. Are you sure about the single submission limit? If so, replace my
    >> submission with this one, shot yesterday:
    >>
    >> http://www.arumes.com/temp/Arumes-CRW_5424wp.jpg

    > Robert,
    > I could be wrong (I invariably am) but, I am not sure if Bowser is
    > accepting SI submissions in the manner you are attempting to make them.
    >
    > I would check, < http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage > ( the only
    > change for the "Wallpaper Project" would be what he outlined in his
    > proposal) and perhaps consider submitting your entry the way the rest of
    > us do it.

    Thanks, SD. If these rules still apply, then Bowser should mention (the
    link to) them in his SI-posts.
    I tried to participate in one mandate before, the same way I did it now,
    and nobody mentioned the rules then. How are new participants supposed to
    know about this page?

    --
    Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com
    Robert Spanjaard, Apr 26, 2010
  10. Robert Spanjaard

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 23:53:16 +0200, Robert Spanjaard
    <> wrote:

    >>> Damn. Are you sure about the single submission limit? If so, replace my
    >>> submission with this one, shot yesterday:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.arumes.com/temp/Arumes-CRW_5424wp.jpg

    >> Robert,
    >> I could be wrong (I invariably am) but, I am not sure if Bowser is
    >> accepting SI submissions in the manner you are attempting to make them.
    >>
    >> I would check, < http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage > ( the only
    >> change for the "Wallpaper Project" would be what he outlined in his
    >> proposal) and perhaps consider submitting your entry the way the rest of
    >> us do it.

    >Thanks, SD. If these rules still apply, then Bowser should mention (the
    >link to) them in his SI-posts.
    >I tried to participate in one mandate before, the same way I did it now,
    >and nobody mentioned the rules then. How are new participants supposed to
    >know about this page?

    That's a good point. Those of us who have entered in past S-Is know,
    but newcomers don't.
    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Apr 26, 2010