Re: [SI] Macro/Closeup - Some comments

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PeterN, May 30, 2012.

  1. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 5/29/2012 10:17 PM, Savageduck wrote:

    <snip>

    > Peter Newman:
    > Macro-Dahlia:
    > Very interesting effect with that coloration against the black
    > background field. I think I might have chosen a slightly different frame
    > idea, but all in all a good piece. What was with the f/16?
    > Macro-Orchid:
    > OK! I love this shot. Capturing the bizarre shape and curves with the
    > whites, yellows, tans, and black all working together.

    Thanks for your comments. The frame color is the same as one of the
    colors inside the flowers. I agree that the frame on the dahlia is
    distracting. In retrospect, I also should have shown more of the center
    of the flower.

    Technical:
    For some reason the EXIF data did not show that flash was used. A basic
    analysis shows that ISO 320 f16 at 1/3200 sec is not sufficient
    exposure, unless I used studio lighting, which I did not. I put a 20mm
    extension tube on my 70-200.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, May 30, 2012