Re: [SI] Looking Up/Looking Down, The 'Duck Comments

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Tony Cooper, Mar 19, 2013.

  1. Tony Cooper

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 20:42:55 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >SI Mandate: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/looking_up_down
    >
    >‘Duck comments:
    >So, looking up, or down seems to have left a fair amount open to
    >interpretation and some which left no doubt as to meeting the mandate.
    >Some good examples pf photography and some which left me wondering.
    >Anyway, here goes.
    >
    >Tony Cooper:
    >Looking_up/down-01:
    >Nice lighthouse capture. I am not too sure if you were looking up, or
    >down at it as you seem to have found the one vantage point in FL where
    >you might have been level with the mid point, but I like it.
    >Looking_up/down-02 & 03:
    >The spiral staircase going both ways nice capture well executed. I like
    >these so much I am ready to declare them the best of this batch.
    >Leaning slightly towards #2 with its M.C. Escheresque character as my
    >favorite.

    Thanks for the comments and good words. The full lighthouse shot was
    more of an establishing shot because it was an archive shot from a
    previous trip. It was taken at ground level from fairly far back.

    The shooting-up shot was easy, and for the mandate. I just placed my
    camera on the center of the floor and used my remote to trigger the
    shutter.

    The shooting-down shot was a bitch, but for the mandate. These old
    legs just didn't want to make the climb to the top, and those stairs
    are STEEP. I had to hang the camera out over the opening as far as
    possible and shoot blind. Many shots, since there were other visitors
    climbing the stairs and I couldn't see them until after I shot. I
    didn't want them in the image.
    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

    Tony Cooper, Mar 19, 2013