Re: [SI] Intetesting is up! Pls explain Helen... an apology.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by tony cooper, Sep 11, 2009.

  1. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:02:44 -0400, Alan Browne
    <> wrote:

    >Alan Browne wrote:
    >> Bowser wrote:
    >>> Got them, and posted them with comments. Along with a shot from Helen,
    >>> who sent a shot of a person some might find interesting, to say the
    >>> least.

    >> Helen's shot explanation is BS - I doubt "she" shot it.
    >>
    >> ISO 1600 on a dark cloudy day would be 1/500 @ f/16 (slowest aperture of
    >> the 35 GT).
    >>
    >> Maybe 1/250 if _really_ dark and cloudy.
    >>
    >> The softness in the shot is mainly JPG artifacts.
    >>
    >> C'mon "Helen" - what's the real deal here? Pop that off a website?

    >Helen, Please accept my apology for the above. I questioned your
    >integrity rather than the simple facts and possible error.

    Well done. It doesn't excuse the rudeness of the original post, but
    at least you have enough class to apologize.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Sep 11, 2009

  2. On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:32:13 -0400, tony cooper
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:02:44 -0400, Alan Browne
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Alan Browne wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Helen's shot explanation is BS - I doubt "she" shot it.
    >>>
    >>> ISO 1600 on a dark cloudy day would be 1/500 @ f/16 (slowest aperture of
    >>> the 35 GT).
    >>>
    >>> Maybe 1/250 if _really_ dark and cloudy.
    >>>
    >>> The softness in the shot is mainly JPG artifacts.
    >>>
    >>> C'mon "Helen" - what's the real deal here? Pop that off a website?

    >>Helen, Please accept my apology for the above. I questioned your
    >>integrity rather than the simple facts and possible error.

    >Well done. It doesn't excuse the rudeness of the original post, but
    >at least you have enough class to apologize.

    Why on earth should anyone have to apologize for their criticism of a POS
    snapshot?

    Ah. I get it. This is like Flickr, where unless you fawn all over the
    snapshooting poster there must be something wrong with you.

    wow

    The only one who has shown no "class" here is this "Helen" character with
    "her" worthless snapshots. And then playing the self-victimizing "poor
    pitiful me" tactic for attention for it.

    What a fucking waste of human flesh (and camera).
    Reality Bytes, Sep 11, 2009

  3. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:05:25 -0500, Reality Bytes <>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:32:13 -0400, tony cooper
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:02:44 -0400, Alan Browne
    >><> wrote:

    >>>Helen, Please accept my apology for the above. I questioned your
    >>>integrity rather than the simple facts and possible error.

    >>Well done. It doesn't excuse the rudeness of the original post, but
    >>at least you have enough class to apologize.

    >Why on earth should anyone have to apologize for their criticism of a POS
    >snapshot?

    Are you truly this dense? No one objected to his criticism of the
    photograph. He didn't apologize for the criticism of the photo, and
    there was no reason he should

    I hope it doesn't rain where you are tonight.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Sep 11, 2009