Re: [SI] General Announcement

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robert Coe, Oct 21, 2012.

  1. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 12:41:38 -0400, SI Committee
    <> wrote:
    : The Committee is pleased to announce that Alan Browne has indicated his
    : willingness to remain in his present capacity until 11 November.

    The stockholders would be pleased to grant him an extension beyond that date
    (at a continuation of his current remuneration), especially inasmuch as the
    next SI deadline falls after the 11th.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Oct 21, 2012

  2. Robert Coe

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/21/2012 2:47 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
    > On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 12:41:38 -0400, SI Committee
    > <> wrote:
    > : The Committee is pleased to announce that Alan Browne has indicated his
    > : willingness to remain in his present capacity until 11 November.
    >
    > The stockholders would be pleased to grant him an extension beyond that date
    > (at a continuation of his current remuneration), especially inasmuch as the
    > next SI deadline falls after the 11th.
    >
    > Bob

    I propose that in light of his faithful service, we double his current
    salary.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Oct 22, 2012

  3. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    : > <> wrote:
    : > : The Committee is pleased to announce that Alan Browne has indicated
    : > : his willingness to remain in his present capacity until 11 November.
    : >
    :
    : I propose that in light of his faithful service, we double his current
    : salary.

    I'd favor your proposal, if he were willing to stay on for another year. To
    encourage that, we could structure the increase as a lump-sum bonus payable at
    the end of 2013.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Oct 22, 2012
  4. Robert Coe

    Noons Guest

    Robert Coe wrote,on my timestamp of 22/10/2012 2:01 PM:

    > : > : The Committee is pleased to announce that Alan Browne has indicated
    > : > : his willingness to remain in his present capacity until 11 November.
    > : >
    > : > The stockholders would be pleased to grant him an extension beyond that
    > : > date (at a continuation of his current remuneration), especially inasmuch
    > : > as the next SI deadline falls after the 11th.
    > : >
    > : > Bob
    > : >
    > :
    > : I propose that in light of his faithful service, we double his current
    > : salary.
    >
    > I'd favor your proposal, if he were willing to stay on for another year. To
    > encourage that, we could structure the increase as a lump-sum bonus payable at
    > the end of 2013.

    Indexed for inflation!
    Noons, Oct 22, 2012
  5. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 16:13:22 +1100, Noons <> wrote:
    : Robert Coe wrote,on my timestamp of 22/10/2012 2:01 PM:
    :
    : > : > : The Committee is pleased to announce that Alan Browne has indicated
    : > : > : his willingness to remain in his present capacity until 11 November.
    : > : >
    : > : > The stockholders would be pleased to grant him an extension beyond that
    : > : > date (at a continuation of his current remuneration), especially inasmuch
    : > : > as the next SI deadline falls after the 11th.
    : > : >
    : > : > Bob
    : > : >
    : > :
    : > : I propose that in light of his faithful service, we double his current
    : > : salary.
    : >
    : > I'd favor your proposal, if he were willing to stay on for another year.
    : > To encourage that, we could structure the increase as a lump-sum bonus
    : > payable at the end of 2013.
    :
    : Indexed for inflation!

    Well, I guess so, but we have to be careful not to set too many precedents.
    What if he demands another 100% increase when negotiating a renewal of his
    contract?

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Oct 23, 2012
  6. Robert Coe

    Noons Guest

    Robert Coe wrote,on my timestamp of 23/10/2012 2:56 PM:

    > : > : > The stockholders would be pleased to grant him an extension beyond that
    > : > : > date (at a continuation of his current remuneration), especially inasmuch
    > : > : > as the next SI deadline falls after the 11th.
    > : > : >
    > : > : > Bob
    > : > : >
    > : > :
    > : > : I propose that in light of his faithful service, we double his current
    > : > : salary.
    > : >
    > : > I'd favor your proposal, if he were willing to stay on for another year.
    > : > To encourage that, we could structure the increase as a lump-sum bonus
    > : > payable at the end of 2013.
    > :
    > : Indexed for inflation!
    >
    > Well, I guess so, but we have to be careful not to set too many precedents.
    > What if he demands another 100% increase when negotiating a renewal of his
    > contract?

    No way! Offshore his position right there!
    (g,d&r)
    Noons, Oct 23, 2012
  7. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 23:59:23 +0900, "David J. Littleboy" <>
    wrote:
    :
    : "Noons" wrote:
    : Robert Coe wrote,on my timestamp of 23/10/2012 2:56 PM:
    : > : > : I propose that in light of his faithful service, we
    : > : > : double his current salary.
    : > : >
    : > : > I'd favor your proposal, if he were willing to stay on for
    : > : > another year. To encourage that, we could structure the
    : > : > increase as a lump-sum bonus payable at the end of 2013.
    : > :
    : > : Indexed for inflation!
    : >
    : > Well, I guess so, but we have to be careful not to set too
    : > many precedents. What if he demands another 100% increase
    : > when negotiating a renewal of his contract?
    : >
    :
    : No way! Offshore his position right there and then!
    : <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    :
    : You called???

    Did I just hear David volunteer for the job??

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Oct 24, 2012
  8. Robert Coe

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/23/2012 1:48 AM, Noons wrote:
    > Robert Coe wrote,on my timestamp of 23/10/2012 2:56 PM:
    >

    >> : > : > The stockholders would be pleased to grant him an extension
    >> beyond that
    >> : > : > date (at a continuation of his current remuneration),
    >> especially inasmuch
    >> : > : > as the next SI deadline falls after the 11th.
    >> : > : >
    >> : > : > Bob
    >> : > : >
    >> : > :
    >> : > : I propose that in light of his faithful service, we double his
    >> current
    >> : > : salary.
    >> : >
    >> : > I'd favor your proposal, if he were willing to stay on for another
    >> year.
    >> : > To encourage that, we could structure the increase as a lump-sum
    >> bonus
    >> : > payable at the end of 2013.
    >> :
    >> : Indexed for inflation!
    >>
    >> Well, I guess so, but we have to be careful not to set too many
    >> precedents.
    >> What if he demands another 100% increase when negotiating a renewal of
    >> his
    >> contract?

    > No way! Offshore his position right there!
    > (g,d&r)

    Is there an Australian applicant?

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Oct 24, 2012
  9. Robert Coe

    Noons Guest

    PeterN wrote,on my timestamp of 24/10/2012 11:08 AM:

    >> No way! Offshore his position right there!
    >> (g,d&r)

    > Is there an Australian applicant?

    (crickets)
    Noons, Oct 24, 2012
  10. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 19:16:46 +0900, "David J. Littleboy" <>
    wrote:
    :
    : "Robert Coe" wrote:
    : On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 23:59:23 +0900, "David J. Littleboy" <>
    : wrote:
    : :
    : : "Noons" wrote:
    : :
    : : No way! Offshore his position right there and then!
    : : <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    : :
    : : You called???
    :
    : Did I just hear David volunteer for the job??
    : <<<<<<<<<<<
    :
    : Only if you want projects like Joudoushinshu temples one week
    : and Joudoushu temples another,

    You'd be surprised at what looks to us like a Joudoushinshu temple.

    : and fall foliage in what's either dead of winter or withering
    : summer heat for the rest of you...

    You don't have fall at the same time as the rest of the northern hemisphere?
    How did you arrange that?

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Oct 25, 2012
  11. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 13:06:15 -0700, "Frank S" <> wrote:
    :
    : "David J. Littleboy" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : >
    : >
    : > "Robert Coe" wrote:
    : > On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 19:16:46 +0900, "David J. Littleboy"
    : > <>
    : > wrote:
    : > :
    : > : "Robert Coe" wrote:
    : > : On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 23:59:23 +0900, "David J. Littleboy"
    : > <>
    : > : wrote:
    : > : :
    : > : : "Noons" wrote:
    : > : :
    : > : : No way! Offshore his position right there and then!
    : > : : <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    : > : :
    : > : : You called???
    : > :
    : > : Did I just hear David volunteer for the job??
    : > : <<<<<<<<<<<
    : > :
    : > : Only if you want projects like Joudoushinshu temples one week
    : > : and Joudoushu temples another,
    : >
    : > You'd be surprised at what looks to us like a Joudoushinshu temple.
    : > <<<<<<<<<<<<
    : >
    : > Hehe.
    : >
    : >>>>>>>>
    : > : and fall foliage in what's either dead of winter or withering
    : > : summer heat for the rest of you...
    : >
    : > You don't have fall at the same time as the rest of the northern
    : > hemisphere?
    : > How did you arrange that?
    : > <<<<<<<<<
    : >
    : > The Tokyo Ginkgo trees turn in late Nov/early Dec, so there's foliage
    : > to shoot here long after foliage old news in New England.
    : >
    : > -- David J. Littleboy
    : > Tokyo, Japan
    : >
    : >
    :
    : My Geographical Biology professor put forth the Ginkgo as an example of
    : a relict.

    A what??

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Oct 26, 2012
  12. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 19:19:15 -0700, "Frank S" <> wrote:
    :
    : "Robert Coe" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : > On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 13:06:15 -0700, "Frank S" <>
    : > :
    : > : > "Robert Coe" wrote:
    : > : > On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 19:16:46 +0900, "David J. Littleboy"
    : > : > <>
    : > : > wrote:
    : > : > :
    : > : > : "Robert Coe" wrote:
    : > : > : On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 23:59:23 +0900, "David J. Littleboy"
    : > : > <>
    : > : > : wrote:
    : > : > : :
    : > : > : : "Noons" wrote:
    : > : > : :
    : > : > : : No way! Offshore his position right there and then!
    : > : > : : <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    : > : > : :
    : > : > : : You called???
    : > : > :
    : > : > : Did I just hear David volunteer for the job??
    : > : > : <<<<<<<<<<<
    : > : > :
    : > : > : Only if you want projects like Joudoushinshu temples one week
    : > : > : and Joudoushu temples another,
    : > : >
    : > : > You'd be surprised at what looks to us like a Joudoushinshu
    : > temple.
    : > : > <<<<<<<<<<<<
    : > : >
    : > : > Hehe.
    : > : >
    : > : >>>>>>>>
    : > : > : and fall foliage in what's either dead of winter or withering
    : > : > : summer heat for the rest of you...
    : > : >
    : > : > You don't have fall at the same time as the rest of the northern
    : > : > hemisphere?
    : > : > How did you arrange that?
    : > : > <<<<<<<<<
    : > : >
    : > : > The Tokyo Ginkgo trees turn in late Nov/early Dec, so there's
    : > : > foliage to shoot here long after foliage old news in New England.
    : > : >
    : > : > -- David J. Littleboy
    : > : > Tokyo, Japan
    : > :
    : > : My Geographical Biology professor put forth the Ginkgo as an example
    : > : of a relict.
    : >
    : > A what??
    : >
    : > Bob
    :
    : http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/relict?s=t

    Got it! Like a film camera. Or film itself. ;^)

    But just to be argumentative, and to stay up a few more minutes, what kind of
    word is "ginkgo"? It appears to violate my understanding of Japanese
    phonological rules. (Specifically, I'd expect a (voiced) "i" or "u" between
    the "k" and the "g". Or I'd expect the word to be spelled "ginkon" or
    "gingon".)

    That said, I freely admit that my knowledge of Japanese borders on
    infinitesimal.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Oct 26, 2012