Re: [SI] General Announcement

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bruce, Oct 8, 2012.

  1. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    Bowser <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 11:03:34 -0400, SI Committee
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Dear SI participants,
    >>
    >>The Committee regrets to announce that Alan Browne, who has served the
    >>SI honorably and with dedication since January, has informed the
    >>Committee of his decision to step down as SI director in order to pursue
    >>other interests.
    >>
    >>His resignation takes effect on 21 Oct 2012.
    >>
    >>The Committee enthusiastically thanks Alan for his efforts and wishes
    >>him success in his various pursuits.
    >>
    >>The Committee, therefore, is presently seeking a new director. The
    >>responsibilities of the director include:
    >>
    >> - soliciting ideas for mandates and selecting them
    >> - announcing mandates on the various newsgroups
    >> - working with the SI Committee to maintain and evolve the Rulz
    >> - maintain the SI website on PBase
    >> - receiving submissions and verifying their compliance to the Rulz
    >> - Posting the images on Pbase.
    >> - Posting appropriate announcements to the newsgroups.
    >> - The director is also the chairman of the SI Committee
    >>
    >>The estimated effort in the above is a few hours per month.
    >>
    >>On reception of candidacy of qualified directors, the Committee will
    >>select and announce the new director as soon as possible. On selection
    >>as director the successful candidate shall also assume the chairmanship
    >>of the SI Committee.
    >>
    >>Please submit your application to: shootinphotos AHT gmail DAHT com
    >>
    >>Sincerely,
    >>
    >>The Committee

    >I think you'll get a lot more responses if you lay out the generous
    >retirement package committee members get. I was able to retire in Bora
    >Bora with mine.

    Are you sure that wasn't Tora Bora?

    Desirable, mostly underground residence in the Afghan mountains,
    formerly the hideout of the late O bin L and built with generous
    funding from the CIA.

    Bruce, Oct 8, 2012

  2. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    SI Committee <> wrote:

    >Dear SI participants,
    >
    >The Committee regrets to announce that Alan Browne, who has served the
    >SI honorably and with dedication since January, has informed the
    >Committee of his decision to step down as SI director in order to pursue
    >other interests.
    >
    >His resignation takes effect on 21 Oct 2012.
    >
    >The Committee enthusiastically thanks Alan for his efforts and wishes
    >him success in his various pursuits.
    >
    >The Committee, therefore, is presently seeking a new director. The
    >responsibilities of the director include:
    >
    > - soliciting ideas for mandates and selecting them
    > - announcing mandates on the various newsgroups
    > - working with the SI Committee to maintain and evolve the Rulz
    > - maintain the SI website on PBase
    > - receiving submissions and verifying their compliance to the Rulz
    > - Posting the images on Pbase.
    > - Posting appropriate announcements to the newsgroups.
    > - The director is also the chairman of the SI Committee
    >
    >The estimated effort in the above is a few hours per month.

    Only a few hours per month? Browne cannot manage that?

    Browne has done it before. He knows exactly what it involves, and he
    confidently states that it only needs a few hours a month. So why on
    earth did he take the SI on again, only to discard it mere months
    later like a used Kleenex?

    Perhaps he decided to get his teeth fixed. That would explain the
    lack of time. At a few hours a month, even the best dentist would
    take several years. ;-)

    Bruce, Oct 8, 2012

  3. Bruce

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/8/2012 2:11 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
    > On 2012.10.08 12:54 , Bruce wrote:
    >
    >> Browne has done it before. He knows exactly what it involves, and he
    >> confidently states that it only needs a few hours a month. So why on
    >> earth did he take the SI on again, only to discard it mere months
    >> later like a used Kleenex?

    > I do not need to explain myself to anyone - least of all Tony Polson
    > (aka Bruce) the least talented photographer to ever post here. I guess
    > you could spend more time trainspotting - there's a noble pastime -
    > usually associated with people who aren't terribly bright or interesting.
    >
    > Or why not show your cover photo from Paris Match? Or was that just a
    > lie? Or more of your grainy, out of focus and under exposed choo-choo
    > photos. Or why not a "product photo" (you know - the one from photo.net
    > that you took down just like you took down your crappy train shots.
    >
    >> Perhaps he decided to get his teeth fixed. That would explain the
    >> lack of time. At a few hours a month, even the best dentist would
    >> take several years. ;-)

    > Cheap shot Polson - no surprise. Some troll asshole posted that photo
    > - it was not my mouth. There is nothing wrong with my teeth. Prove it
    > otherwise you slimy coward.

    You've been plonked, yet he responds to you.
    I called it a long time ago, when he forgot he was reading my postings.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Oct 8, 2012
  4. Bruce

    RichA Guest

    Re: General Announcement

    On Oct 7, 11:31 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    > Bowser <> wrote:
    > >On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 11:03:34 -0400, SI Committee
    > ><> wrote:

    > >>Dear SI participants,

    > >>The Committee regrets to announce that Alan Browne, who has served the
    > >>SI honorably and with dedication since January, has informed the
    > >>Committee of his decision to step down as SI director in order to pursue
    > >>other interests.

    > >>His resignation takes effect on 21 Oct 2012.

    > >>The Committee enthusiastically thanks Alan for his efforts and wishes
    > >>him success in his various pursuits.

    > >>The Committee, therefore, is presently seeking a new director.  The
    > >>responsibilities of the director include:

    > >>  - soliciting ideas for mandates and selecting them
    > >>  - announcing mandates on the various newsgroups
    > >>  - working with the SI Committee to maintain and evolve the Rulz
    > >>  - maintain the SI website on PBase
    > >>  - receiving submissions and verifying their compliance to the Rulz
    > >>  - Posting the images on Pbase.
    > >>  - Posting appropriate announcements to the newsgroups.
    > >>  - The director is also the chairman of the SI Committee

    > >>The estimated effort in the above is a few hours per month.

    > >>On reception of candidacy of qualified directors, the Committee will
    > >>select and announce the new director as soon as possible.  On selection
    > >>as director the successful candidate shall also assume the chairmanship
    > >>of the SI Committee.

    > >>Please submit your application to: shootinphotos AHT gmail DAHT com

    > >>Sincerely,

    > >>The Committee

    > >I think you'll get a lot more responses if you lay out the generous
    > >retirement package committee members get. I was able to retire in Bora
    > >Bora with mine.

    > Are you sure that wasn't Tora Bora?
    >
    > Desirable, mostly underground residence in the Afghan mountains,
    > formerly the hideout of the late O bin L and built with generous
    > funding from the CIA.

    To continue the sidetrack, on behalf of the CIA, I would like to
    remind people that during the Carter administration, they repeatedly
    warned the State Department NOT to get involved with Bin Laden and the
    Taliban, that they were not what they seemed, even if it did
    (eventually) defeat the Russians. The CIA was basically forced to go
    along with it.

    RichA, Oct 9, 2012
  5. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    Re: General Announcement

    RichA <> wrote:
    >To continue the sidetrack, on behalf of the CIA, I would like to
    >remind people that during the Carter administration, they repeatedly
    >warned the State Department NOT to get involved with Bin Laden and the
    >Taliban, that they were not what they seemed, even if it did
    >(eventually) defeat the Russians. The CIA was basically forced to go
    >along with it.

    There was no question of the US ever supporting the Taliban, Rich. The
    US supported the Mujahideen, a disparate group of freedom fighters
    opposed to Russian domination of Afghanistan. American taxpayers'
    money funded a network of sophisticated underground command and
    control bunkers with advanced communications technology that was
    better then anything the US armed forces had.

    The Taliban came later. The Mujahideen were not sufficiently
    organised to govern the country. Neither did they have widespread
    support. The Taliban satisfied both those requirements.

    Bruce, Oct 9, 2012