Re: [SI] General Announcement

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robert Coe, Oct 7, 2012.

  1. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 11:03:34 -0400, SI Committee
    <> wrote:
    : Dear SI participants,
    :
    : The Committee regrets to announce that Alan Browne, who has served the
    : SI honorably and with dedication since January, has informed the
    : Committee of his decision to step down as SI director in order to pursue
    : other interests.
    :
    : His resignation takes effect on 21 Oct 2012.

    Thank you for your service, Alan. We all realize it's a time-consuming,
    relatively thankless job; and when someone does it as much as you have, it's
    very much appreciated.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Oct 7, 2012

  2. Robert Coe

    Bruce Guest

    Robert Coe <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 11:03:34 -0400, SI Committee
    ><> wrote:
    >: Dear SI participants,
    >:
    >: The Committee regrets to announce that Alan Browne, who has served the
    >: SI honorably and with dedication since January, has informed the
    >: Committee of his decision to step down as SI director in order to pursue
    >: other interests.
    >:
    >: His resignation takes effect on 21 Oct 2012.
    >
    >Thank you for your service, Alan. We all realize it's a time-consuming,
    >relatively thankless job; and when someone does it as much as you have, it's
    >very much appreciated.

    Alan Browne has done more to undermine the SI than anyone else. Are
    y'all going to let him get away with it yet again?

    It should be up to every SI moderator (or whatever job title you
    choose) to find their replacement before being allowed to resign.

    Bruce, Oct 8, 2012

  3. Robert Coe

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/8/2012 10:03 AM, Alan Browne wrote:
    > On 2012.10.07 23:39 , Bruce wrote:
    >
    >> Alan Browne has done more to undermine the SI than anyone else. Are
    >> y'all going to let him get away with it yet again?

    > Hypocrisy from Tony Polson (aka Bruce) is no surprise. Terrified of
    > submitting photos to the SI from day 1, he has only attacked the SI and
    > its participants as it is a direct challenge to his inadequacies - all
    > of them.
    >
    > I've always said to Tony Polson (aka Bruce): "Put up or shut up" but
    > he's incapable of either proper course. The former due to lack of
    > ability and the later due to lack of character.

    No just one minute. Are you saying that Bruce is not a character?

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Oct 9, 2012