Re: [SI] General Announcement

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PeterN, Oct 6, 2012.

  1. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/6/2012 11:03 AM, SI Committee wrote:
    > Dear SI participants,
    >
    > The Committee regrets to announce that Alan Browne, who has served the
    > SI honorably and with dedication since January, has informed the
    > Committee of his decision to step down as SI director in order to pursue
    > other interests.
    >
    > His resignation takes effect on 21 Oct 2012.
    >
    > The Committee enthusiastically thanks Alan for his efforts and wishes
    > him success in his various pursuits.
    >
    > The Committee, therefore, is presently seeking a new director. The
    > responsibilities of the director include:
    >
    > - soliciting ideas for mandates and selecting them
    > - announcing mandates on the various newsgroups
    > - working with the SI Committee to maintain and evolve the Rulz
    > - maintain the SI website on PBase
    > - receiving submissions and verifying their compliance to the Rulz
    > - Posting the images on Pbase.
    > - Posting appropriate announcements to the newsgroups.
    > - The director is also the chairman of the SI Committee
    >
    > The estimated effort in the above is a few hours per month.
    >
    > On reception of candidacy of qualified directors, the Committee will
    > select and announce the new director as soon as possible. On selection
    > as director the successful candidate shall also assume the chairmanship
    > of the SI Committee.
    >
    > Please submit your application to: shootinphotos AHT gmail DAHT com
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > The Committee

    Didn't you know that resignation requires no less than 90 days notice,
    or you don't get your bonus.

    Hey you were doing a great job.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Oct 6, 2012

  2. PeterN

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 13:27:21 -0400, PeterN
    <> wrote:

    >On 10/6/2012 11:03 AM, SI Committee wrote:
    >> Dear SI participants,
    >>
    >> The Committee regrets to announce that Alan Browne, who has served the
    >> SI honorably and with dedication since January, has informed the
    >> Committee of his decision to step down as SI director in order to pursue
    >> other interests.
    >>
    >> His resignation takes effect on 21 Oct 2012.
    >>
    >> The Committee enthusiastically thanks Alan for his efforts and wishes
    >> him success in his various pursuits.
    >>
    >> The Committee, therefore, is presently seeking a new director. The
    >> responsibilities of the director include:
    >>
    >> - soliciting ideas for mandates and selecting them
    >> - announcing mandates on the various newsgroups
    >> - working with the SI Committee to maintain and evolve the Rulz
    >> - maintain the SI website on PBase
    >> - receiving submissions and verifying their compliance to the Rulz
    >> - Posting the images on Pbase.
    >> - Posting appropriate announcements to the newsgroups.
    >> - The director is also the chairman of the SI Committee
    >>
    >> The estimated effort in the above is a few hours per month.
    >>
    >> On reception of candidacy of qualified directors, the Committee will
    >> select and announce the new director as soon as possible. On selection
    >> as director the successful candidate shall also assume the chairmanship
    >> of the SI Committee.
    >>
    >> Please submit your application to: shootinphotos AHT gmail DAHT com
    >>
    >> Sincerely,
    >>
    >> The Committee
    >>

    >Didn't you know that resignation requires no less than 90 days notice,
    >or you don't get your bonus.
    >
    >Hey you were doing a great job.

    I hope he has a "Golden Parachute" in his employment agreement.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Oct 6, 2012