Re: [SI] Dusk or Dawn is due soon!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PeterN, Sep 4, 2011.

  1. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/4/2011 4:51 PM, Bowser wrote:
    > Just a reminder that Dusk or Dawn shots are due in about a week
    > (Septebmer 12th). And yes, my shots are "dusk." TDL to get up early
    > lately. The gallery will be here:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
    >
    > The Shoot-Inis a monthly (sort of) gallery of photos shot to fit a
    > mandate. There are no prizes or awards, just some friendly critiques and
    > some entertainment. For more info, please visit the Rulz page:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

    Any chance we can get the next mandate

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Sep 4, 2011

  2. PeterN

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 13:20:11 -0400, Bowser <> wrote:

    >On 9/4/2011 6:46 PM, PeterN wrote:
    >> On 9/4/2011 4:51 PM, Bowser wrote:
    >>> Just a reminder that Dusk or Dawn shots are due in about a week
    >>> (Septebmer 12th). And yes, my shots are "dusk." TDL to get up early
    >>> lately. The gallery will be here:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
    >>>
    >>> The Shoot-Inis a monthly (sort of) gallery of photos shot to fit a
    >>> mandate. There are no prizes or awards, just some friendly critiques and
    >>> some entertainment. For more info, please visit the Rulz page:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

    >> Any chance we can get the next mandate
    >>

    >I'm open to suggestions...

    1. What Bruce would have submitted if Bruce ever submitted.

    2. What Noonsie would have submitted if Noonsie ever submitted.

    3. Best and Worst HDR. (Same photo may be entered for both)

    4. Best religious icon not found in Peru.

    5. Candid shot of airline traveler not carrying a Mac.

    6. Table-Top photography of plastic objects that are better
    than the metal version of the same product.

    7. Table-Top photography of metalworking tin can art project.

    8. Flood, hurricane, tornado, or earthquake backyard photos.

    9. Journalism category: SWAT team iPhone Recovery Unit photos.

    10. Travel & Nature category: Rare moths found on Carnival Cruise
    Line vessel closets.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Sep 5, 2011

  3. PeterN

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 10:49:08 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2011-09-05 10:46:40 -0700, Alan Browne
    ><> said:

    >>> I'm open to suggestions...

    >> Haute Couture.

    >Hate "Haute Couture"!
    >
    >I live in T-shirt & Levis circles.

    I don't think Alan is suggesting that you wear a custom-fitted
    original designer dress. I think he means that you photograph someone
    in one.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Sep 5, 2011
  4. PeterN

    Tim Conway Guest

    "tony cooper" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 13:20:11 -0400, Bowser <> wrote:

    >>> Any chance we can get the next mandate
    >>>

    >>I'm open to suggestions...

    > 1. What Bruce would have submitted if Bruce ever submitted.
    >
    > 2. What Noonsie would have submitted if Noonsie ever submitted.
    >
    > 3. Best and Worst HDR. (Same photo may be entered for both)
    >
    > 4. Best religious icon not found in Peru.
    >
    > 5. Candid shot of airline traveler not carrying a Mac.
    >
    > 6. Table-Top photography of plastic objects that are better
    > than the metal version of the same product.
    >
    > 7. Table-Top photography of metalworking tin can art project.
    >
    > 8. Flood, hurricane, tornado, or earthquake backyard photos.
    >
    > 9. Journalism category: SWAT team iPhone Recovery Unit photos.
    >
    > 10. Travel & Nature category: Rare moths found on Carnival Cruise
    > Line vessel closets.

    LOL love it, just love it!

    Tim Conway, Sep 5, 2011
  5. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/5/2011 2:12 PM, tony cooper wrote:
    > On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 13:20:11 -0400, Bowser<> wrote:

    >>> Any chance we can get the next mandate
    >>>

    >> I'm open to suggestions...

    > 1. What Bruce would have submitted if Bruce ever submitted.
    >
    > 2. What Noonsie would have submitted if Noonsie ever submitted.
    >
    > 3. Best and Worst HDR. (Same photo may be entered for both)
    >
    > 4. Best religious icon not found in Peru.
    >
    > 5. Candid shot of airline traveler not carrying a Mac.
    >
    > 6. Table-Top photography of plastic objects that are better
    > than the metal version of the same product.
    >
    > 7. Table-Top photography of metalworking tin can art project.
    >
    > 8. Flood, hurricane, tornado, or earthquake backyard photos.
    >
    > 9. Journalism category: SWAT team iPhone Recovery Unit photos.
    >
    > 10. Travel& Nature category: Rare moths found on Carnival Cruise
    > Line vessel closets.

    ROFL

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Sep 5, 2011
  6. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/5/2011 1:49 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2011-09-05 10:46:40 -0700, Alan Browne
    > <> said:

    >>> I'm open to suggestions...

    >> Haute Couture.

    > Hate "Haute Couture"!
    >
    > I live in T-shirt & Levis circles.

    OK!
    How about Jeans & T-shirts.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Sep 5, 2011
  7. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/5/2011 1:20 PM, Bowser wrote:
    > On 9/4/2011 6:46 PM, PeterN wrote:
    >> On 9/4/2011 4:51 PM, Bowser wrote:
    >>> Just a reminder that Dusk or Dawn shots are due in about a week
    >>> (Septebmer 12th). And yes, my shots are "dusk." TDL to get up early
    >>> lately. The gallery will be here:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
    >>>
    >>> The Shoot-Inis a monthly (sort of) gallery of photos shot to fit a
    >>> mandate. There are no prizes or awards, just some friendly critiques and
    >>> some entertainment. For more info, please visit the Rulz page:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

    >> Any chance we can get the next mandate
    >>

    > I'm open to suggestions...

    At the Zoo

    Wild birds

    My favorite local gin mill

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Sep 5, 2011
  8. PeterN

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 18:20:54 -0400, Bowser <> wrote:

    >On 9/5/2011 1:46 PM, Alan Browne wrote:

    >>> I'm open to suggestions...

    >> Haute Couture.
    >>

    >I don't know what that is. Must be a good subject.

    As I have mentioned before, while I live in Florida I am a native
    Hoosier. Thus, I can explain what Haute Coutre is: it is the fashion
    seen on the streets in Terre Haute, Indiana. Something like this:

    http://listsoplenty.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Farmer.jpg

    Coutre's Haberdashery & Harness Shop has been the place where Terre
    Hauteans have purchased their straw hats for both men and mules since
    1916 when the grandfather of the current owner, Ezra Coutre, emigrated
    to the US after deserting when his French 2nd Colonial Division was
    sent to Verdun.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Sep 6, 2011
  9. PeterN

    Pete A Guest

    On 2011-09-06 01:24:46 +0100, tony cooper said:

    > On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 18:20:54 -0400, Bowser <> wrote:

    >>> Haute Couture.
    >>>

    >> I don't know what that is. Must be a good subject.

    > As I have mentioned before, while I live in Florida I am a native
    > Hoosier. Thus, I can explain what Haute Coutre is: it is the fashion
    > seen on the streets in Terre Haute, Indiana. Something like this:
    >
    > http://listsoplenty.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Farmer.jpg
    >
    > Coutre's Haberdashery & Harness Shop has been the place where Terre
    > Hauteans have purchased their straw hats for both men and mules since
    > 1916 when the grandfather of the current owner, Ezra Coutre, emigrated
    > to the US after deserting when his French 2nd Colonial Division was
    > sent to Verdun.

    Wench in a harness?

    Pete A, Sep 6, 2011
  10. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/5/2011 6:06 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
    > On 2011-09-05 14:56 , Savageduck wrote:
    >> On 2011-09-05 11:26:07 -0700, tony cooper <>
    >> said:

    >>> I don't think Alan is suggesting that you wear a custom-fitted
    >>> original designer dress. I think he means that you photograph someone
    >>> in one.

    >> As I said, with my current social life of a stump, those are certainly
    >> not the fashion circles I mix in.
    >> I might be able to capture some candid street shot of a wench who was
    >> making some sort of contemporary fashion statement, tasteful, or not.

    > Haute Couture and tasteful are not mutually inclusive by default.

    But they usually can easily be.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Sep 6, 2011
  11. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/5/2011 8:24 PM, tony cooper wrote:
    > On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 18:20:54 -0400, Bowser<> wrote:

    >>> Haute Couture.
    >>>

    >> I don't know what that is. Must be a good subject.

    > As I have mentioned before, while I live in Florida I am a native
    > Hoosier. Thus, I can explain what Haute Coutre is: it is the fashion
    > seen on the streets in Terre Haute, Indiana. Something like this:
    >
    > http://listsoplenty.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Farmer.jpg
    >
    > Coutre's Haberdashery& Harness Shop has been the place where Terre
    > Hauteans have purchased their straw hats for both men and mules since
    > 1916 when the grandfather of the current owner, Ezra Coutre, emigrated
    > to the US after deserting when his French 2nd Colonial Division was
    > sent to Verdun.

    And all along I thought Dere Terre Haute was a German word meaning
    arrogance. And Coutre was a French word for Courtesan. Live and learn.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Sep 7, 2011
  12. PeterN

    Robert Coe Guest

    :
    : >On 2011-09-05 10:46:40 -0700, Alan Browne
    : ><> said:
    : >
    : >> On 2011-09-05 13:20 , Bowser wrote:
    : >>> On 9/4/2011 6:46 PM, PeterN wrote:
    : >>>> On 9/4/2011 4:51 PM, Bowser wrote:
    : >>>>> Just a reminder that Dusk or Dawn shots are due in about a week
    : >>>>> (Septebmer 12th). And yes, my shots are "dusk." TDL to get up early
    : >>>>> lately. The gallery will be here:
    : >>>>>
    : >>>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
    : >>>>>
    : >>>>> The Shoot-Inis a monthly (sort of) gallery of photos shot to fit a
    : >>>>> mandate. There are no prizes or awards, just some friendly critiques and
    : >>>>> some entertainment. For more info, please visit the Rulz page:
    : >>>>>
    : >>>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
    : >>>>
    : >>>>
    : >>>> Any chance we can get the next mandate
    : >>>>
    : >>>
    : >>> I'm open to suggestions...
    : >>
    : >> Haute Couture.
    : >
    : >Hate "Haute Couture"!
    : >
    : >I live in T-shirt & Levis circles.
    :
    : I don't think Alan is suggesting that you wear a custom-fitted
    : original designer dress. I think he means that you photograph someone
    : in one.

    And where would we find such?

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Sep 7, 2011
  13. PeterN

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 21:45:21 -0400, Robert Coe <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 14:26:07 -0400, tony cooper <>
    >wrote:
    >: On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 10:49:08 -0700, Savageduck
    >: <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >:
    >: >On 2011-09-05 10:46:40 -0700, Alan Browne
    >: ><> said:
    >: >
    >: >> On 2011-09-05 13:20 , Bowser wrote:
    >: >>> On 9/4/2011 6:46 PM, PeterN wrote:
    >: >>>> On 9/4/2011 4:51 PM, Bowser wrote:
    >: >>>>> Just a reminder that Dusk or Dawn shots are due in about a week
    >: >>>>> (Septebmer 12th). And yes, my shots are "dusk." TDL to get up early
    >: >>>>> lately. The gallery will be here:
    >: >>>>>
    >: >>>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
    >: >>>>>
    >: >>>>> The Shoot-Inis a monthly (sort of) gallery of photos shot to fit a
    >: >>>>> mandate. There are no prizes or awards, just some friendly critiques and
    >: >>>>> some entertainment. For more info, please visit the Rulz page:
    >: >>>>>
    >: >>>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
    >: >>>>
    >: >>>>
    >: >>>> Any chance we can get the next mandate
    >: >>>>
    >: >>>
    >: >>> I'm open to suggestions...
    >: >>
    >: >> Haute Couture.
    >: >
    >: >Hate "Haute Couture"!
    >: >
    >: >I live in T-shirt & Levis circles.
    >:
    >: I don't think Alan is suggesting that you wear a custom-fitted
    >: original designer dress. I think he means that you photograph someone
    >: in one.
    >
    >And where would we find such?

    Since "haute couture" translates from the French to mean exclusive
    custom-fitted clothing, if your wife can whip up an original design
    from a flour sack, she can model it for you.

    You can't advertise her work at haute couture, though, since the
    Frenchies have some rules about that:

    1. Design made-to-order for private clients, with one or more
    fittings.

    2. Have a workshop (atelier) in Paris that employs at least fifteen
    people full-time.

    3. Each season (i.e., twice a year), present a collection to the
    Paris press, comprising at least thirty-five runs/exits with outfits
    for both daytime wear and evening wear.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Sep 7, 2011
  14. PeterN

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 19:54:16 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2011-09-06 18:45:21 -0700, Robert Coe <> said:
    >
    >> On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 14:26:07 -0400, tony cooper <>
    >> wrote:
    >> : On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 10:49:08 -0700, Savageduck
    >> : <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >> :
    >> : >On 2011-09-05 10:46:40 -0700, Alan Browne
    >> : ><> said:
    >> : >
    >> : >> On 2011-09-05 13:20 , Bowser wrote:
    >> : >>> On 9/4/2011 6:46 PM, PeterN wrote:
    >> : >>>> On 9/4/2011 4:51 PM, Bowser wrote:
    >> : >>>>> Just a reminder that Dusk or Dawn shots are due in about a week
    >> : >>>>> (Septebmer 12th). And yes, my shots are "dusk." TDL to get up early
    >> : >>>>> lately. The gallery will be here:
    >> : >>>>>
    >> : >>>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
    >> : >>>>>
    >> : >>>>> The Shoot-Inis a monthly (sort of) gallery of photos shot to fit a
    >> : >>>>> mandate. There are no prizes or awards, just some friendly
    >> critiques and
    >> : >>>>> some entertainment. For more info, please visit the Rulz page:
    >> : >>>>>
    >> : >>>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
    >> : >>>>
    >> : >>>>
    >> : >>>> Any chance we can get the next mandate
    >> : >>>>
    >> : >>>
    >> : >>> I'm open to suggestions...
    >> : >>
    >> : >> Haute Couture.
    >> : >
    >> : >Hate "Haute Couture"!
    >> : >
    >> : >I live in T-shirt & Levis circles.
    >> :
    >> : I don't think Alan is suggesting that you wear a custom-fitted
    >> : original designer dress. I think he means that you photograph someone
    >> : in one.
    >>
    >> And where would we find such?
    >>
    >> Bob

    >Not in San Luis Obispo County, California.

    Well, get yourself over to the Madonnari Festival this coming weekend
    at the Old Mission Plaza in San Luis Obispo and photograph some
    artists. Art show crowds provide wonderful photographic
    opportunities. It's like being at a human zoo.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Sep 7, 2011
  15. PeterN

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 20:14:37 -0700, "Frank S" <>
    wrote:

    >"Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
    >> On 2011-09-06 18:45:21 -0700, Robert Coe <> said:
    >>
    >>> On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 14:26:07 -0400, tony cooper
    >>> <>
    >>> wrote:
    >>> : On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 10:49:08 -0700, Savageduck
    >>> : <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >>> :
    >>> : >On 2011-09-05 10:46:40 -0700, Alan Browne
    >>> : ><> said:
    >>> : >
    >>> : >> On 2011-09-05 13:20 , Bowser wrote:
    >>> : >>> On 9/4/2011 6:46 PM, PeterN wrote:
    >>> : >>>> On 9/4/2011 4:51 PM, Bowser wrote:
    >>> : >>>>> Just a reminder that Dusk or Dawn shots are due in about a week
    >>> : >>>>> (Septebmer 12th). And yes, my shots are "dusk." TDL to get up
    >>> early
    >>> : >>>>> lately. The gallery will be here:
    >>> : >>>>>
    >>> : >>>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
    >>> : >>>>>
    >>> : >>>>> The Shoot-Inis a monthly (sort of) gallery of photos shot to fit
    >>> : >>>>> mandate. There are no prizes or awards, just some friendly
    >>> critiques and
    >>> : >>>>> some entertainment. For more info, please visit the Rulz page:
    >>> : >>>>>
    >>> : >>>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
    >>> : >>>>
    >>> : >>>>
    >>> : >>>> Any chance we can get the next mandate
    >>> : >>>>
    >>> : >>>
    >>> : >>> I'm open to suggestions...
    >>> : >>
    >>> : >> Haute Couture.
    >>> : >
    >>> : >Hate "Haute Couture"!
    >>> : >
    >>> : >I live in T-shirt & Levis circles.
    >>> :
    >>> : I don't think Alan is suggesting that you wear a custom-fitted
    >>> : original designer dress. I think he means that you photograph someone
    >>> : in one.
    >>>
    >>> And where would we find such?
    >>>
    >>> Bob

    >> Not in San Luis Obispo County, California.
    >>

    >You could try Black Rock City NV
    >
    >http://tinyurl.com/create.php?sourc...&biw=1246&bih=673&submit=Make TinyURL!&alias=
    >or
    >
    >http://tinyurl.com/3drymx9
    >
    >Certainly some of that meets a majority of the "haute couture" requirements?

    I'm sure the Duck can find some "hot couture" around his area.

    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos/i-5MJ9w8R/0/X2/i-5MJ9w8R-X2.jpg
    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Sep 7, 2011
  16. PeterN

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 21:58:17 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2011-09-06 20:10:26 -0700, tony cooper <> said:
    >
    >> On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 19:54:16 -0700, Savageduck
    >> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >>> Not in San Luis Obispo County, California.

    >> Well, get yourself over to the Madonnari Festival this coming weekend
    >> at the Old Mission Plaza in San Luis Obispo and photograph some
    >> artists. Art show crowds provide wonderful photographic
    >> opportunities. It's like being at a human zoo.

    >I had been considering that for the targets of opportunity to be found
    >there. Two days, now a decision, Saturday or Sunday.

    Hit the art show one day and the rodeo in Creston on the other day.
    It's an outdoor event, too, so you should be able to get good pix.

    http://www.crestonclassicrodeo.org/

    Our rodeo - Silver Spurs - is inside a huge indoor arena. I wasn't
    able to get close enough to the action to get good pix. Bad light for
    200mm lens at fast speeds, and too far for the 55mm lens.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Sep 7, 2011
  17. PeterN

    Robert Coe Guest

    : > wrote:
    : > : On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 10:49:08 -0700, Savageduck
    : > : <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    : > :
    : > : >On 2011-09-05 10:46:40 -0700, Alan Browne
    : > : ><> said:
    : > : >
    : > : >> On 2011-09-05 13:20 , Bowser wrote:
    : > : >>> On 9/4/2011 6:46 PM, PeterN wrote:
    : > : >>>> On 9/4/2011 4:51 PM, Bowser wrote:
    : > : >>>>> Just a reminder that Dusk or Dawn shots are due in about a week
    : > : >>>>> (Septebmer 12th). And yes, my shots are "dusk." TDL to get up early
    : > : >>>>> lately. The gallery will be here:
    : > : >>>>>
    : > : >>>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
    : > : >>>>>
    : > : >>>>> The Shoot-Inis a monthly (sort of) gallery of photos shot to fit a
    : > : >>>>> mandate. There are no prizes or awards, just some friendly
    : > critiques and
    : > : >>>>> some entertainment. For more info, please visit the Rulz page:
    : > : >>>>>
    : > : >>>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
    : > : >>>>
    : > : >>>>
    : > : >>>> Any chance we can get the next mandate
    : > : >>>>
    : > : >>>
    : > : >>> I'm open to suggestions...
    : > : >>
    : > : >> Haute Couture.
    : > : >
    : > : >Hate "Haute Couture"!
    : > : >
    : > : >I live in T-shirt & Levis circles.
    : > :
    : > : I don't think Alan is suggesting that you wear a custom-fitted
    : > : original designer dress. I think he means that you photograph someone
    : > : in one.
    : >
    : > And where would we find such?
    : >
    : > Bob
    :
    : Not in San Luis Obispo County, California.

    Not in Middlesex County either. At least not in the offices, busses, and
    subway trains I frequent.

    Nor in the Philadelphia suburbs, methinks. Saturday evening, my daughter and
    son-in-law took us out to dinner at a moderately tony seafood restaurant to
    celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary. For such an occasion I had brought
    along a blazer and tie, with a somewhat dressy long-sleeved shirt. As we sat
    on couches and slurped our drinks while waiting for a table, it became
    painfully obvious that I was the most overdressed person at the restaurant. It
    was as though I'd shown up for after-work beers in a white tie and tailcoat.
    If I'd thought to do so, I'd have at least taken off my tie and stuffed it in
    my coat pocket. Even that would have been a bit weird, as I was the only one
    there wearing a coat. "Haute couture"? Gone with the wind, surely.

    But if that mandate does get chosen, I got a great picture yesterday of my two
    granddaughters (9 and 7) about to leave for the bus stop in their
    back-to-school outfits. ;^)

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Sep 8, 2011
  18. PeterN

    Robert Coe Guest

    : >> wrote:
    : >> : On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 10:49:08 -0700, Savageduck
    : >> : <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    : >> :
    : >> : >On 2011-09-05 10:46:40 -0700, Alan Browne
    : >> : ><> said:
    : >> : >
    : >> : >> On 2011-09-05 13:20 , Bowser wrote:
    : >> : >>> On 9/4/2011 6:46 PM, PeterN wrote:
    : >> : >>>> On 9/4/2011 4:51 PM, Bowser wrote:
    : >> : >>>>> Just a reminder that Dusk or Dawn shots are due in about a week
    : >> : >>>>> (Septebmer 12th). And yes, my shots are "dusk." TDL to get up early
    : >> : >>>>> lately. The gallery will be here:
    : >> : >>>>>
    : >> : >>>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
    : >> : >>>>>
    : >> : >>>>> The Shoot-Inis a monthly (sort of) gallery of photos shot to fit a
    : >> : >>>>> mandate. There are no prizes or awards, just some friendly
    : >> critiques and
    : >> : >>>>> some entertainment. For more info, please visit the Rulz page:
    : >> : >>>>>
    : >> : >>>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
    : >> : >>>>
    : >> : >>>>
    : >> : >>>> Any chance we can get the next mandate
    : >> : >>>>
    : >> : >>>
    : >> : >>> I'm open to suggestions...
    : >> : >>
    : >> : >> Haute Couture.
    : >> : >
    : >> : >Hate "Haute Couture"!
    : >> : >
    : >> : >I live in T-shirt & Levis circles.
    : >> :
    : >> : I don't think Alan is suggesting that you wear a custom-fitted
    : >> : original designer dress. I think he means that you photograph
    : >> : someone in one.
    : >>
    : >> And where would we find such?
    : >>
    : >> Bob
    : >
    : >Not in San Luis Obispo County, California.
    :
    : Well, get yourself over to the Madonnari Festival this coming weekend
    : at the Old Mission Plaza in San Luis Obispo and photograph some
    : artists. Art show crowds provide wonderful photographic
    : opportunities. It's like being at a human zoo.

    We take your point, Tony. But my French is weak. What's the opposite of
    "haute"?

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Sep 8, 2011
  19. PeterN

    Irwell Guest

    On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 19:16:19 -0400, Robert Coe wrote:

    > On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 23:10:26 -0400, tony cooper <>
    > wrote:
    >: On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 19:54:16 -0700, Savageduck
    >: <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >:
    >:>On 2011-09-06 18:45:21 -0700, Robert Coe <> said:
    >:>
    >:>> On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 14:26:07 -0400, tony cooper <>
    >:>> wrote:
    >:>> : On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 10:49:08 -0700, Savageduck
    >:>> : <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >:>> :
    >:>> : >On 2011-09-05 10:46:40 -0700, Alan Browne
    >:>> : ><> said:
    >:>> : >
    >:>> : >> On 2011-09-05 13:20 , Bowser wrote:
    >:>> : >>> On 9/4/2011 6:46 PM, PeterN wrote:
    >:>> : >>>> On 9/4/2011 4:51 PM, Bowser wrote:
    >:>> : >>>>> Just a reminder that Dusk or Dawn shots are due in about a week
    >:>> : >>>>> (Septebmer 12th). And yes, my shots are "dusk." TDL to get up early
    >:>> : >>>>> lately. The gallery will be here:
    >:>> : >>>>>
    >:>> : >>>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
    >:>> : >>>>>
    >:>> : >>>>> The Shoot-Inis a monthly (sort of) gallery of photos shot to fit a
    >:>> : >>>>> mandate. There are no prizes or awards, just some friendly
    >:>> critiques and
    >:>> : >>>>> some entertainment. For more info, please visit the Rulz page:
    >:>> : >>>>>
    >:>> : >>>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
    >:>> : >>>>
    >:>> : >>>>
    >:>> : >>>> Any chance we can get the next mandate
    >:>> : >>>>
    >:>> : >>>
    >:>> : >>> I'm open to suggestions...
    >:>> : >>
    >:>> : >> Haute Couture.
    >:>> : >
    >:>> : >Hate "Haute Couture"!
    >:>> : >
    >:>> : >I live in T-shirt & Levis circles.
    >:>> :
    >:>> : I don't think Alan is suggesting that you wear a custom-fitted
    >:>> : original designer dress. I think he means that you photograph
    >:>> : someone in one.
    >:>>
    >:>> And where would we find such?
    >:>>
    >:>> Bob
    >:>
    >:>Not in San Luis Obispo County, California.
    >:
    >: Well, get yourself over to the Madonnari Festival this coming weekend
    >: at the Old Mission Plaza in San Luis Obispo and photograph some
    >: artists. Art show crowds provide wonderful photographic
    >: opportunities. It's like being at a human zoo.
    >
    > We take your point, Tony. But my French is weak. What's the opposite of
    > "haute"?
    >
    > Bob

    Bas.

    Irwell, Sep 8, 2011
  20. PeterN

    tony cooper Guest

    On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 19:16:19 -0400, Robert Coe <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 23:10:26 -0400, tony cooper <>
    >wrote:
    >: On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 19:54:16 -0700, Savageduck
    >: <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >:
    >: >On 2011-09-06 18:45:21 -0700, Robert Coe <> said:
    >: >
    >: >> On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 14:26:07 -0400, tony cooper <>
    >: >> wrote:
    >: >> : On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 10:49:08 -0700, Savageduck
    >: >> : <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >: >> :
    >: >> : >On 2011-09-05 10:46:40 -0700, Alan Browne
    >: >> : ><> said:
    >: >> : >
    >: >> : >> On 2011-09-05 13:20 , Bowser wrote:
    >: >> : >>> On 9/4/2011 6:46 PM, PeterN wrote:
    >: >> : >>>> On 9/4/2011 4:51 PM, Bowser wrote:
    >: >> : >>>>> Just a reminder that Dusk or Dawn shots are due in about a week
    >: >> : >>>>> (Septebmer 12th). And yes, my shots are "dusk." TDL to get up early
    >: >> : >>>>> lately. The gallery will be here:
    >: >> : >>>>>
    >: >> : >>>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
    >: >> : >>>>>
    >: >> : >>>>> The Shoot-Inis a monthly (sort of) gallery of photos shot to fit a
    >: >> : >>>>> mandate. There are no prizes or awards, just some friendly
    >: >> critiques and
    >: >> : >>>>> some entertainment. For more info, please visit the Rulz page:
    >: >> : >>>>>
    >: >> : >>>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
    >: >> : >>>>
    >: >> : >>>>
    >: >> : >>>> Any chance we can get the next mandate
    >: >> : >>>>
    >: >> : >>>
    >: >> : >>> I'm open to suggestions...
    >: >> : >>
    >: >> : >> Haute Couture.
    >: >> : >
    >: >> : >Hate "Haute Couture"!
    >: >> : >
    >: >> : >I live in T-shirt & Levis circles.
    >: >> :
    >: >> : I don't think Alan is suggesting that you wear a custom-fitted
    >: >> : original designer dress. I think he means that you photograph
    >: >> : someone in one.
    >: >>
    >: >> And where would we find such?
    >: >>
    >: >> Bob
    >: >
    >: >Not in San Luis Obispo County, California.
    >:
    >: Well, get yourself over to the Madonnari Festival this coming weekend
    >: at the Old Mission Plaza in San Luis Obispo and photograph some
    >: artists. Art show crowds provide wonderful photographic
    >: opportunities. It's like being at a human zoo.
    >
    >We take your point, Tony. But my French is weak. What's the opposite of
    >"haute"?

    Grunge.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida