Re: [SI] Dusk or Dawn is available mid day!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by DanP, Sep 14, 2011.

  1. DanP

    DanP Guest

    On Wednesday, 14 September 2011 20:31:56 UTC+1, PeterN wrote:
    > On 9/14/2011 1:36 PM, Savageduck wrote:

    > > DanP:
    > > #1; Different with an interesting effect. The zoom exposure does add to
    > > the overall image, I just wonder why f/14.
    > > #2; Nice color in the sky for the sunset, but not unexpected for this SI.
    > >

    > focus distance .03 M?

    Say it was 200m or infinity, would that make a difference? Probably I had focus set to manual to stop it annoying me.

    DanP

    DanP, Sep 14, 2011

  2. DanP

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/14/2011 4:38 PM, DanP wrote:
    > On Wednesday, 14 September 2011 20:31:56 UTC+1, PeterN wrote:
    >> On 9/14/2011 1:36 PM, Savageduck wrote:

    >>> DanP:
    >>> #1; Different with an interesting effect. The zoom exposure does add to
    >>> the overall image, I just wonder why f/14.
    >>> #2; Nice color in the sky for the sunset, but not unexpected for this SI.
    >>>

    >> focus distance .03 M?

    > Say it was 200m or infinity, would that make a difference? Probably I had focus set to manual to stop it annoying me.

    I was just curious. That particular anomaly has appeared in my EXIF
    files too.
    I frequently use manual focus.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Sep 14, 2011

  3. DanP

    DanP Guest

    Now you made me curious, there is no EXIF data for focus in my original file.
    The submitted one was compressed with MS Paint. Laugh if you want but it does the job quick.

    DanP

    DanP, Sep 14, 2011
  4. DanP

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/14/2011 6:40 PM, DanP wrote:
    > Now you made me curious, there is no EXIF data for focus in my original file.
    > The submitted one was compressed with MS Paint. Laugh if you want but it does the job quick.
    >
    > DanP

    I don't laugh at anybody's choice of a tool. I am a firm believer of
    using whatever works best for you.
    Look at the EXIF data on your submission.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Sep 14, 2011