Re: [SI] Dusk or Dawn is available mid day!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Stuffed Crust, Sep 14, 2011.

  1. In rec.photo.equipment.35mm Bowser <> wrote:
    > The Dusk or Dawn gallery is posted, and it's a very healthy gallery,
    > too. Some nice shots in there. Take a look, and offer a friendly
    > critique, if you dare.

    </delurk>

    I have a thing for dawn/dusk shots, but during this mandate I didn't
    take anything new that I cared to submit. But I have a huge pile of
    suitable archived shots to draw upon.

    Ugh, need to participate more..

    - Solomon
    --
    Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet dot org
    Melbourne, FL ^^ (mail/jabber/gtalk) ^^
    Stuffed Crust, Sep 14, 2011

  2. Stuffed Crust

    Robert Coe Guest

    On 14 Sep 2011 20:03:58 GMT, Stuffed Crust <> wrote:
    : In rec.photo.equipment.35mm Bowser <> wrote:
    : > The Dusk or Dawn gallery is posted, and it's a very healthy gallery,
    : > too. Some nice shots in there. Take a look, and offer a friendly
    : > critique, if you dare.
    :
    : </delurk>
    :
    : I have a thing for dawn/dusk shots, but during this mandate I didn't
    : take anything new that I cared to submit. But I have a huge pile of
    : suitable archived shots to draw upon.
    :
    : Ugh, need to participate more..

    Yeah, where the hell you been? You've submitted some really good stuff over
    the years.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Sep 15, 2011

  3. Stuffed Crust

    Peter Chant Guest

    Stuffed Crust wrote:

    > I have a thing for dawn/dusk shots, but during this mandate I didn't
    > take anything new that I cared to submit. But I have a huge pile of
    > suitable archived shots to draw upon.

    I have to fess up, I shot the photos within the period of the mandate but
    only noticed the mandate after taking the photos...

    > Ugh, need to participate more..
    >
    > - Solomon

    Me too.

    --
    http://www.petezilla.co.uk
    Peter Chant, Sep 15, 2011
  4. Stuffed Crust

    tony cooper Guest

    wrote:

    >In rec.photo.equipment.35mm Bowser <> wrote:
    >> The Dusk or Dawn gallery is posted, and it's a very healthy gallery,
    >> too. Some nice shots in there. Take a look, and offer a friendly
    >> critique, if you dare.

    ></delurk>
    >
    >I have a thing for dawn/dusk shots, but during this mandate I didn't
    >take anything new that I cared to submit. But I have a huge pile of
    >suitable archived shots to draw upon.
    >
    >Ugh, need to participate more..

    First one I've missed in a long time, but my one sunset shot would
    have been far out-classed in this group. I don't do sunrise.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Sep 15, 2011
  5. In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Bowser <> wrote:
    > And I need to get down to Charlie and Jakes more often.
    >
    > I haven't been in a long time. Is it still there?

    It was the last time I drove up to Viera, but that was months ago.

    - Solomon [Never actually been there though]
    Stuffed Crust, Sep 15, 2011
  6. In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > Yeah, where the hell you been? You've submitted some really good stuff over
    > the years.

    It's been a dry spell for me, unfortunately. I'm working on changing
    that, but the project pipeline needs to drain a bit more so I have the
    energy to play and/or be sociable.

    This time around, I only had a couple of shots suitable for the mandate,
    but I didn't think there was anything special about them -- and my
    favorite was technically awful.

    It just didn't seem right to submit a pile of archive shots this time.

    - Solomon
    Stuffed Crust, Sep 15, 2011
  7. Stuffed Crust

    Peter Chant Guest

    tony cooper wrote:
    > First one I've missed in a long time, but my one sunset shot would
    > have been far out-classed in this group. I don't do sunrise.

    Try not going to bed...

    :)

    --
    http://www.petezilla.co.uk
    Peter Chant, Sep 15, 2011
  8. Stuffed Crust

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/14/2011 9:40 PM, tony cooper wrote:
    > On 14 Sep 2011 20:03:58 GMT, Stuffed Crust<>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> In rec.photo.equipment.35mm Bowser<> wrote:
    >>> The Dusk or Dawn gallery is posted, and it's a very healthy gallery,
    >>> too. Some nice shots in there. Take a look, and offer a friendly
    >>> critique, if you dare.

    >> </delurk>
    >>
    >> I have a thing for dawn/dusk shots, but during this mandate I didn't
    >> take anything new that I cared to submit. But I have a huge pile of
    >> suitable archived shots to draw upon.
    >>
    >> Ugh, need to participate more..

    > First one I've missed in a long time, but my one sunset shot would
    > have been far out-classed in this group. I don't do sunrise.

    We'll still welcome your pithy comments.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Sep 16, 2011
  9. In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Paul Furman <> wrote:
    > Stuffed Crust wrote:
    >> and my favorite was technically awful.

    > Didn't stop me ;-)

    Okay, okay...

    http://www.peachyphotos.com/po/photo/155305:214508

    I know what I was trying to accomplish, but it just didn't work....

    - Solomon
    Stuffed Crust, Sep 19, 2011
  10. Stuffed Crust

    otter Guest

    Re: Dusk or Dawn is available mid day!

    On Sep 19, 8:58 am, Stuffed Crust <> wrote:
    > In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Paul Furman <> wrote:
    >
    > > Stuffed Crust wrote:
    > >> and my favorite was technically awful.

    > > Didn't stop me ;-)

    > Okay, okay...
    >
    >  http://www.peachyphotos.com/po/photo/155305:214508
    >
    > I know what I was trying to accomplish, but it just didn't work....
    >
    >  - Solomon

    You captured the moment!
    Brought back memories.
    otter, Sep 19, 2011
  11. Stuffed Crust

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/19/2011 1:56 PM, Paul Furman wrote:
    > otter wrote:

    >>> Okay, okay...
    >>>
    >>> http://www.peachyphotos.com/po/photo/155305:214508
    >>>
    >>> I know what I was trying to accomplish, but it just didn't work....
    >>>
    >>> - Solomon

    >> You captured the moment!
    >> Brought back memories.

    > But you need someone handing you a hot cup of coffee!

    Better a hut toddy, served by a companion with a hot body.

    --
    Peter
    Getting ready to snuggle.
    PeterN, Sep 20, 2011
  12. Stuffed Crust

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Stuffed Crust <> wrote:
    >In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Paul Furman <> wrote:
    >> Stuffed Crust wrote:
    >>> and my favorite was technically awful.

    >> Didn't stop me ;-)

    >Okay, okay...
    >
    > http://www.peachyphotos.com/po/photo/155305:214508
    >
    >I know what I was trying to accomplish, but it just didn't work....

    Hmmm. I see what you mean. Tough to get sleeping people and the sun
    to line themselves up right. One gets cranky and the other just
    ignores you.

    Ray Fischer, Sep 25, 2011