Re: [SI] Dusk or Dawn is available mid day!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PeterN, Sep 14, 2011.

  1. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/13/2011 6:40 PM, Bowser wrote:
    > The Dusk or Dawn gallery is posted, and it's a very healthy gallery,
    > too. Some nice shots in there. Take a look, and offer a friendly
    > critique, if you dare.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
    >
    > Give the Shoot-In a try! Read all about it here:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
    >
    > FYI: thanks to a request in one of the newsgroups, I've done a little
    > digging into the feasibility of increasing the max image size, and I
    > think we're OK to increase it. I'll post the new size limit in a
    > separate posting. Pbase has adjusted their limits (based on dollar
    > value) so we'll follow suit.

    Oops. I think I accidentally sent you three images that were not
    intended to be sent to the SI.

    They are the images labeled c26. I see you got the correct ones too.
    It's OK if you leave them up, but they really are OT.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Sep 14, 2011

  2. PeterN

    Bruce Guest

    >On 2011-09-13 20:40:15 -0700, PeterN <> said:
    >
    >> On 9/13/2011 6:40 PM, Bowser wrote:
    >>> The Dusk or Dawn gallery is posted, and it's a very healthy gallery,
    >>> too. Some nice shots in there. Take a look, and offer a friendly
    >>> critique, if you dare.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
    >>>
    >>> Give the Shoot-In a try! Read all about it here:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
    >>>
    >>> FYI: thanks to a request in one of the newsgroups, I've done a little
    >>> digging into the feasibility of increasing the max image size, and I
    >>> think we're OK to increase it. I'll post the new size limit in a
    >>> separate posting. Pbase has adjusted their limits (based on dollar
    >>> value) so we'll follow suit.

    >> Oops. I think I accidentally sent you three images that were not
    >> intended to be sent to the SI.
    >>
    >> They are the images labeled c26. I see you got the correct ones too.
    >> It's OK if you leave them up, but they really are OT.

    >I was thinking that myself.
    >There was a WTF moment when I saw those and tried to see how "dusk or
    >dawn" was going to fit.

    Doesn't that just sum up the SI?

    Someone submits three images that are completely unrelated to the
    so-called "mandate", and they get accepted!

    The SI is *so* bad, it's completely hilarious!
    Bruce, Sep 14, 2011

  3. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/14/2011 12:09 AM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2011-09-13 20:40:15 -0700, PeterN <> said:
    >
    >> On 9/13/2011 6:40 PM, Bowser wrote:
    >>> The Dusk or Dawn gallery is posted, and it's a very healthy gallery,
    >>> too. Some nice shots in there. Take a look, and offer a friendly
    >>> critique, if you dare.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
    >>>
    >>> Give the Shoot-In a try! Read all about it here:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
    >>>
    >>> FYI: thanks to a request in one of the newsgroups, I've done a little
    >>> digging into the feasibility of increasing the max image size, and I
    >>> think we're OK to increase it. I'll post the new size limit in a
    >>> separate posting. Pbase has adjusted their limits (based on dollar
    >>> value) so we'll follow suit.

    >> Oops. I think I accidentally sent you three images that were not
    >> intended to be sent to the SI.
    >>
    >> They are the images labeled c26. I see you got the correct ones too.
    >> It's OK if you leave them up, but they really are OT.

    > I was thinking that myself.
    > There was a WTF moment when I saw those and tried to see how "dusk or
    > dawn" was going to fit.

    They obviously don't. I had been wondering why there was no
    acknowledgement from their intended destination, and to be resent. Now
    the mystery is solved.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Sep 14, 2011
  4. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/14/2011 5:25 AM, Bruce wrote:
    > Savageduck<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >>> Oops. I think I accidentally sent you three images that were not
    >>> intended to be sent to the SI.
    >>>
    >>> They are the images labeled c26. I see you got the correct ones too.
    >>> It's OK if you leave them up, but they really are OT.

    >> I was thinking that myself.
    >> There was a WTF moment when I saw those and tried to see how "dusk or
    >> dawn" was going to fit.

    > Doesn't that just sum up the SI?
    >
    > Someone submits three images that are completely unrelated to the
    > so-called "mandate", and they get accepted!
    >
    > The SI is *so* bad, it's completely hilarious!

    What is hilarious is that you make nasty comments about mistakes and
    refuse to participate yourself. HEY get this, The SI is nothing more
    than a forum for some, who are interested to display their work. If the
    submission is not on the theme, so what. Ever;everyubody recognizes it
    is such.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Sep 14, 2011
  5. PeterN

    otter Guest

    Re: Dusk or Dawn is available mid day!

    On Sep 14, 4:25 am, Bruce <> wrote:

    > Someone submits three images that are completely unrelated to the

    so-called "mandate", and they get accepted!
    > The SI is *so* bad, it's completely hilarious!

    If the SI had pretentions of being a contest with strict rules and
    actual prizes, you might have a point. But it doesn't.

    What baffles me is why some people feel compelled to belittle the SI,
    and yet never post pictures or links to their own portfolios. It just
    seems cowardly.
    otter, Sep 14, 2011
  6. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/14/2011 9:39 AM, Bowser wrote:
    > On 9/13/2011 11:40 PM, PeterN wrote:
    >> On 9/13/2011 6:40 PM, Bowser wrote:
    >>> The Dusk or Dawn gallery is posted, and it's a very healthy gallery,
    >>> too. Some nice shots in there. Take a look, and offer a friendly
    >>> critique, if you dare.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
    >>>
    >>> Give the Shoot-In a try! Read all about it here:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
    >>>
    >>> FYI: thanks to a request in one of the newsgroups, I've done a little
    >>> digging into the feasibility of increasing the max image size, and I
    >>> think we're OK to increase it. I'll post the new size limit in a
    >>> separate posting. Pbase has adjusted their limits (based on dollar
    >>> value) so we'll follow suit.

    >> Oops. I think I accidentally sent you three images that were not
    >> intended to be sent to the SI.
    >>
    >> They are the images labeled c26. I see you got the correct ones too.
    >> It's OK if you leave them up, but they really are OT.
    >>

    > Dumped. Shoulda seen that.

    Sorry about the bad address.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Sep 14, 2011
  7. PeterN

    On Sep 14, 9:26 am, PeterN <> wrote:
    > On 9/14/2011 9:39 AM, Bowser wrote:

    > >> Oops. I think I accidentally sent you three images that were not
    > >> intended to be sent to the SI.

    > >> They are the images labeled c26. I see you got the correct ones too.
    > >> It's OK if you leave them up, but they really are OT.

    > > Dumped. Shoulda seen that.

    > Sorry about the bad address.

    I'm not. I liked the pictures, even though they were OT. I
    especially liked "The Beak".
    otter, Sep 14, 2011
  8. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/14/2011 10:46 AM, otter wrote:
    > On Sep 14, 9:26 am, PeterN<> wrote:

    >>> Dumped. Shoulda seen that.

    >> Sorry about the bad address.

    > I'm not. I liked the pictures, even though they were OT. I
    > especially liked "The Beak".

    Thanks. They did reasonably in my CC competition. The soldiers won
    digital image of the month. The Beak scored an 8 out of a possible 9 and
    the garden did not do well at all.
    However I sent them in error and they did not belong. I am selecting for
    my website, winch will go live about mid November and The Beak probably
    will be there.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Sep 14, 2011