Re: [SI] Doors - "The Words" (for the late comers)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Pablo, Jun 6, 2012.

  1. Pablo

    Pablo Guest

    Savageduck escribió:

    > ...and then Pablo with his contribution, made from that small piece of
    > Spanish soil which shall be forever England.

    I went into a restaurant last night and the owner admitted that he depended
    on the Brits for 50% of his income. And this is inland.

    > Pablo:
    > Doors-01:
    > Nice detail of the steel door, with lock & chain. This could have
    > easily been an entry in the previous SI. Nice shot.

    A donkey stall.

    Here:
    http://www.elrefugiodelburrito.com/

    > Doors-02:
    > Now that is an "Old World" portal. The fasteners are quite interesting,
    > and it appears not to have been used in our lifetimes. Another
    > interesting find.

    A previous picture of the pump house:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbleypants/5503320951/in/photostream

    Now abandoned and they've drilled a new well just 20 metres away and built a
    new pump house over it.

    > Doors-03:
    > There seems to be no dearth of old doors in your part of Spain. This
    > shot is a nice idea, but is a bit too peek-a-booish through the
    > foliage. With 20/20 hindsight, and not knowing the exact circumstances
    > of you capturing the shot, I would have preferred if you had been able
    > to avoid the closest group of OOF branches and leaves. Otherwise
    > another interesting door shot.

    Noticed it while walking past. Couldn't get much closer. I was actually
    getting bitten to death whilst standing on a wobbly stone.

    > All in all nice work. Keep at it.

    Thank you. Follow-ups removed.

    --
    Pablo