Re: [SI] Doors - always open

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by watchmaker, Jun 6, 2012.

  1. watchmaker

    watchmaker Guest

    Alan Browne wrote:

    > Some latecomers.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/doors

    I'm late with my thoughts on some of the submissions:

    Dan Petre 2 - A beautiful door & octagonal transom, made into a
    hilarious photo with the ADT alarm box echoing the transom window. The
    textures and warmth of the stone and wood are very good.

    Peter Newman Essential Door - A mundane view made interesting by the
    curved metallic reflections. Cropping gives excellent proportions.

    Peter Newman Garden Door - A picture within a picture, the two hedges
    are the strongest elements, the eye is led to them by the water lilies.
    I'm not sure if the herringbone-paved road/walkway wants to take up a
    little less of the vertical sequence.

    Bowser 02 - This is one of my favorites, and not just because I
    submitted a bricked up door. The overall balance is excellent with the
    two main elements displaying what can be done with overall symmetry
    without being static. The wires entering the window lead the eye to the
    conduit exiting the door, another dynamic element. The colors and
    textures unify the whole.
    watchmaker, Jun 6, 2012

  2. watchmaker

    PeterN Guest

    On 6/6/2012 6:47 AM, watchmaker wrote:
    > Alan Browne wrote:
    >>
    >> Some latecomers.
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/doors
    >>

    > I'm late with my thoughts on some of the submissions:
    >

    > Dan Petre 2 - A beautiful door & octagonal transom, made into a
    > hilarious photo with the ADT alarm box echoing the transom window. The
    > textures and warmth of the stone and wood are very good.
    >
    > Peter Newman Essential Door - A mundane view made interesting by the
    > curved metallic ref second glance the iOnlections. Cropping gives excellent proportions.

    The reflections are what intrigued me.

    > Peter Newman Garden Door - A picture within a picture, the two hedges
    > are the strongest elements, the eye is led to them by the water lilies.
    > I'm not sure if the herringbone-paved road/walkway wants to take up a
    > little less of the vertical sequence.

    Thanks for your comments.
    I agree the garden could be less sparse.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Jun 9, 2012