Re: [SI] Don't forget to send your favorites!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Tim Conway, Oct 22, 2009.

  1. Tim Conway

    Tim Conway Guest

    "Bowser" <> wrote in message
    > Don't forget, this month's mandate, Due on the 25th, is "Your Favorite of
    > the Month." Send us something you shot and tellus why you like it. Any
    > subject matter is OK. Except porn. Put a brief description in the e-mail
    > and I'll paste it into the description so we know why you like it. the
    > gallery is here:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/your_favorite
    >
    > And please send the pix here:
    >
    > si dot moderator at yahoo dot com
    >
    > We look forward to your entries.
    >
    > PS: all I shoot this time of year is HS sports, so don't break my chops if
    > all I submit are football pix.

    Did you get my 3?
    I didn't receive any replies.
    Tim Conway
    Tim Conway, Oct 22, 2009

  2. Tim Conway

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 11:40:52 -0400, "Tim Conway" <>
    wrote:
    :
    : "Bowser" <> wrote in message
    : news:4adf9fcd$0$12230$...
    : > Don't forget, this month's mandate, Due on the 25th, is "Your Favorite of
    : > the Month." Send us something you shot and tellus why you like it. Any
    : > subject matter is OK. Except porn. Put a brief description in the e-mail
    : > and I'll paste it into the description so we know why you like it. the
    : > gallery is here:
    : >
    : > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/your_favorite
    : >
    : > And please send the pix here:
    : >
    : > si dot moderator at yahoo dot com
    : >
    : > We look forward to your entries.
    : >
    : > PS: all I shoot this time of year is HS sports, so don't break my chops if
    : > all I submit are football pix.
    : Did you get my 3?
    : I didn't receive any replies.
    : Tim Conway

    And I sent you (Bowser) four messages (one picture per message) today: three
    from me and one from my wife. I got only one acknowledgement. Is that OK? Did
    you receive the pix?

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Oct 24, 2009

  3. Tim Conway

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 11:07:37 -0400, Alan Browne
    <> wrote:
    : Robert Coe wrote:
    :
    : > And I sent you (Bowser) four messages (one picture per message) today: three
    : > from me and one from my wife. I got only one acknowledgement. Is that OK? Did
    : > you receive the pix?
    :
    : Sometimes gmail and yahoo mail generate a receipt for a first mailing,
    : but not for subsequent mailings to the same address in a short period of
    : time.

    Maybe that's it. Thanks for the tip.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Oct 24, 2009
  4. Tim Conway

    Annika1980 Guest

    Re: Don't forget to send your favorites!

    On Oct 24, 11:07 am, Alan Browne <>
    wrote:
    > Robert Coe wrote:
    > > And I sent you (Bowser) four messages (one picture per message) today: three
    > > from me and one from my wife. I got only one acknowledgement. Is that OK? Did
    > > you receive the pix?

    > Sometimes gmail and yahoo mail generate a receipt for a first mailing,
    > but not for subsequent mailings to the same address in a short period of
    > time.

    I also sent in my 3, but only got one response.
    Annika1980, Oct 25, 2009
  5. Tim Conway

    Robert Coe Guest

    Re: Don't forget to send your favorites!

    On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 06:48:35 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980 <>
    wrote:
    : On Oct 24, 11:07 am, Alan Browne <>
    : wrote:
    : > Robert Coe wrote:
    : > > And I sent you (Bowser) four messages (one picture per message) today: three
    : > > from me and one from my wife. I got only one acknowledgement. Is that OK? Did
    : > > you receive the pix?
    : >
    : > Sometimes gmail and yahoo mail generate a receipt for a first mailing,
    : > but not for subsequent mailings to the same address in a short period of
    : > time.
    :
    : I also sent in my 3, but only got one response.

    Bowser has since reported that he received all four of the ones I sent. I
    suspect that Alan's explanation is the correct one.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Oct 25, 2009
  6. Tim Conway

    On Oct 25, 11:30 am, Robert Coe <> wrote:

    > :
    > : I also sent in my 3, but only got one response.
    >
    > Bowser has since reported that he received all four of the ones I sent. I
    > suspect that Alan's explanation is the correct one.

    Four? Cheater!
    The hardest part of this assignment for me was culling them down to
    just three.
    I'll post the rest of my Top-10 later.
    Annika1980, Oct 25, 2009
  7. Tim Conway

    Robert Coe Guest

    Re: Don't forget to send your favorites!

    On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 10:06:45 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980 <>
    wrote:
    : On Oct 25, 11:30 am, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    :
    : > :
    : > : I also sent in my 3, but only got one response.
    : >
    : > Bowser has since reported that he received all four of the ones I sent.
    : > I suspect that Alan's explanation is the correct one.
    : >
    :
    : Four? Cheater!
    : The hardest part of this assignment for me was culling them down to
    : just three.
    : I'll post the rest of my Top-10 later.

    wife's.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Oct 25, 2009
  8. Tim Conway

    Robert Coe Guest

    Re: Don't forget to send your favorites!

    On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 13:18:29 -0700, "Frank ess" <> wrote:
    :
    :
    : Robert Coe wrote:
    : > On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 06:48:35 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980
    : > <> wrote:
    : >> On Oct 24, 11:07 am, Alan Browne
    : >> <> wrote:
    : >>> Robert Coe wrote:
    : >>>> And I sent you (Bowser) four messages (one picture per message)
    : >>>> today: three from me and one from my wife. I got only one
    : >>>> acknowledgement. Is that OK? Did you receive the pix?
    : >>>
    : >>> Sometimes gmail and yahoo mail generate a receipt for a first
    : >>> mailing, but not for subsequent mailings to the same address in a
    : >>> short period of time.
    : >>
    : >> I also sent in my 3, but only got one response.
    : >
    : > Bowser has since reported that he received all four of the ones I
    : > sent. I suspect that Alan's explanation is the correct one.
    : >
    : > Bob
    :
    : Was that a spontaneous report, or did you solicit it?

    I asked, after receiving only one response to four separate messages.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Oct 25, 2009