Re: [SI] Don't forget to send a few "Ms" for next Thursday

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robert Coe, Feb 25, 2011.

  1. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 08:41:58 -0500, Bowser <> wrote:
    : Yes, the "M" mandate is due in just a short week. Amazingly, I was in
    : Florida this week and failed to get a shot of Mickey Mouse. Maybe next
    : time. I was in EPCOT, the mouse was not. Wait! Does Mary Poppins count?
    :
    : The gallery will be here:
    : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_m
    :
    :
    : The Rulz and other info about the Shoot-In can be found here:
    : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

    <gulp!> I thought we had until a week from Sunday. I should have looked at the
    calendar to see when the date actually fell. :^|

    I'm already editing two photo shoots from this week for work, with another
    coming up on Monday. And I'm unusually busy with the computer part of my job
    (the part that determines whether I actually get paid) just now. So I may be
    amongst the missing this time. But I think Martha said she has her "M" shots
    in order.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Feb 25, 2011

  2. Robert Coe

    Pete Guest

    On 2011-02-25 22:50:41 +0000, Robert Coe said:

    > On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 08:41:58 -0500, Bowser <> wrote:
    > : Yes, the "M" mandate is due in just a short week. Amazingly, I was in
    > : Florida this week and failed to get a shot of Mickey Mouse. Maybe next
    > : time. I was in EPCOT, the mouse was not. Wait! Does Mary Poppins count?
    > :
    > : The gallery will be here:
    > : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_m
    > :
    > :
    > : The Rulz and other info about the Shoot-In can be found here:
    > : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
    >
    > <gulp!> I thought we had until a week from Sunday. I should have looked at the
    > calendar to see when the date actually fell. :^|
    >
    > I'm already editing two photo shoots from this week for work, with another
    > coming up on Monday. And I'm unusually busy with the computer part of my job
    > (the part that determines whether I actually get paid) just now. So I may be
    > amongst the missing this time. But I think Martha said she has her "M" shots
    > in order.

    How about submitting one of Martha's as your own :^)

    --
    Pete

    Pete, Feb 25, 2011

  3. Robert Coe

    tony cooper Guest

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 17:50:41 -0500, Robert Coe <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 08:41:58 -0500, Bowser <> wrote:
    >: Yes, the "M" mandate is due in just a short week. Amazingly, I was in
    >: Florida this week and failed to get a shot of Mickey Mouse. Maybe next
    >: time. I was in EPCOT, the mouse was not. Wait! Does Mary Poppins count?
    >:
    >: The gallery will be here:
    >: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_m
    >:
    >:
    >: The Rulz and other info about the Shoot-In can be found here:
    >: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
    >
    ><gulp!> I thought we had until a week from Sunday. I should have looked at the
    >calendar to see when the date actually fell. :^|
    >
    >I'm already editing two photo shoots from this week for work, with another
    >coming up on Monday. And I'm unusually busy with the computer part of my job
    >(the part that determines whether I actually get paid) just now. So I may be
    >amongst the missing this time. But I think Martha said she has her "M" shots
    >in order.

    I have my three, two of which are intended as humorous but may prove
    Bruce to be right in that SI submissions are nothing but crap.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Feb 26, 2011
  4. Robert Coe

    PeterN Guest

    On 2/25/2011 8:30 PM, tony cooper wrote:
    > On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 17:50:41 -0500, Robert Coe<> wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 08:41:58 -0500, Bowser<> wrote:
    >> : Yes, the "M" mandate is due in just a short week. Amazingly, I was in
    >> : Florida this week and failed to get a shot of Mickey Mouse. Maybe next
    >> : time. I was in EPCOT, the mouse was not. Wait! Does Mary Poppins count?
    >> :
    >> : The gallery will be here:
    >> : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_m
    >> :
    >> :
    >> : The Rulz and other info about the Shoot-In can be found here:
    >> : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
    >>
    >> <gulp!> I thought we had until a week from Sunday. I should have looked at the
    >> calendar to see when the date actually fell. :^|
    >>
    >> I'm already editing two photo shoots from this week for work, with another
    >> coming up on Monday. And I'm unusually busy with the computer part of my job
    >> (the part that determines whether I actually get paid) just now. So I may be
    >> amongst the missing this time. But I think Martha said she has her "M" shots
    >> in order.
    >>

    > I have my three, two of which are intended as humorous but may prove
    > Bruce to be right in that SI submissions are nothing but crap.

    Just a guess. Has the subject been translated in order to create the "M"
    title?

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Feb 26, 2011
  5. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 15:49:32 -0800, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    : On 2011-02-25 15:44:54 -0800, Pete
    : <> said:
    :
    : > On 2011-02-25 22:50:41 +0000, Robert Coe said:
    : >
    : >> On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 08:41:58 -0500, Bowser <> wrote:
    : >> : Yes, the "M" mandate is due in just a short week. Amazingly, I was in
    : >> : Florida this week and failed to get a shot of Mickey Mouse. Maybe next
    : >> : time. I was in EPCOT, the mouse was not. Wait! Does Mary Poppins count?
    : >> :
    : >> : The gallery will be here:
    : >> : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_m
    : >> :
    : >> :
    : >> : The Rulz and other info about the Shoot-In can be found here:
    : >> : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
    : >>
    : >> <gulp!> I thought we had until a week from Sunday. I should have looked at the
    : >> calendar to see when the date actually fell. :^|
    : >>
    : >> I'm already editing two photo shoots from this week for work, with another
    : >> coming up on Monday. And I'm unusually busy with the computer part of my job
    : >> (the part that determines whether I actually get paid) just now. So I may be
    : >> amongst the missing this time. But I think Martha said she has her "M" shots
    : >> in order.
    : >
    : > How about submitting one of Martha's as your own :^)

    I don't dare do that two months in a row!

    : It could be titled, "My Martha Masterpiece".

    Ya know, by one definition, everything she submits is an "M", isn't it?

    How about a roll of Scotch tape? Is it still made by a company called
    "Minnesots Mining & Manufacturing"?

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Feb 26, 2011
  6. Robert Coe

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 06:00:43 -0500, PeterN
    <> wrote:

    >On 2/25/2011 8:30 PM, tony cooper wrote:
    >> On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 17:50:41 -0500, Robert Coe<> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 08:41:58 -0500, Bowser<> wrote:
    >>> : Yes, the "M" mandate is due in just a short week. Amazingly, I was in
    >>> : Florida this week and failed to get a shot of Mickey Mouse. Maybe next
    >>> : time. I was in EPCOT, the mouse was not. Wait! Does Mary Poppins count?
    >>> :
    >>> : The gallery will be here:
    >>> : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_m
    >>> :
    >>> :
    >>> : The Rulz and other info about the Shoot-In can be found here:
    >>> : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
    >>>
    >>> <gulp!> I thought we had until a week from Sunday. I should have looked at the
    >>> calendar to see when the date actually fell. :^|
    >>>
    >>> I'm already editing two photo shoots from this week for work, with another
    >>> coming up on Monday. And I'm unusually busy with the computer part of my job
    >>> (the part that determines whether I actually get paid) just now. So I may be
    >>> amongst the missing this time. But I think Martha said she has her "M" shots
    >>> in order.
    >>>

    >> I have my three, two of which are intended as humorous but may prove
    >> Bruce to be right in that SI submissions are nothing but crap.
    >>

    >Just a guess. Has the subject been translated in order to create the "M"
    >title?

    You'll see next week. You can rule out "moth", though. I was going
    to try to duplicate our Troll's detailed rare moth photos, but decided
    it would be too much work cleaning the peanut butter off my lens
    afterward.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Feb 26, 2011