Re: [SI] Curves - "The 'Duck Comments"

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by skp, Nov 22, 2012.

  1. skp

    skp Guest

    On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:58:58 PM UTC, Savageduck wrote:
    > SI Mandate: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/curve
    >
    > ‘Duck comments:
    >
    > KPetre:
    >
    > Curves-01:
    >
    > Statuary curves. A nice weathered piece.
    >
    > Curves-02:
    >
    > Now this is interesting in so many ways. The twisted “sails” and
    >
    > related curves are fascinating.. I am left wondering; Where is this?
    >
    > What is this? Is it work of art, a tent shelter or marquee of some sort?

    It's a membrane tent structure at People's Palace Gardens, Glasgow. I thinkit is made for people to take shelter from the rain when the museum is closed rather than protection from the sun which is very rare in this part of the world.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hoj8k5qy96nrs38/Membrane tent.jpg

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People's_Palace

    > Curves-03:
    >
    > Here is one I am familiar with, the tri-point star contained within the
    >
    > curved ring with the curves repeated as a shadow.

    Thanks a lot for your comments.
    Regards
    KPetre

    skp, Nov 22, 2012