Re: [SI] Curves - comments from Stick

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PeterN, Nov 22, 2012.

  1. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 11/21/2012 9:29 PM, jgh wrote:
    > Stream-of-conciousness comments:
    >

    > Peter Newman: Roller-skating interrupted. High iso test shot?
    > Very tight crop? Where did all that noise come from?

    All three. I rarely use noise reduction, but should start.

    > Peter Newman: Car and boat (apparently). I don't see them.

    Camera rotation and color reversal help make objects difficult to
    identify. A car and a boat were in the scene.

    > Peter Newman: Modern doorway. Nice emphasis of the cylindrical
    > build, bright against the mono windows. Was it really like
    > that or did you desaturate?

    I slightly desaturated on the left side because I didn't like the yellow
    reflections. Otherwise, that was pretty much the scene at 13th St &
    Ninth Ave, in NYC.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Nov 22, 2012

  2. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 11/22/2012 10:45 AM, PeterN wrote:
    > On 11/21/2012 9:29 PM, jgh wrote:
    >> Stream-of-conciousness comments:
    >>

    >> Peter Newman: Roller-skating interrupted. High iso test shot?
    >> Very tight crop? Where did all that noise come from?

    > All three. I rarely use noise reduction, but should start.
    >

    >> Peter Newman: Car and boat (apparently). I don't see them.
    >>

    > Camera rotation and color reversal help make objects difficult to
    > identify. A car and a boat were in the scene.
    >
    >> Peter Newman: Modern doorway. Nice emphasis of the cylindrical
    >> build, bright against the mono windows. Was it really like
    >> that or did you desaturate?
    >>

    > I slightly desaturated on the left side because I didn't like the yellow
    > reflections. Otherwise, that was pretty much the scene at 13th St &
    > Ninth Ave, in NYC.

    Correction. I revisited the image. You are right, I desaturated the
    entire background. More on the left than on the right.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Nov 23, 2012