Re: [SI] Communication will be posted on Monday, 2/2/09.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Noons, Feb 2, 2009.

  1. Noons

    Noons Guest

    bowser wrote,on my timestamp of 2/02/2009 3:58 AM:
    > No, I don't have a *good* excuse, just that I'll be at a Superbowl party
    > tonight. Feel free to communicate your displeasure.

    Bleagh!

    Noons, Feb 2, 2009

  2. Noons

    Annika1980 Guest

    Re: Communication will be posted on Monday, 2/2/09.

    On Feb 2, 5:30 am, Noons <> wrote:
    > bowser wrote,on my timestamp of 2/02/2009 3:58 AM:
    >
    > > No, I don't have a *good* excuse, just that I'll be at a Superbowl party
    > > tonight. Feel free to communicate your displeasure.

    > Bleagh!

    I can already predict the mandate summary for this one.
    I predict a low turn-out (at least from me) and lots of pics of
    modems, cellphones, and other boring stuff.

    "What we have here is a failure to communicate!"

    Annika1980, Feb 2, 2009

  3. Noons

    tony cooper Guest

    Re: Communication will be posted on Monday, 2/2/09.

    On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 09:38:38 -0800 (PST), Annika1980
    <> wrote:

    >On Feb 2, 5:30 am, Noons <> wrote:
    >> bowser wrote,on my timestamp of 2/02/2009 3:58 AM:
    >>
    >> > No, I don't have a *good* excuse, just that I'll be at a Superbowl party
    >> > tonight. Feel free to communicate your displeasure.

    >> Bleagh!

    >I can already predict the mandate summary for this one.
    >I predict a low turn-out (at least from me) and lots of pics of
    >modems, cellphones, and other boring stuff.

    Whassa matter, Bret? Couldn't think of an imaginative way meet the
    mandate?

    Couldn't you have photographed one of those cheerleaders with the
    Clydesdale legs holding up a megaphone?

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Feb 2, 2009
  4. Noons

    bowzer Guest

    "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    On Feb 2, 5:30 am, Noons <> wrote:

    >I can already predict the mandate summary for this one.
    >I predict a low turn-out (at least from me) and lots of pics of
    >modems, cellphones, and other boring stuff.

    >"What we have here is a failure to communicate!"

    Partially correct, but none of my shots fit your description. Except for the
    boring part.

    bowzer, Feb 2, 2009
  5. Noons

    On Feb 2, 2:02 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:

    > Whassa matter, Bret?  Couldn't think of an imaginative way meet the
    > mandate?

    I took one today that might qualify. I'll send it shortly.

    > Couldn't you have photographed one of those cheerleaders with the
    > Clydesdale legs holding up a megaphone?

    Dude, 1950 says hi.
    Cheerleaders don't use megaphones any more to communicate the cheers.
    They text them to the audience.

    Annika1980, Feb 3, 2009
  6. Noons

    tony cooper Guest

    Re: Communication will be posted on Monday, 2/2/09.

    On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 16:06:09 -0800 (PST), Annika1980
    <> wrote:

    >On Feb 2, 2:02 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Whassa matter, Bret?  Couldn't think of an imaginative way meet the
    >> mandate?

    >I took one today that might qualify. I'll send it shortly.

    Ahhh, c'mon, Bret. The rules are loose. If it's a good photograph,
    send it in. Helen will swoon with ecstasy and tell you it should be
    in National Geographic, D-Mac will tell you it should have been a
    hand-held 67 shot stitched panorama shot from a ladder, Rita won't
    understand it if it's in focus, Noons will say it's over-sharpened
    crap, and Focus will tell you it's blurry. (Noons and Focus would say
    the same thing about a photograph taken with the lens cap on.)

    >> Couldn't you have photographed one of those cheerleaders with the
    >> Clydesdale legs holding up a megaphone?

    >Dude, 1950 says hi.
    >Cheerleaders don't use megaphones any more to communicate the cheers.
    >They text them to the audience.

    So? That's communication.

    Megaphones *are* "in", though. Maybe Tennessee hasn't caught up, but
    it's retro-cool.
    http://www.teamsportswear.com/cheerleadinguniforms/sub/cheerleadingmegaphones
    If those cheerleaders have thumbs as sturdy as their thighs, they'd
    need a keyboard the size of a backboard to text.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Feb 3, 2009
  7. Noons

    frank Guest

    On Feb 2, 7:06 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 16:06:09 -0800 (PST), Annika1980
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >On Feb 2, 2:02 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:

    > >> Whassa matter, Bret?  Couldn't think of an imaginative way meet the
    > >> mandate?

    > >I took one today that might qualify.  I'll send it shortly.

    > Ahhh, c'mon, Bret.  The rules are loose.  If it's a good photograph,
    > send it in.  Helen will swoon with ecstasy and tell you it should be
    > in National Geographic, D-Mac will tell you it should have been a
    > hand-held 67 shot stitched panorama shot from a ladder, Rita won't
    > understand it if it's in focus, Noons will say it's over-sharpened
    > crap, and Focus will tell you it's blurry.  (Noons and Focus would say
    > the same thing about a photograph taken with the lens cap on.)
    >
    > >> Couldn't you have photographed one of those cheerleaders with the
    > >> Clydesdale legs holding up a megaphone?

    > >Dude, 1950 says hi.
    > >Cheerleaders don't use megaphones any more to communicate the cheers.
    > >They text them to the audience.

    > So?  That's communication.
    >
    > Megaphones *are* "in", though.  Maybe Tennessee hasn't caught up, but
    > it's retro-cool.http://www.teamsportswear.com/cheerleadinguniforms/sub/cheerleadingme...
    > If those cheerleaders have thumbs as sturdy as their thighs, they'd
    > need a keyboard the size of a backboard to text.
    >
    > --
    > Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    They use them up here in NW Indiana also. No camera store in town
    though...bummer. Seems to be the wave of the future. Big box for
    photography supplies. Yeeeccchhhh.......

    frank, Feb 3, 2009
  8. Noons

    D-Mac Guest

    tony cooper wrote:

    > On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 16:06:09 -0800 (PST), Annika1980
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >On Feb 2, 2:02 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:
    > > >
    > >> Whassa matter, Bret?  Couldn't think of an imaginative way meet the
    > >> mandate?

    > > I took one today that might qualify. I'll send it shortly.
    > >

    > Ahhh, c'mon, Bret. The rules are loose. If it's a good photograph,
    > send it in. Helen will swoon with ecstasy and tell you it should be
    > in National Geographic, D-Mac will tell you it should have been a
    > hand-held 67 shot stitched panorama shot from a ladder, Rita won't
    > understand it if it's in focus, Noons will say it's over-sharpened
    > crap, and Focus will tell you it's blurry. (Noons and Focus would say
    > the same thing about a photograph taken with the lens cap on.)
    >
    > >> Couldn't you have photographed one of those cheerleaders with the
    > >> Clydesdale legs holding up a megaphone?

    > > Dude, 1950 says hi.
    > > Cheerleaders don't use megaphones any more to communicate the
    > > cheers. They text them to the audience.
    > >

    > So? That's communication.
    >
    > Megaphones are "in", though. Maybe Tennessee hasn't caught up, but
    > it's retro-cool.

    http://www.teamsportswear.com/cheerleadinguniforms/sub/cheerleadingmegaphones
    > If those cheerleaders have thumbs as sturdy as their thighs, they'd
    > need a keyboard the size of a backboard to text.

    H, ha, ha... Best come back I've read for a long time. ROTFL.

    --
    Meet D-Mac, the man they love to hate.
    http://www.D-mac.info

    D-Mac, Feb 3, 2009