Re: [SI] Call for mandates

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by John A., Jan 5, 2011.

  1. John A.

    John A. Guest

    On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 15:07:26 -0500, "Bowser" <> wrote:

    >"Savageduck" wrote in message
    >
    >On 2011-01-02 07:46:20 -0800, Bowser <> said:
    >
    >> OK, we've had a few suggestions in the past, like "abstract," but we
    >> need more suggestions. Here's a thought: raid DP Review. Take a look
    >> at some recent challenges over there, pick a few that we can use here,
    >> and suggest them. Ready, set, go....
    >>

    >> (...theme from Jeopardy plays in the background...)

    >OK!
    >My suggestions may have got lost in the "Let's broaden the scope of
    >the mandates so any shot will do" sub-thread.
    >
    >So here they are one more time;
    >"Street Character" for candid, street level character shots? (...and
    >that could be shots to reveal the character of a particular street, not
    >necessarily the denizens of the street, if that seems too intimidating.)
    >
    >"Bizarre Buildings/Architecture" for shots of questionable architecture
    >or structures?
    >
    >"Transports of Delight or Delusion" for any means of transport which
    >brings a smile to your face, or not. Perhaps transport with character,
    >good, or bad, as opposed to the ordinary.

    >Your mandates are not lost; they are on my list. I like the suggestions I've
    >received so far and will likely use all of them in one form or another. For
    >example, the "alphabet" mandate is good, but using a simple "a to z"
    >progression might be a little predeictable. So why not scramble the
    >alphabet? I'll try to mix and match to we have some easy and some hard in
    >the que every period.

    ¿Que?
    John A., Jan 5, 2011

  2. John A.

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 19:10:08 -0500, John A. <>
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 15:07:26 -0500, "Bowser" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Savageduck" wrote in message
    >>
    >>On 2011-01-02 07:46:20 -0800, Bowser <> said:
    >>
    >>> OK, we've had a few suggestions in the past, like "abstract," but we
    >>> need more suggestions. Here's a thought: raid DP Review. Take a look
    >>> at some recent challenges over there, pick a few that we can use here,
    >>> and suggest them. Ready, set, go....
    >>>

    >>> (...theme from Jeopardy plays in the background...)

    >>OK!
    >>My suggestions may have got lost in the "Let's broaden the scope of
    >>the mandates so any shot will do" sub-thread.
    >>
    >>So here they are one more time;
    >>"Street Character" for candid, street level character shots? (...and
    >>that could be shots to reveal the character of a particular street, not
    >>necessarily the denizens of the street, if that seems too intimidating.)
    >>
    >>"Bizarre Buildings/Architecture" for shots of questionable architecture
    >>or structures?
    >>
    >>"Transports of Delight or Delusion" for any means of transport which
    >>brings a smile to your face, or not. Perhaps transport with character,
    >>good, or bad, as opposed to the ordinary.
    >>
    >>=====================================================
    >>
    >>Your mandates are not lost; they are on my list. I like the suggestions I've
    >>received so far and will likely use all of them in one form or another. For
    >>example, the "alphabet" mandate is good, but using a simple "a to z"
    >>progression might be a little predeictable. So why not scramble the
    >>alphabet? I'll try to mix and match to we have some easy and some hard in
    >>the que every period.

    >¿Que?

    This is really strange. I used the word in a completely non-related
    newsgroup a couple of days ago, and misspelled the word as "que". The
    same "Que" response posted. Does Manuel from Barcelona follow
    newsgroups?

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Jan 5, 2011

  3. John A.

    otter Guest

    Re: Call for mandates

    On Jan 4, 6:23 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 19:10:08 -0500, John A. <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 15:07:26 -0500, "Bowser" <> wrote:

    > >>"Savageduck"  wrote in message

    > >>OK!
    > >>My suggestions may have got lost in the "Let's broaden the scope of
    > >>the mandates so any shot will do" sub-thread.

    > >>So here they are one more time;
    > >>"Street Character" for candid, street level character shots? (...and
    > >>that could be shots to reveal the character of a particular street, not
    > >>necessarily the denizens of the street, if that seems too intimidating.)

    > >>"Bizarre Buildings/Architecture" for shots of questionable architecture
    > >>or structures?

    > >>"Transports of Delight or Delusion" for any means of transport which
    > >>brings a smile to your face, or not. Perhaps transport with character,
    > >>good, or bad, as opposed to the ordinary.

    > >>=====================================================

    > >>Your mandates are not lost; they are on my list. I like the suggestions I've
    > >>received so far and will likely use all of them in one form or another. For
    > >>example, the "alphabet" mandate is good, but using a simple "a to z"
    > >>progression might be a little predeictable. So why not scramble the
    > >>alphabet? I'll try to mix and match to we have some easy and some hard in
    > >>the que every period.

    > > Que?

    > This is really strange.  I used the word in a completely non-related
    > newsgroup a couple of days ago, and misspelled the word as "que".  The
    > same "Que" response posted.  Does Manuel from Barcelona follow
    > newsgroups?

    You are surprised there are nerds in other newsgroups, too?
    otter, Jan 5, 2011
  4. John A.

    Whisky-dave Guest

    Re: Call for mandates