Re: [SI] Call for mandate

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by DanP, Aug 29, 2013.

  1. DanP

    DanP Guest

    On Wednesday, 28 August 2013 13:10:32 UTC+1, Bowser wrote:
    > Any suggestions for next month's mandate? Please suggest something
    >
    > involving old historic stuff. I'll be in Italy for a week or so.
    >

    > :)

    We have done "street", "horses"/"races" would be an easy one in Italy.

    Or "hot".

    DanP
    DanP, Aug 29, 2013

  2. On Thursday, 29 August 2013 07:31:14 UTC+1, DanP wrote:
    > On Wednesday, 28 August 2013 13:10:32 UTC+1, Bowser wrote:
    >
    > > Any suggestions for next month's mandate? Please suggest something
    > > involving old historic stuff. I'll be in Italy for a week or so.

    > We have done "street", "horses"/"races" would be an easy one in Italy.
    >
    > Or "hot".

    I quite like Bowser's earlier suggestion (in the '[SI] Come see the Tens'
    thread), of "Ceilings and Staircases".

    Italy definitely has a least one famous ceiling, and probably some interesting
    staircases as well. Also, I was out at the local University the other day, and took
    some photos of their 'New Brutalist' concrete staircases, so I may be a bit biased.
    pensive hamster, Aug 30, 2013

  3. DanP

    PeterN Guest

    On 8/30/2013 1:18 PM, pensive hamster wrote:
    > On Thursday, 29 August 2013 07:31:14 UTC+1, DanP wrote:
    >> On Wednesday, 28 August 2013 13:10:32 UTC+1, Bowser wrote:
    >>
    >>> Any suggestions for next month's mandate? Please suggest something
    >>> involving old historic stuff. I'll be in Italy for a week or so.

    >> We have done "street", "horses"/"races" would be an easy one in Italy.
    >>
    >> Or "hot".

    > I quite like Bowser's earlier suggestion (in the '[SI] Come see the Tens'
    > thread), of "Ceilings and Staircases".
    >
    > Italy definitely has a least one famous ceiling, and probably some interesting
    > staircases as well. Also, I was out at the local University the other day, and took
    > some photos of their 'New Brutalist' concrete staircases, so I may be a bit biased.

    It would be unusual to an image of the Sistine Chapel to be the makers
    original work. All too often we submit an image that is nothing more
    than a postcard, because the maker has not put his/her imagination into
    the image.
    Not necessarily to this extreme.
    <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/love%20liberty.jpg>

    --