    Like others, I have appreciated SI and what you put into it keeping it pretty fresh and what it was intended to be. I hope someone steps up and continues it. I always enjoy seeing what everyone has shot and the comments.

    Thanks Bowser.

    Vance
    Vance, Nov 29, 2011

  2. Vance

    Whisky-dave Guest

    Re: Bowser Retiring

    On Nov 29, 5:59 am, Vance <> wrote:
    > Like others, I have appreciated SI and what you put into it keeping it pretty fresh and what it was intended to be. I hope someone steps up and continues it.  I always enjoy seeing what everyone has shot and the comments.
    >
    > Thanks Bowser.
    >
    > Vance

    I agree even though I haven;t submitted I still look with interest.
    I;m not volenteering but maybe if a short list of what needs doing
    someone might be more likely to
    volenteer if they knnow exactly what's involved, just an idea.
    Whisky-dave, Nov 29, 2011

  3. Vance

    tony cooper Guest

    Re: Bowser Retiring

    On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 08:38:21 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave
    <> wrote:

    >On Nov 29, 5:59 am, Vance <> wrote:
    >> Like others, I have appreciated SI and what you put into it keeping it pretty fresh and what it was intended to be. I hope someone steps up and continues it.  I always enjoy seeing what everyone has shot and the comments.
    >>
    >> Thanks Bowser.
    >>
    >> Vance

    >I agree even though I haven;t submitted I still look with interest.
    >I;m not volenteering but maybe if a short list of what needs doing
    >someone might be more likely to
    >volenteer if they knnow exactly what's involved, just an idea.

    I suspect that SavageDuck would be a willing and very capable SI CEO
    if he can be pried away from his fascination with G+. The Duck has
    both photographic and techie talents, and the necessary imagination to
    set the mandates.

    I hereby nominate him.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Nov 29, 2011
  4. Vance

    tony cooper Guest

    Re: Bowser Retiring

    On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 10:48:19 -0800, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2011-11-29 09:17:18 -0800, tony cooper <> said:
    >
    >> On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 08:38:21 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> I agree even though I haven;t submitted I still look with interest.
    >>> I;m not volenteering but maybe if a short list of what needs doing
    >>> someone might be more likely to
    >>> volenteer if they knnow exactly what's involved, just an idea.

    >> I suspect that SavageDuck would be a willing and very capable SI CEO
    >> if he can be pried away from his fascination with G+. The Duck has
    >> both photographic and techie talents, and the necessary imagination to
    >> set the mandates.
    >>
    >> I hereby nominate him.

    >Alan Browne and I have already discussed this via Skype chat, and I
    >have other stuff on my plate right now. As I told him perhaps sometime
    >after February I might be available.
    >
    >I also offered up your name as a possible candidate.
    >
    >As for my fascination with G+, I find that it compliments my "Cyber
    >World" and I have access to some very creative and talented
    >photographers at different levels of expertise, sharing images and
    >providing inspirational and educational content on G+ which is not
    >available on the Photo-Groups, as most of those folks do not bother
    >with Usenet. I use both G+ & the Photo-Groups, as do some others.
    >
    >Variety, as they say, is the spice of life, and each of these forums
    >plays a role in my cyber-life. I spend time on some of the photo
    >newsgroups, alt.photography, rec.photo.digital,
    >rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
    >alt.binaries.pictures.aviation, a.b.p.o., and alt.graphics.photoshop.
    >
    >G+ has come as a new revelation to me, and I enjoy the different
    >interaction to that found on Usenet. They each have their own place and
    >character and I have not rejected one for the other. What I am saying
    >is, folks with an interest in photography should consider exploring
    >what G+ might have for them. If it is not any use to you then carry on
    >with business as usual.

    I do much the same thing, but in different venues. Currently, I spend
    time in the Digital Grin forums and submit entries to the DGrin
    Challenges. I like them because they run about a couple of weeks
    each, the Sharp Shooter Challenge rigidly enforces that photos must be
    taken within the challenge time frame, the Mini-Challenge allows
    photos taken at any time, the "winner" is the one who receive the most
    votes from the viewers, and the "winner" of one sets the mandate for
    the next one.

    The forums are interesting and range from tips on photography to tips
    on post-processing to image submission by type of subject matter. Not
    much in useful critiques, though. Bruce-like "they are all crap"
    comments are not allowed since all forums are moderated.

    I don't have a problem with G+, but tend to shy away from social media
    things with circles and chat and stuff like that.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Nov 29, 2011