Re: [SI] Behold the awfulness of Bad Travel!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bowser, Feb 1, 2011.

  1. Bowser

    Bowser Guest

    "Schneider" wrote in message

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 13:54:01 -0500, Bowser
    <> wrote:

    >Yes, Bad Travel Photos, an homage to JS, is posted and
    >ready for viewing:
    >
    >http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bad_travel
    >
    >I must say, this collection is truly in it's badnessosity.
    >Truly
    >repulsive. Excellent job by all!
    >
    >For more info on the Shoot-In, see the rulz here:
    >
    >http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

    I don't get it.

    Just how, again, are these ANY different than all the other
    crapshots that
    everyone submits to the SI every time? I see absolutely zero
    difference
    between these and any others that these clowns have
    submitted in the past..

    Oh well, whatever floats your boat and wastes your life, I
    guess...

    Well, thanks for looking and commenting! Tell you what:
    since you, obviously, have skills far beyond any of us, why
    don't you submit something and show all how it's REALLY
    done? No question we could all learn from you, and your
    utter mastery of photography, and we'd all be eternally
    grateful for the education you can provide.

    BTW, I've been published by National Geographic, have you?
    Bowser, Feb 1, 2011

  2. Bowser

    Tim Conway Guest

    "Paul Furman" <> wrote in message
    > Schneider wrote:
    >> Bowser wrote:
    >>
    >>> BTW, I've been published by National Geographic, have you?

    >> No. But I've been asked to do shoots for them. I've refused, every time.

    > Plus, they don't like boring moth shots.

    lol touche.
    Tim Conway, Feb 3, 2011

  3. Bowser

    Bowser Guest

    "Schneider" wrote in message

    On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 07:43:54 -0500, "Bowser" <>
    wrote:

    >BTW, I've been published by National Geographic, have you?

    No. But I've been asked to do shoots for them. I've refused,
    every time.

    So post a link to your stuff. Let's see what you've got.
    Bowser, Feb 3, 2011
  4. Bowser

    Peter N Guest

    On 2/2/2011 11:26 PM, Schneider wrote:
    > On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 07:43:54 -0500, "Bowser"<> wrote:
    >

    >> BTW, I've been published by National Geographic, have you?
    >>

    > No. But I've been asked to do shoots for them. I've refused, every time.

    Uh! Huh!

    --
    Peter
    Peter N, Feb 3, 2011
  5. Bowser

    Peter N Guest

    On 2/3/2011 2:03 AM, Paul Furman wrote:
    > Schneider wrote:
    >> Bowser wrote:
    >>
    >>> BTW, I've been published by National Geographic, have you?

    >> No. But I've been asked to do shoots for them. I've refused, every time.

    > Plus, they don't like boring moth shots.

    But what if the moth is rare and never before photographed.

    --
    Peter
    Peter N, Feb 3, 2011
  6. Bowser

    tony cooper Guest

    On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 09:46:43 -0500, Peter N
    <> wrote:

    >On 2/3/2011 2:03 AM, Paul Furman wrote:
    >> Schneider wrote:

    >>> No. But I've been asked to do shoots for them. I've refused, every time.

    >> Plus, they don't like boring moth shots.

    >But what if the moth is rare and never before photographed.

    Did National Geographic plan a series of fuzzy, out-of-focus, shots of
    rare moths?

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Feb 3, 2011
  7. Bowser

    Peter N Guest

    On 2/3/2011 11:07 AM, Schneider wrote:
    > On Thu, 3 Feb 2011 07:59:02 -0500, "Bowser"<> wrote:
    >

    >> "Schneider" wrote in message
    >>
    >> On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 07:43:54 -0500, "Bowser"<>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> BTW, I've been published by National Geographic, have you?
    >>>

    >> No. But I've been asked to do shoots for them. I've refused,
    >> every time.

    >> So post a link to your stuff. Let's see what you've got.

    > Read the previous comments. I don't cast pearls before swine.

    If that's your criteria, you should have no trouble posting the links.

    --
    Peter
    Peter N, Feb 3, 2011
  8. Bowser

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 22:26:28 -0600, Schneider <> wrote:
    : On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 07:43:54 -0500, "Bowser" <> wrote:
    :
    : >
    : >BTW, I've been published by National Geographic, have you?
    : >
    :
    : No. But I've been asked to do shoots for them. I've refused, every time.

    <Guffaw!!> Supy, you certainly have a droll sense of humor!

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Feb 4, 2011
  9. Bowser

    Bowser Guest

    wrote:

    >"Schneider" wrote in message
    >
    >On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 07:43:54 -0500, "Bowser" <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>BTW, I've been published by National Geographic, have you?
    >>

    >No. But I've been asked to do shoots for them. I've
    >refused,
    >every time.

    >So post a link to your stuff. Let's see what you've got.

    Read the previous comments. I don't cast pearls before
    swine.

    Yeah, we're all shocked that you have nothing to show. Which
    means you're nothing.
    Bowser, Feb 4, 2011
  10. Bowser

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 10:07:42 -0600, Schneider <> wrote:
    : On Thu, 3 Feb 2011 07:59:02 -0500, "Bowser" <> wrote:
    :
    : >
    : >
    : >"Schneider" wrote in message
    : >news:...
    : >
    : >On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 07:43:54 -0500, "Bowser" <>
    : >wrote:
    : >
    : >>
    : >>BTW, I've been published by National Geographic, have you?
    : >>
    : >
    : >No. But I've been asked to do shoots for them. I've refused,
    : >every time.
    : >
    : >
    : >So post a link to your stuff. Let's see what you've got.
    :
    : Read the previous comments. I don't cast pearls before swine.

    Those things in that jar are mothballs, not pearls.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Feb 5, 2011