Re: [SI] Another Bad Addition

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mike Benveniste, Feb 1, 2011.

  1. On 2/1/2011 2:48 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:

    > Hey! The shot's been post-processed.

    In two ways, no less. :)

    First, it was processed into the gallery after the deadline.

    Second, it was scanned from a negative, resized, and sharpened.

    However, that's all that was done. No trickery or double exposures
    this time around. The "ghost" and the "ufo" are not from a second
    exposure nor were they digitally enhanced. They are nothing more than
    the accidental result of bad travel snapshooting.

    --
    Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
    You don't have to sort of enhance reality. There is nothing
    stranger than truth. -- Annie Leibovitz
    Mike Benveniste, Feb 1, 2011

  2. Mike Benveniste

    John A. Guest

    On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 17:13:28 +1300, Eric Stevens
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 01 Feb 2011 14:57:19 -0500, Mike Benveniste
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On 2/1/2011 2:48 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hey! The shot's been post-processed.

    >>In two ways, no less. :)
    >>
    >>First, it was processed into the gallery after the deadline.
    >>
    >>Second, it was scanned from a negative, resized, and sharpened.
    >>
    >>However, that's all that was done. No trickery or double exposures
    >>this time around. The "ghost" and the "ufo" are not from a second
    >>exposure nor were they digitally enhanced. They are nothing more than
    >>the accidental result of bad travel snapshooting.

    >My apologies. I thought they were evidence of mold on an aging
    >negative. What actually is the explanation?

    At first I thought it was a stray seed blown onto the lens, but upon
    further review my guess is a sticker on the windshield.
    John A., Feb 2, 2011

  3. On 2/2/2011 12:43 AM, John A. wrote:

    > At first I thought it was a stray seed blown onto the lens, but upon
    > further review my guess is a sticker on the windshield.

    Yep. A Hertz sticker, to be exact. And that means the "ghost" near
    the door is flare off the windshield.

    To this day, I still have no idea why I even tried to take this shot.
    From the position of the shadows, I don't think I can blame it on
    Guinness, Magners, or Tullamore Dew.

    Mike Benveniste, Feb 2, 2011