Re: [SI] - A is up

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PeterN, Apr 26, 2012.

  1. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 4/22/2012 6:00 PM, Alan Browne wrote:

    > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_a
    >
    > --
    > The Committee

    My comments. I will follow my usual practice of not commenting on all
    images. My failure to say anything means little.

    Artichoke. interesting composition. I like the vignette to highlight the
    subject.

    Avila Pier. To me a picture of a sign.

    Apple tree. I wold have shown it really tight to emphasize the pun.

    Abstract Subject doesn't matter. On my first look I thought it could be
    racers. A tad too much highlight for my taste, but nicely done.

    Antique doll: I would prefer it less centered. Is it really necessary
    to include the streamers.

    Bowser 1. Better suited to the letter l

    Bowser 2 Would make a great jigsaw puzzle.

    MG Double A nice seeing.

    MGAll the A's I like the creative use of the shadow from the glass to
    add interest to an ordinary image.

    Browne I need an aspirin

    Browne I would like to see the ax in action. A tad static.

    Browne Seeing augers well. Nice interplay of shadows.

    Oops Getting called for dinner.
    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Apr 26, 2012

  2. PeterN

    Noons Guest

    PeterN wrote,on my timestamp of 27/04/2012 8:11 AM:

    > Browne Seeing augers well. Nice interplay of shadows.

    He should have used a iPhone, the DOF is a joke. Clearly the dear old thing
    hasn't got a clue how to control DOF... Then again, no wonder: after seeing
    what he believes controls DOF maybe he should have taken the image with a
    bellows 10X12 film camera and then reduce it to his usual web size?

    Noons, Apr 28, 2012

  3. PeterN

    Annika1980 Guest

    Re: - A is up

    On Apr 28, 2:51 am, Noons <> wrote:
    > PeterN wrote,on my timestamp of 27/04/2012 8:11 AM:
    >

    > > Browne Seeing augers well. Nice interplay of shadows.

    > He should have used a iPhone, the DOF is a joke.  Clearly the dear old thing
    > hasn't got a clue how to control DOF...  Then again, no wonder: after seeing
    > what he believes controls DOF maybe he should have taken the image with a
    > bellows 10X12 film camera and then reduce it to his usual web size?

    Stick to your cellphone cam and your point and shoots with their
    infinite DOF. The rest of us will continue to take real photos with a
    defined point of interest.

    Annika1980, Apr 28, 2012
  4. PeterN

    Noons Guest

    Re: - A is up

    Annika1980 wrote,on my timestamp of 29/04/2012 12:13 AM:

    > Stick to your cellphone cam and your point and shoots with their
    > infinite DOF. The rest of us will continue to take real photos with a
    > defined point of interest.

    Which was what?
    Ah yes, the tip of the drill bit?
    Riveting...

    Noons, Apr 29, 2012
  5. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    Re: - A is up

    On 4/28/2012 8:54 PM, Noons wrote:
    > Annika1980 wrote,on my timestamp of 29/04/2012 12:13 AM:
    >

    >> Stick to your cellphone cam and your point and shoots with their
    >> infinite DOF. The rest of us will continue to take real photos with a
    >> defined point of interest.

    > Which was what?
    > Ah yes, the tip of the drill bit?
    > Riveting...

    Looking forward to seeing your contribution. I made none this time
    because I have been unable to shoot for the last six weeks. I still
    don't know when I will, but hope it will be soon.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Apr 29, 2012
  6. PeterN

    Noons Guest

    Re: - A is up

    PeterN wrote,on my timestamp of 29/04/2012 11:34 AM:

    >>> Stick to your cellphone cam and your point and shoots with their
    >>> infinite DOF. The rest of us will continue to take real photos with a
    >>> defined point of interest.

    >> Which was what?
    >> Ah yes, the tip of the drill bit?
    >> Riveting...

    > Looking forward to seeing your contribution. I made none this time because I
    > have been unable to shoot for the last six weeks. I still don't know when I
    > will, but hope it will be soon.

    Man, that sucks. Hope you're back in shooting form soon.
    Won't be seeing any from me ever, in that troll site.

    Noons, Apr 29, 2012
  7. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    Re: - A is up

    On 4/29/2012 9:47 AM, Noons wrote:

    >>> Which was what?
    >>> Ah yes, the tip of the drill bit?
    >>> Riveting...

    >> Looking forward to seeing your contribution. I made none this time
    >> because I
    >> have been unable to shoot for the last six weeks. I still don't know
    >> when I
    >> will, but hope it will be soon.

    > Man, that sucks. Hope you're back in shooting form soon.
    > Won't be seeing any from me ever, in that troll site.

    Thanks,
    IMHO it can be a lot better if we get more contributors.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Apr 29, 2012