Re: shutter delay

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Howard Wettstein, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. People are saying that the DSLR do not exhibit this time delay. Are they
    manual focus or how do they ahive the lack of dealy? Also, why does the
    sreen black out for a second after a flash shot? Thanks.
    Howie
    "Howard Wettstein" <> wrote in message
    news:Xu%Oa.92386$...
    > I'm learning to use, and loving, my Nikon 5700. But the shutter delay is
    > very disconcerting for an old 35mm person. It's especially weird when

    using

    Howard Wettstein, Jul 10, 2003

  2. Howard Wettstein wrote:
    > People are saying that the DSLR do not exhibit this time delay. Are they
    > manual focus or how do they ahive the lack of dealy? Also, why does the
    > sreen black out for a second after a flash shot? Thanks.
    > Howie

    They have the same delay as any autofocus SLR camera. Yes, prefocus is
    still a good idea as it would be even on a manual focus camera to catch
    action.

    But with the right lens (Nikon AFS series for instance) focus times are
    VERY fast and if you have the prefocus done the shutter delay is the
    same as a film SLR.

    All I can say is that I get pictures (like the jump shots I posted)
    consistently and reliably.

    I could not get those with my CP5000. I love my D100.
    Andrew McDonald, Jul 10, 2003