Re: Showing MyPictures as thumbnails. tif and dat

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Gordon, Feb 18, 2010.

  1. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-02-18, Geopelia <> wrote:
    > I used to be able to get My Pictures as little pictures.Thumbnails?
    >
    > Now I can get some (View - thumbnails) but a lot are 'tif' or 'dat' and
    > won't open.
    >
    > What do I click to get them as thumbnails or open them please?
    >
    > XP, Outlook Express, HP 1315 all in one scanner and printer.
    > Could they still be stuck in the scanner? I think I sent them to the
    > computer, a notice said so.

    Are the picture files you can not open the ones from the scanner?

    Try a "dummy" scan and before you press scan, see if there is an option as
    to how you wish the files to be saved. In which format that is. As in jpg,
    tiff, etc

    Gordon, Feb 18, 2010

  2. Gordon

    Geopelia Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > On 2010-02-18, Geopelia <> wrote:
    >> I used to be able to get My Pictures as little pictures.Thumbnails?
    >>
    >> Now I can get some (View - thumbnails) but a lot are 'tif' or 'dat' and
    >> won't open.
    >>
    >> What do I click to get them as thumbnails or open them please?
    >>
    >> XP, Outlook Express, HP 1315 all in one scanner and printer.
    >> Could they still be stuck in the scanner? I think I sent them to the
    >> computer, a notice said so.
    >>

    > Are the picture files you can not open the ones from the scanner?

    Not all of them. Some are ones sent to me. With Ulead, there was no problem
    seeing them as thumbnails.
    Is it an HP problem?

    > Try a "dummy" scan and before you press scan, see if there is an option as
    > to how you wish the files to be saved. In which format that is. As in jpg,
    > tiff, etc

    I'll try that, thank you.

    Geopelia, Feb 18, 2010

  3. Gordon

    Geopelia Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > On 2010-02-18, Geopelia <> wrote:
    >> I used to be able to get My Pictures as little pictures.Thumbnails?
    >>
    >> Now I can get some (View - thumbnails) but a lot are 'tif' or 'dat' and
    >> won't open.
    >>
    >> What do I click to get them as thumbnails or open them please?
    >>
    >> XP, Outlook Express, HP 1315 all in one scanner and printer.
    >> Could they still be stuck in the scanner? I think I sent them to the
    >> computer, a notice said so.
    >>

    > Are the picture files you can not open the ones from the scanner?
    >
    > Try a "dummy" scan and before you press scan, see if there is an option as
    > to how you wish the files to be saved. In which format that is. As in jpg,
    > tiff, etc

    There is only a list of places to send the scans, HP Image zone, email etc.

    The pictures I have scanned are in HP Image Zone. They are supposed to be in
    the computer. They may be the ones shown as tif or dat.
    But pictures sent to me, which weren't put in from HP, are missing. They may
    be in the long list of files.
    I think I'll have to open each one and see what they are, then rename them.
    Would that work? it's going to be a long job!

    Geopelia, Feb 18, 2010