  1. Guest

    No need to learn pascal first. I also go straight into Delphi.

    , Feb 14, 2005

  2. Roger Guest

    On 13 Feb 2005 20:35:43 -0800, wrote:

    >No need to learn pascal first. I also go straight into Delphi.

    This is a tad OT for the photo groups but:

    Delphi is basically the same language with the procedures (Objects)
    built. So, in a way it's easier to do a lot of things right off the
    bat. OTOH if you already *know* Pascal including pointers, linked
    lists, and dynamic memory allocation it makes it a lot easier.

    If you don't know Pascal then starting with Delphi is probably easier
    but it may take a bit longer to understand the underlying basics. Then
    again you many not need to.

    So, I guess it all depends on what you want to do with Delphi and what
    you want to learn.

    In the long run Delphi lets you write programs in minutes or hours
    that would take days or weeks in straight Pascal if you had the
    knowledge and libraries.

    (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
    www.rogerhalstead.com

    Roger, Feb 14, 2005

  3. Alan Browne Guest

    Roger wrote:

    > This is a tad OT for the photo groups but:

    It is grossly OT troll bait and you should slap yourself for replying.

    _____________________
    /| /| | |
    ||__|| | Please do not |
    / O O\__ | feed the |
    / \ | Trolls |
    / \ \|_____________________|
    / _ \ \ ||
    / |\____\ \ ||
    / | | | |\____/ ||
    / \|_|_|/ | _||
    / / \ |____| ||
    / | | | --|

    Alan Browne, Feb 14, 2005
  4. measekite Guest

    Take a method asshole and stick it up your property.

    measekite, Feb 28, 2005