Re: Shoppers Drug Mart stocks ONLY "full" screen copies of The Two Towers

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doonie, Aug 31, 2003.

  1. Doonie

    Doonie Guest

    On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 08:29:24 -0400, Peter wrote:

    >I don't believe this guy when he says that Shoppers Drug Mart has a
    >pretty good price on DVD's ..

    Best Buy: $26.99
    Future Shop: $24.99
    Wal-Mart: $24.83
    DVD Wave: $24.36
    Shoppers Drug Mart: $24.99
    Zellers: $27.87
    Digital Plus: $33.99
    Bay Street Video: $27.95
    HMV Superstore: $28.99
    Music World: $27.99
    Fortinos: $24.99
    Amazon.ca: $31.49
    Costco: ??

    Piss off! You don't think I know how to read a flyer?
    Doonie, Aug 31, 2003

  2. Doonie

    Peter Guest

    Doonie wrote:
    > On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 08:29:24 -0400, Peter wrote:
    >

    >>I don't believe this guy when he says that Shoppers Drug Mart has a
    >>pretty good price on DVD's ..

    > Best Buy: $26.99

    Actually the Best Buy near me brought it down to $24.99 to compete with
    Wal-Mart's low price

    > Future Shop: $24.99
    > Wal-Mart: $24.83

    Surprised it was advertised like this at wal-mart. When I bought mine
    from wal-mart, they had their regular "low price" stickers on at $26.83"
    (or something like that.) And then when I got to cash, they had a new
    price stuck on the a stand in of the poster which said $24.83

    > DVD Wave: $24.36

    Ah, I see you live in Toronto. DVD wave has really great prices, and a
    great selection. However I find that their product's packaging isn't
    always in tip top shape. I bought the Transformers, Season 1 DVD set
    there, and when i got home, noticed a scratch on the front of it. I also
    got a Robotech Box set, and noticed that the corners were worn.

    My girlfriend got patch adams, and found a scratch on the packaging
    aswell. So just look before you buy. But very nice people, and very good
    price and selection.

    > Shoppers Drug Mart: $24.99
    > Zellers: $27.87

    I got the first Lord of the Rings from Zellers for a good price last
    year plust got 5000 bonus points on my HBC card. I e-mailed them this
    year and asked if such a promotion was on again. They said no.
    Unfortunately. I would have considered buying from them if there was
    5000 more points. Oh well.

    > Digital Plus: $33.99
    > Bay Street Video: $27.95
    > HMV Superstore: $28.99
    > Music World: $27.99
    > Fortinos: $24.99

    Four Ginos ? They're still around ?

    --
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the
    computer you will find at least two human errors,
    Peter, Sep 1, 2003

  3. Doonie

    Guest

    On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 19:55:48 GMT, Doonie
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 08:29:24 -0400, Peter wrote:
    >
    >>I don't believe this guy when he says that Shoppers Drug Mart has a
    >>pretty good price on DVD's ..

    >Best Buy: $26.99
    >Future Shop: $24.99
    >Wal-Mart: $24.83
    >DVD Wave: $24.36
    >Shoppers Drug Mart: $24.99
    >Zellers: $27.87
    >Digital Plus: $33.99
    >Bay Street Video: $27.95
    >HMV Superstore: $28.99
    >Music World: $27.99
    >Fortinos: $24.99
    >Amazon.ca: $31.49
    >Costco: ??
    >
    > Piss off! You don't think I know how to read a flyer?

    What kind of loser would go through all this to save a couple dollars?
    Pathetic.
    -Rich
    , Sep 1, 2003
  4. On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 06:58:30 GMT, wrote:

    >On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 19:55:48 GMT, Doonie
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 08:29:24 -0400, Peter wrote:
    >>
    >>>I don't believe this guy when he says that Shoppers Drug Mart has a
    >>>pretty good price on DVD's ..

    >>Best Buy: $26.99
    >>Future Shop: $24.99
    >>Wal-Mart: $24.83
    >>DVD Wave: $24.36
    >>Shoppers Drug Mart: $24.99
    >>Zellers: $27.87
    >>Digital Plus: $33.99
    >>Bay Street Video: $27.95
    >>HMV Superstore: $28.99
    >>Music World: $27.99
    >>Fortinos: $24.99
    >>Amazon.ca: $31.49
    >>Costco: ??
    >>
    >> Piss off! You don't think I know how to read a flyer?

    >What kind of loser would go through all this to save a couple dollars?
    >Pathetic.
    >-Rich

    No! YOU'RE the one who's pathetic! It's not your business how people want to spend their money! When are
    you going to bag the ego and realize not everyone sees the world through your squinty eyes?
    You really are the ultimate moron.

    Dr. Speedbyrd :>
    Dr. Speedbyrd, Sep 1, 2003
  5. Doonie

    No Spam Man Guest

    >On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 06:58:30 GMT, wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 19:55:48 GMT, Doonie
    >><> wrote:

    >>>Best Buy: $26.99
    >>>Future Shop: $24.99
    >>>Wal-Mart: $24.83
    >>>DVD Wave: $24.36
    >>>Shoppers Drug Mart: $24.99
    >>>Zellers: $27.87
    >>>Digital Plus: $33.99
    >>>Bay Street Video: $27.95
    >>>HMV Superstore: $28.99
    >>>Music World: $27.99
    >>>Fortinos: $24.99
    >>>Amazon.ca: $31.49
    >>>Costco: ??

    Usually FutureShop has the lowest price. I have gone to them to buy
    DVDs based on what they have advertised in their flyer only to find
    out the price has been lowered because of other stores. I went to get
    Simpsons Season 3 for $43.99 from their flyer. I ended up paying only
    $36.99 as they had lowered their price. And if their price is not the
    lowest just bring in an ad with a lower price and they will price
    match it. Also they will refund you the difference if they lower the
    price after you have bought it.
    No Spam Man, Sep 1, 2003
  6. Doonie

    Doonie Guest

    On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 14:56:36 GMT, No Spam Man <> wrote:

    >Usually FutureShop has the lowest price.

    I find the lowest price on new releases mostly at Future Shop and
    Wal-Mart. I usually don't want to wait for Costco to get something in
    (thought their price is always good). DVD Wave gets 95% of my
    business except for most of the new releases where there's no way they
    can compete with retailers who buy hundreds or thousands of copies.
    Even then, if it's only a dollar or two, I still buy from DVD Wave
    because I'd rather give my extra dollar to those nice people than
    spend any at some large, foreign chain.
    Doonie, Sep 2, 2003
  7. Doonie

    Doonie Guest

    On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 06:58:30 GMT, wrote:

    >On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 19:55:48 GMT, Doonie wrote
    >
    >>On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 08:29:24 -0400, Peter wrote:
    >>
    >>>I don't believe this guy when he says that Shoppers Drug Mart has a
    >>>pretty good price on DVD's ..

    >>Best Buy: $26.99
    >>Future Shop: $24.99
    >>Wal-Mart: $24.83
    >>DVD Wave: $24.36
    >>Shoppers Drug Mart: $24.99

    ..

    >What kind of loser would go through all this to save a couple dollars?
    >Pathetic.
    >-Rich

    What kind of pathetic idiot wouldn't be able to figure out why I
    compiled that list?

    GET OFF YOUR DAD'S COMPUTER!
    Doonie, Sep 2, 2003
  8. Doonie

    Doonie Guest

    On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 22:51:27 -0400, Peter wrote:

    >Doonie wrote:
    >> On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 08:29:24 -0400, Peter wrote:

    >> DVD Wave: $24.36

    >Ah, I see you live in Toronto. DVD wave has really great prices, and a
    >great selection. However I find that their product's packaging isn't
    >always in tip top shape. I bought the Transformers, Season 1 DVD set
    >there, and when i got home, noticed a scratch on the front of it. I also
    >got a Robotech Box set, and noticed that the corners were worn.
    >
    >My girlfriend got patch adams, and found a scratch on the packaging
    >aswell. So just look before you buy. But very nice people, and very good
    >price and selection.

    They had been moving stock weekly between their store location and
    their Pickering Flea Market location. That's probably why some things
    got knocked around a bit. I know - No excuse, but that's probably
    why.
    I had bought a boxed set from them one time and noticed that there
    was a small cut across the spine of the movies (probably from a box
    cutter). Exchanged it no problem - The lady owner put it in a box to
    give back to their distributer.
    Doonie, Sep 2, 2003
  9. You'e not in a position to give orders. You've overstayed your welcome. Now GIT!

    On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 23:11:32 GMT, Doonie <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 06:58:30 GMT, wrote:

    >>>Best Buy: $26.99
    >>>Future Shop: $24.99
    >>>Wal-Mart: $24.83
    >>>DVD Wave: $24.36
    >>>Shoppers Drug Mart: $24.99

    > ..
    >
    >>What kind of loser would go through all this to save a couple dollars?
    >>Pathetic.
    >>-Rich

    > What kind of pathetic idiot wouldn't be able to figure out why I
    >compiled that list?
    >
    > GET OFF YOUR DAD'S COMPUTER!

    Dr. Speedbyrd :>
    Dr. Speedbyrd, Sep 2, 2003
  10. Doonie

    Peter Guest

    Doonie wrote:
    > On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 22:51:27 -0400, Peter wrote:
    >

    >>Doonie wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 08:29:24 -0400, Peter wrote:

    >>>DVD Wave: $24.36

    >>Ah, I see you live in Toronto. DVD wave has really great prices, and a
    >>great selection. However I find that their product's packaging isn't
    >>always in tip top shape. I bought the Transformers, Season 1 DVD set
    >>there, and when i got home, noticed a scratch on the front of it. I also
    >>got a Robotech Box set, and noticed that the corners were worn.
    >>
    >>My girlfriend got patch adams, and found a scratch on the packaging
    >>aswell. So just look before you buy. But very nice people, and very good
    >>price and selection.

    > They had been moving stock weekly between their store location and
    > their Pickering Flea Market location. That's probably why some things
    > got knocked around a bit. I know - No excuse, but that's probably
    > why.
    > I had bought a boxed set from them one time and noticed that there
    > was a small cut across the spine of the movies (probably from a box
    > cutter). Exchanged it no problem - The lady owner put it in a box to
    > give back to their distributer.

    Yea.. Aside from the small marks on some of the packaging, I'd say
    they're one of the best DVD places around Toronto. Unfortunately they're
    difficult for me to get to, without a car.

    They had the first Transformers DVD set at $70 something dollars, while
    HMV on Yonge was selling it for $110+... Ridiculous. And the guy gave me
    an exchange on a DVD I didn't even buy there. What a nice guy. I simply
    said "I got this duplicate, but have no receipt, is there any way I can
    exchange it for a box set ?"

    I guess he saw that he'd make a profit. I exchanged the single Robotech
    DVD (I got for Xmas) and bought a box set, plus the Transformers DVD box
    set. So he made a good $80+ on me that day.

    Meanwhile, I went to exchange it (earlier) to HMV. Where it was
    originally bought, I didn't have the receipt, and the DVD was still
    sealed. The guy wouldn't even talk to me. I said "I just want to
    exchange this for the Robotech Box set, since I have this."
    All I got was "Sorry, no exchanges on DVD's without a receipt"
    I said "But it's not even open!!!"
    "Nope, no exchanges."

    Like, it's not like I was making money off them. HMV has some pretty
    high prices. Dip shits... Oh well, they lost my money. I never buy from
    HMV any more (not like I did that much before anyways, why that chain
    hasn't gone under yet, is beyond me)

    Peter, Sep 2, 2003