Re: Shock on Internet banking on ANZ

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by ~misfit~, Jun 24, 2008.

  1. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "Nighthawk" typed:
    > ANZ have just rehashed their site. I went to do my Internet banking
    > with Opera, as I always do, but kept getting a session expired page.
    > I had updated Opera to the latest, 9.5. So I tried Firefox 2.0.0.14
    > (in 98SE) and got the same. Checking ANZ's recommended software I was
    > shocked that they recommend ancient IE 5.5, Firefox 1, Netscape 7 and
    > Safari (?). Does ANZ take security seriously? One wouldn't think so.
    >
    > In the end I had to do the banking with IE6 (shudder). Had to give it
    > temporary firewall permission.
    >
    > Needless to say I gave them a lecture about secure browsers.

    Thank God I don't bank with ANZ!
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jun 24, 2008

  2. ~misfit~

    anonk Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh intarweb "Nighthawk" typed:
    >> ANZ have just rehashed their site. I went to do my Internet banking
    >> with Opera, as I always do, but kept getting a session expired page.
    >> I had updated Opera to the latest, 9.5. So I tried Firefox 2.0.0.14
    >> (in 98SE) and got the same. Checking ANZ's recommended software I was
    >> shocked that they recommend ancient IE 5.5, Firefox 1, Netscape 7 and
    >> Safari (?). Does ANZ take security seriously? One wouldn't think so.
    >>
    >> In the end I had to do the banking with IE6 (shudder). Had to give it
    >> temporary firewall permission.
    >>
    >> Needless to say I gave them a lecture about secure browsers.

    > Thank God I don't bank with ANZ!

    Sounds like something that a newspaper journalist might like to hear
    about. Or your own chain-letter campaign.

    anonk, Jun 24, 2008