Re: Sharing a Locally, Cable Connected Printer With A Wireless Computer...

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Patrick Michael, Jan 31, 2005.

  1. "smackedass" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Am considering sharing a locally, cable-connected printer with a
    > wirelessly
    > connected computer over the wireless LAN.
    >
    > The computer that has the connected printer to be shared is also connected
    > wirelessly to the LAN, but is connected to the printer by USB.
    >
    > Does this usually work well? Is it reliable? In theory, it should work
    > as
    > well as anything else, but...
    >
    > Has anyone done this? Any thoughts?
    >
    > I know how to do this, but am wondering if it's going to be worth my
    > aggravations and efforts.
    >
    > Thanks, in advance.

    It's not really much of a headache to set it up, at least if you have
    Windows XP/2000. I've never tried it with earlier operating systems, but
    all you have to do is have file and printer sharing on, and have the one
    printer shared.

    Patrick Michael, Jan 31, 2005