Re: Shame on Mozilla

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by spamblocked@gmail.com, Aug 21, 2008.

  1. Guest

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 08:07:19 -0500, Justin <>
    wrote:

    > wrote on [Thu, 21 Aug 2008 01:03:50 -0500]:
    >> If MS actually made some progress, I might feel differently. But what
    >> have they really done as far as real progress? I dont see any. They
    >> made xp so it would make users look like idiots, by asking the user
    >> lots of stupid "do you reallly want to" questions.

    >No, it doesn't. Never has.

    I've watched others use XP more than I ever used it myself. The
    person was asked 2 or 3 times "do you really want to delete that
    file?". And similar questions for any other commands that could be
    semi destructive. Maybe it was their settings too????

    >> that is harder to learn and extremely harder to repair. They continue
    >> to slow down newer hardware everytime a faster computer is created.
    >> They continue to change the layout and the wording of commonly used
    >> features, so the user never totally knows the OS. For example, when I
    >> click the START button, I get an option called FIND. I use that
    >> often. Why did xp change that to SEARCH (I think thats what it is
    >> now).

    >Are you seriously complaining that the change of a single word is
    >breaking your world?

    No, but that is just one example of many other unneeded changes.

    >> Why do I need that stupid cartoon dog to jump around on the
    >> screen sucking down my resources? Yeah, it might be cute to some
    >> people, but I want my memory and CPU power being used for the task I
    >> am doing, not for some animated cartoon that gets real boring after a
    >> week of use. All that MS has really done for "progress" is make an OS

    >Turn it off then. It's easy. I had to try hard to remember where the dog
    >was.

    I didn't know it could be turned off. Guess I do now.

    >> running a game machine, nor will I ever. I go online, I store and
    >> edit my camera photos, and I use a few home based office programs. I
    >> dont want or need all the bloat. I dont want animated cartoons on my
    >> desktop, I dont want an OS that's going to annoy me with stupid
    >> questions. Win95 was needed, because Win3.x was pretty lacking and

    >What stupid questions do you mistakenly believe XP is asking?

    See above

    >> I'd really like to know what improvements (progress) has been made
    >> since Win98se? Aside from easier USB support, I can't think of any.

    >> Name a few things that are REALLY progress. I'd like to know.....

    >Multi core support, support for greater memory, remote assistance,
    >inbuilt CD burning, Cleartype, driver restore capabilities, much greater
    >security (with SP2 and beyond), Firefox 3 ;), IE7.

    OK, Thanks.
    Just curious about the inbuilt CD burning. Does that mean that with
    XP you have the software built into the OS for burning CDs?
    I see that as "ADDED SOFTWARE", not really an improvement in the OS,
    but I'll wait and see what they really did before I make a judgement.

    Yes, I do know it can handle more memory. You got a point there.

    What is CLEARTYPE?

    , Aug 21, 2008

  2. elaich Guest

    wrote in news:ng7ra41q1do32p6ik7nd14mljbit299bas@
    4ax.com:

    > Does that mean that with
    > XP you have the software built into the OS for burning CDs?

    You won't ever use it. It stinks.

    I use DeepBurner, as always.

    elaich, Aug 22, 2008