Re: Shame on Mozilla

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by spamblocked@gmail.com, Aug 21, 2008.

  1. Guest

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 23:54:13 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> If MS actually made some progress, I might feel differently. But what
    >> have they really done as far as real progress? I dont see any. They
    >> made xp so it would make users look like idiots, by asking the user
    >> lots of stupid "do you reallly want to" questions.

    >It does!!?? Mine doesn't. Never has.
    >
    >> Why do I need that stupid cartoon dog to jump around on the
    >> screen sucking down my resources? Yeah, it might be cute to some
    >> people, but I want my memory and CPU power being used for the task I
    >> am doing, not for some animated cartoon that gets real boring after a
    >> week of use.

    >for me, I got rid of that stupid cartoon dog and went
    >to a normal search. I downloaded their newer search
    >and hated it. Luckily I was able to go back.
    >
    >> All that MS has really done for "progress" is make an OS
    >> and their associated programs like MS Word much harder to learn and
    >> use because there are just too many features.

    >I use OpenOffice instead
    >
    >> I'd really like to know what improvements (progress) has been made
    >> since Win98se? Aside from easier USB support, I can't think of any.

    >when I had win98, it had usb support.

    The key word is EASIER. I have USB support in Win98. I use all sorts
    of USB devices. I just have to install drivers for them. I know
    Win2000 and above do not need the drivers. I guess WinME didn't need
    drivers either.

    , Aug 21, 2008

  2. wrote:
    > On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 23:54:13 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> If MS actually made some progress, I might feel differently. But what
    >>> have they really done as far as real progress? I dont see any. They
    >>> made xp so it would make users look like idiots, by asking the user
    >>> lots of stupid "do you reallly want to" questions.

    >> It does!!?? Mine doesn't. Never has.
    >>
    >>> Why do I need that stupid cartoon dog to jump around on the
    >>> screen sucking down my resources? Yeah, it might be cute to some
    >>> people, but I want my memory and CPU power being used for the task I
    >>> am doing, not for some animated cartoon that gets real boring after a
    >>> week of use.

    >> for me, I got rid of that stupid cartoon dog and went
    >> to a normal search. I downloaded their newer search
    >> and hated it. Luckily I was able to go back.
    >>
    >>> All that MS has really done for "progress" is make an OS
    >>> and their associated programs like MS Word much harder to learn and
    >>> use because there are just too many features.

    >> I use OpenOffice instead
    >>
    >>> I'd really like to know what improvements (progress) has been made
    >>> since Win98se? Aside from easier USB support, I can't think of any.

    >> when I had win98, it had usb support.

    > The key word is EASIER. I have USB support in Win98. I use all sorts
    > of USB devices. I just have to install drivers for them. I know
    > Win2000 and above do not need the drivers. I guess WinME didn't need
    > drivers either.

    winME is also known as win98TE [Third Edition]

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Aug 21, 2008