Re: Service numbers

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Koos van den Hout, Jul 15, 2011.

  1. Jaap Korthals Altes <> wrote in <4e1d5c97$0$20606$2.nl>:

    > I am looking for unrestricted cheap internet telephony.

    > Fastvoip and Dellmont Sarl (VoipCheap/PoivY/VoipWise/FreeCall etc) have
    > very low prices, but you can only reach a restricted range of telephone
    > numbers.

    > The 14 ct/Min number +491805996633 for example doesn't work. FreeCall
    > gives the error message: "Call ended: the number you dialed is invalid."
    > Fastvoip the error message "Call failed (Unknown destination)". Also the
    > free number +498001507090 doesn't work.

    > Is there also cheap internet telephony with which you can reach service
    > numbers for reasonable prices?

    "Cheap" and "Making an effort to make *ALL* phone numbers reachable and
    setting correct rates, not just the ones people will be doing price
    comparisons on" do not seem to mix. I had the same problems (from .nl)
    with budgetphone reaching a .de servicenumber which worked fine with KPN.

    Some Dutch cheap providers even had small print in their listings that
    since 'nobody ever calls' 084- and 087- numbers ('personal' numbers in .nl,
    with the option of differing termination rates) they weren't reachable on
    their network.

    This is where you start using smart call routing, usually.

    Koos

    --
    The Virtual Bookcase, the site about books, book | Koos van den Hout
    news and reviews http://www.virtualbookcase.com/ | http://idefix.net/
    Koos van den Hout, Jul 15, 2011