Re: Service numbers

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Anthony R. Gold, Jul 13, 2011.

  1. On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 10:51:30 +0200, Jaap Korthals Altes
    <> wrote:

    > I am looking for unrestricted cheap internet telephony.
    >
    > Fastvoip and Dellmont Sarl (VoipCheap/PoivY/VoipWise/FreeCall etc) have
    > very low prices, but you can only reach a restricted range of telephone
    > numbers.
    >
    > The 14 ct/Min number +491805996633 for example doesn't work. FreeCall
    > gives the error message: "Call ended: the number you dialed is invalid."
    > Fastvoip the error message "Call failed (Unknown destination)". Also the
    > free number +498001507090 doesn't work.
    >
    > Both numbers work with Jajah.com and are included in the Skype pricelist

    > But Jajah and Skype are more expensive for normal numbers.
    > Is there also cheap internet telephony with which you can reach service
    > numbers for reasonable prices?

    That is the DB railway call centre and it uses an 01850 premium rate phone
    number, so unrestricted and cheap access are unlikely. But good luck in
    finding a provider that is ignorant enough to provide that.

    Anthony R. Gold, Jul 13, 2011

  2. On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 10:11:03 +0100, "Anthony R. Gold"
    <> wrote:

    > That is the DB railway call centre and it uses an 01850 premium rate phone
    > number, so unrestricted and cheap access are unlikely. But good luck in
    > finding a provider that is ignorant enough to provide that.

    Sorry for typo, make that "uses an 01805 premium rate phone number".

    Anthony R. Gold, Jul 13, 2011

  3. On 13/07/2011 11:11, Anthony R. Gold wrote:

    > That is the DB railway call centre and it uses an 01850 premium rate phone
    > number, so unrestricted and cheap access are unlikely. But good luck in
    > finding a provider that is ignorant enough to provide that.

    I mean cheap for normal numbers and usual prices for premium rate phone
    numbers (e.g. the premium + the cost to reach the country).

    Jaap Korthals Altes, Jul 13, 2011
  4. Anthony R. Gold

    Graham. Guest

    "Jaap Korthals Altes" <> wrote in message news:4e1db5a1$0$15789$2.nl...
    > On 13/07/2011 11:11, Anthony R. Gold wrote:
    >
    >> That is the DB railway call centre and it uses an 01850 premium rate phone
    >> number, so unrestricted and cheap access are unlikely. But good luck in
    >> finding a provider that is ignorant enough to provide that.

    > I mean cheap for normal numbers and usual prices for premium rate phone numbers (e.g. the premium + the cost to reach the
    > country).

    I have wondered for some time why Betamax, Dellmont Sarl, or what ever they are called this week
    single out the UK for inclusion of some premium NGNs in its published rates.

    Most countries including Germany just has geographic and mobile charge bands,
    but for the UK, many of the clones include a separate rate for:
    "National Rate"
    "Personal"

    without actually defining which codes the last two categories cover.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Jul 13, 2011
  5. On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 17:22:48 +0100, "Graham." <> wrote:

    > "Jaap Korthals Altes" <> wrote in message news:4e1db5a1$0$15789$2.nl...
    >> On 13/07/2011 11:11, Anthony R. Gold wrote:
    >>
    >>> That is the DB railway call centre and it uses an 01850 premium rate phone
    >>> number, so unrestricted and cheap access are unlikely. But good luck in
    >>> finding a provider that is ignorant enough to provide that.

    >> I mean cheap for normal numbers and usual prices for premium rate phone numbers (e.g. the premium + the cost to reach the
    >> country).

    > I have wondered for some time why Betamax, Dellmont Sarl, or what ever they are called this week
    > single out the UK for inclusion of some premium NGNs in its published rates.
    >
    > Most countries including Germany just has geographic and mobile charge bands,
    > but for the UK, many of the clones include a separate rate for:
    > 0844
    > 0845
    > 0871
    > "National Rate"
    > "Personal"
    >
    > without actually defining which codes the last two categories cover.

    I had believed "National Rate" was defined by BT as numbers starting with 087
    and "Personal" with 06 or 070. Was that wrong?

    Anthony R. Gold, Jul 13, 2011