Re: Service Company Folded

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Richard, Jan 20, 2011.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    On 20/01/2011 10:10 p.m., WorkHard wrote:
    > Suzie Wong wrote:
    >> Any one know about Next Electronics closing its doors.

    > They deserve to go out of business with the rip-off prices they
    > charge.

    The prices they charge were clearly not enough to sustain them.

    With all the overheads of CGA etc, I am amazed that anyone would risk
    repairing things for money.
    Richard, Jan 20, 2011

  2. On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 13:40:50 +1300, "Fred" <> wrote:

    >WorkHard wrote:
    >> Richard wrote:

    >>> The prices they charge were clearly not enough to sustain them.

    >> That's not 'clear' at all. Perhaps they didn't get enough clients
    >> because of their very high prices.

    >Exactly. It's income that sustains them. Not the price they charge.

    One of the Big problems with Warrantee repairs is that the Manufacturer
    does not pay the real costs of the repair.

    These firms like say Sony have a fixed price list to cover the costs of
    the Fault, but these costs are cut to the bone.
    William Brown, Jan 21, 2011

  3. Richard

    Fred Guest

    whoisthis wrote:
    > In article <ihbmim$mv9$>, EMB <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On 21/01/2011 4:05 p.m., William Brown wrote:

    >>> One of the Big problems with Warrantee repairs is that the
    >>> Manufacturer does not pay the real costs of the repair.
    >>>
    >>> These firms like say Sony have a fixed price list to cover the
    >>> costs of the Fault, but these costs are cut to the bone.

    >> Wrong. Their payments are fair and provide viable recompense for a
    >> competent repairer to undertake the work. The fact that many
    >> repairers are not up to doing the work in the allocated time does
    >> not make the payment insufficient.

    > I know a number of very competent techs in the domestic electronics
    > servicing area, and they have for years told me you are wrong.

    Then they should drop the contract. Ifthey keep doing unprofitable work
    ........ask yourself.
    Fred, Jan 21, 2011
  4. Richard

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Fred wrote:
    > whoisthis wrote:
    >> In article <ihbmim$mv9$>, EMB <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> Wrong. Their payments are fair and provide viable recompense for a
    >>> competent repairer to undertake the work. The fact that many
    >>> repairers are not up to doing the work in the allocated time does
    >>> not make the payment insufficient.

    >> I know a number of very competent techs in the domestic electronics
    >> servicing area, and they have for years told me you are wrong.

    > Then they should drop the contract. Ifthey keep doing unprofitable
    > work .......ask yourself.

    "Unprofitable work" can be better than no work at all if you already have
    the tech sitting there on the payroll.

    Also, as 'whoisthis' alluded to, there are other benefits from having a
    'special' relationship with a supply company than the money received from
    warranty repairs. (Although, that said not many folks pay for
    out-of-warranty repairs these days as, sadly, they're often more costly than
    using it as landfill and buying a new item.)
    --
    Shaun.

    into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
    ~misfit~, Jan 22, 2011
  5. On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 23:19:02 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >On 21/01/2011 4:05 p.m., William Brown wrote:

    >>> Exactly. It's income that sustains them. Not the price they charge.
    >>>

    >> One of the Big problems with Warrantee repairs is that the Manufacturer
    >> does not pay the real costs of the repair.
    >>
    >> These firms like say Sony have a fixed price list to cover the costs of
    >> the Fault, but these costs are cut to the bone.

    >Wrong. Their payments are fair and provide viable recompense for a
    >competent repairer to undertake the work. The fact that many repairers
    >are not up to doing the work in the allocated time does not make the
    >payment insufficient.

    Been there done all that YOU ARE TOTTALY WRONG.
    William Brown, Jan 22, 2011
  6. Richard

    Donchano Guest

    On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 15:42:46 +1300, William Brown <>
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 23:19:02 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >>> One of the Big problems with Warrantee repairs is that the Manufacturer
    >>> does not pay the real costs of the repair.
    >>>
    >>> These firms like say Sony have a fixed price list to cover the costs of
    >>> the Fault, but these costs are cut to the bone.

    >>Wrong. Their payments are fair and provide viable recompense for a
    >>competent repairer to undertake the work. The fact that many repairers
    >>are not up to doing the work in the allocated time does not make the
    >>payment insufficient.

    >Been there done all that YOU ARE TOTTALY WRONG.

    The spellchecker in Agent 5x would have caught TOTTALY if you'd used
    it.
    Donchano, Jan 22, 2011
  7. On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 12:51:25 +1300, whoisthis <> wrote:

    >In article <ihcmkk$8t9$-september.org>,
    > "Fred" <> wrote:
    >
    >> whoisthis wrote:

    >> > I know a number of very competent techs in the domestic electronics
    >> > servicing area, and they have for years told me you are wrong.

    >> Then they should drop the contract. Ifthey keep doing unprofitable work
    >> .......ask yourself.

    >If they drop that work they then find getting parts for other stuff more
    >difficult, they also lose customers who will think if you can not do
    >warranty work then you can not fix anything they have.
    >The money is made in commercial work, for scientific servicing (which I
    >do) depending on what I am doing I get charged out from $60-$150/hr and
    >that is cheap, X-ray machines may cost $1000/hr and more if you need the
    >Aussie/European service agents.

    I gather that NEXT was charging some $120 and $80 for a Quote, they
    also Fixed Sony Digital cameras, but as the NBR article stated that
    could have lost the Sony contract.
    William Brown, Jan 22, 2011
  8. Richard

    Fred Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs Fred wrote:
    >> whoisthis wrote:

    >>> I know a number of very competent techs in the domestic electronics
    >>> servicing area, and they have for years told me you are wrong.

    >> Then they should drop the contract. Ifthey keep doing unprofitable
    >> work .......ask yourself.

    > "Unprofitable work" can be better than no work at all if you already
    > have the tech sitting there on the payroll.

    Then the tech shouldn't be there either.
    Fred, Jan 22, 2011
  9. Richard

    victor Guest

    On 22/01/2011 4:15 p.m., Fred wrote:

    > Then the tech shouldn't be there either.

    Then he won't be there for the profitable work.
    victor, Jan 22, 2011
  10. Richard

    Mgr. Scooter Guest

    On , , Sat, 22 Jan 2011 15:42:46 +1300, Re: Service Company Folded, William
    Brown <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 23:19:02 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >>> One of the Big problems with Warrantee repairs is that the Manufacturer
    >>> does not pay the real costs of the repair.
    >>>
    >>> These firms like say Sony have a fixed price list to cover the costs of
    >>> the Fault, but these costs are cut to the bone.

    >>Wrong. Their payments are fair and provide viable recompense for a
    >>competent repairer to undertake the work. The fact that many repairers
    >>are not up to doing the work in the allocated time does not make the
    >>payment insufficient.

    >Been there done all that YOU ARE TOTTALY WRONG.

    You are Roger Sheppard and have been demonstrably shown to be wrong over the
    last ten years and all 200 aliases.
    I have a list of over 125 previous aliases you have used.
    I wouldn't let you restock a Coke machine let alone service anything more
    difficult than an electric jug.
    You are very tedious and always wrong.
    No wonder you are high and dry on the scrapheap at your age.

    to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
    Anatole France.
    Mgr. Scooter, Jan 22, 2011
  11. On 21 Jan, 16:05, William Brown <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 13:40:50 +1300, "Fred" <> wrote:
    > >WorkHard wrote:

    > >> That's not 'clear' at all. Perhaps they didn't get enough clients
    > >> because of their very high prices.

    > >Exactly. It's income that sustains them.  Not the price they charge.

    > One of the Big problems with Warrantee repairs is that the Manufacturer
    > does not pay the real costs of the repair.
    >
    > These firms like say Sony have a fixed price list to cover the costs of
    > the Fault, but these costs are cut to the bone.

    and here he is replying to his own alias
    TAKE YOUR MEDS TAKE YOUR MEDS TAKE YOUR MEDS TAKE YOUR MEDS TAKE YOUR
    MEDS TAKE YOUR MEDS
    Dogsiehxnihtgewg (it is Welsh), Jan 22, 2011

    Dogsiehxnihtgewg (it is Welsh), Jan 22, 2011

    Dogsiehxnihtgewg (it is Welsh), Jan 22, 2011
  14. On 22 Jan, 17:46, Mgr. Scooter <> wrote:
    > On , , Sat, 22 Jan 2011 15:42:46 +1300, Re: Service Company Folded, William
    >

    > Brown <> wrote:

    > >>Wrong.  Their payments are fair and provide viable recompense for a
    > >>competent repairer to undertake the work.  The fact that many repairers
    > >>are not up to doing the work in the allocated time does not make the
    > >>payment insufficient.

    > >Been there done all that YOU ARE TOTTALY WRONG.

    > You are Roger Sheppard and have been demonstrably shown to be wrong over the
    > last ten years and all 200 aliases.
    > I have a list of over 125 previous aliases you have used.
    > I wouldn't let you restock a Coke machine let alone service anything more
    > difficult than an electric jug.
    > You are very tedious and always wrong.
    > No wonder you are high and dry on the scrapheap at your age.
    >
    > --
    > "The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor
    > to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
    > Anatole France.

    Speaking of hgh and dry, I see you changed your religious persuasion,
    citing that you no longer wanted to be associated with the Bahai
    Religion or their beliefs, wow in 2004 and yet you have hidden under
    there skirts after that date, they were sad to hear what a nasty piece
    of shit you are, and glad you had left their fold, oooops did someone
    drop them a note loll you may never know, unless you rejoin I guess
    lolol
    Dogsiehxnihtgewg (it is Welsh), Jan 22, 2011
  15. Richard

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Fred wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Fred wrote:

    >>> Then they should drop the contract. Ifthey keep doing unprofitable
    >>> work .......ask yourself.

    >> "Unprofitable work" can be better than no work at all if you already
    >> have the tech sitting there on the payroll.

    > Then the tech shouldn't be there either.

    Businesses in the service sector where ALL employees are busy *all* of the
    time are quite rare.

    ~misfit~, Jan 22, 2011
  16. Richard

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs victor wrote:
    > On 22/01/2011 4:15 p.m., Fred wrote:
    >

    >> Then the tech shouldn't be there either.
    >>

    > Then he won't be there for the profitable work.

    Thanks, you put it better than I did. :)

    ~misfit~, Jan 22, 2011
  17. Richard

    Fred Guest

    victor wrote:
    > On 22/01/2011 4:15 p.m., Fred wrote:
    >

    >> Then the tech shouldn't be there either.
    >>

    > Then he won't be there for the profitable work.

    As long as the low paying customer can be always at the end of the queue
    then there's no problem at all. It's outfits that trip over themselves for
    low charge-out service work to fill the gaps, then build their businesses on
    it. It happens.
    Fred, Jan 22, 2011
  18. Richard

    victor Guest

    On 22/01/2011 7:57 p.m., Fred wrote:
    > victor wrote:
    >> On 22/01/2011 4:15 p.m., Fred wrote:
    >>

    >>> Then the tech shouldn't be there either.
    >>>

    >> Then he won't be there for the profitable work.

    > As long as the low paying customer can be always at the end of the queue
    > then there's no problem at all. It's outfits that trip over themselves for
    > low charge-out service work to fill the gaps, then build their businesses on
    > it. It happens.

    Tony's Tire Service still makes a profit
    victor, Jan 22, 2011
  19. Richard

    victor Guest

    On 23/01/2011 10:14 a.m., whoisthis wrote:
    > In article<ihffpb$9dc$>, victor<>
    > wrote:

    >>> As long as the low paying customer can be always at the end of the queue
    >>> then there's no problem at all. It's outfits that trip over themselves for
    >>> low charge-out service work to fill the gaps, then build their businesses on
    >>> it. It happens.
    >>>

    >> Tony's Tire Service still makes a profit

    > Thats because of the markups they have on tyres .... oh and they are
    > owned by Firestone.

    Free puncture repairs are definitely unprofitable if you take them out
    of context.
    victor, Jan 22, 2011
  20. Richard

    victor Guest

    On 23/01/2011 12:39 p.m., whoisthis wrote:
    > In article<ihfleu$mfd$>, victor<>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On 23/01/2011 10:14 a.m., whoisthis wrote:

    >>> Thats because of the markups they have on tyres .... oh and they are
    >>> owned by Firestone.

    >> Free puncture repairs are definitely unprofitable if you take them out
    >> of context.

    > I have not had a puncture in 6 or more years..... and even then it was
    > NOT free, the puncture had broken strands in the steel belting and the
    > tyre was replaced.

    See what they did there ?
    victor, Jan 22, 2011