Re: Server+ Certification - worth?

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Pikoro, Aug 20, 2003.

  1. Pikoro

    Pikoro Guest

    "Wblane" <> wrote in message
    > I'd have to agree I've seen jobs that require an A+ certification, but

    I've
    > seen a LOT more jobs that require a degree in Computer Science. Why?

    Because
    > the amount of effort/dedication to get a degree makes all certs except the
    > Cisco certs look trivial by comparison -- and paper assholes w/certs are a
    > dime-a-dozen these days.

    Again, speak for yourself, YOU may have seen a lot more jobs that require a
    degree, this doesn't mean that the market is not moving towards integration
    of certs and degrees.

    > Huh? An ABET certified university program in Computer Science doesn't give

    > flying **** about certifications. You can't substitute any bullshit cert

    for
    > any of the core courses in Computer Science.

    Wat chu talkin 'bout? This is ridiculous.
    I could give you a whole list of college classes that are equivalent to
    certs, and strictly based on the exam model.
    Again, this is a moot issue not worth discussing, it is not a question of
    degrees vs. certs but of integrating both.
    Keep on cursing against certs if you would, but that is not the way
    corporations move, the way higher education moves, and ultimately what
    employers who ask for particular skills screen for.
    Degrees vs. certs? NO, get them both, knowledge is one.

    Pikoro, Aug 20, 2003

  2. I have a degree in Computer Science from a CSAB/CSAC (Computer Science
    Accrediting Board/ Computer Science Accrediting Commission) accredited
    school. ABET (Accrediting Board of Engineering and Technology) has taken
    over the accreditation of CS programs since I went to school. I have to
    agree with wblane here. For those of you reading this thread, do not listen
    to Pikoro, he is broken.

    Clint

    "Wblane" <> wrote in message
    > Um, I've got a degree in Computer Science from a ABET accredited school.

    I'm
    > guessing you, in fact, do NOT have a degree in Computer Science. There are

    NO
    > classes in the core Computer Science curriculum that are equivalent to any
    > certification. As a matter of fact it's strictly forbidden for professors

    > require a certification as part of coursework curriculum in public
    > universities, in California. One prof in my department who tried to

    introduce a

    Clint Kennedy, Aug 20, 2003

  3. Pikoro

    Pikoro Guest

    So, the good samaritan who helps the elderly people and is so verborragic in
    posts feels like picking again on a thick skull, huh?
    How come all your missionary feelings get confused when you read a post by
    me?
    Maybe it's because you've eaten floor so many times that you are starting to
    like the taste of shit...
    I think you are no better than degenerate priests, making a show of kindness
    and full of poison inside, wolves disguised as lambs are the worst.
    For your attention and that of your new found friends (you are so eager to
    befriend instantly anybody bitching Pikoro, right? Didn't your mother teach
    you to be careful with strangers?), here is the list you are so anxious to
    see and that will show to anybody with a clear mind how true it is that
    higher education and certifications are integrating.
    But idiots like you just don't surrender to evidence and admit they were
    wrong, like mad dogs without teeth you will continue to howl to the moon.
    Nobody listens to you but yourselves, and nobody cares about your incoherent
    and erratic utterances.
    We are talking about State-approved College classes, I know nothing about
    that shit in California you are talking about and couldn't care less.

    CET 2253 Applied Operating Systems, can be replaced by A+ OS cert.
    CET 2489C Networking technology, replaced by Network+.
    CGS 2263 Local area networking, replaced by Certified Novell Administrator.
    CET 2178C Microcomputer troubleshooting, replaced by A+ hardware.
    CGS 1510 Electronic spreadsheet, replaced by MOS (ex MOUS).
    CGS 1540C Database management, replaced by MOS.
    OST 2764 Word processing applications, replaced by MOS.

    The list is by no means exhaustive, I'm sure that there are others, this is
    just the beginning of a path towards synergy.
    I refuse to get involved further in a meaningless debate of degrees vs.
    certs., this is really for absolute dickheads who cannot see further than
    their noses or maybe are infatuated because they have a degree and tend to
    look down on the rest of the world, their miserable vanity is really a
    pathetic show of abject clowns.
    Regarding the imbecile who thinks in his mosquito-sized brain that he will
    only once defeat Pikoro: I'm tired of you, asshole, and don't want to
    indulge you further in your vice, I know that you just love to be trashed by
    me and always beg for more.
    So here's my last punishment for you: You are a good boy, RussS!
    Good grief, I can hear the sado-masochistic pervert groaning in pain...

    "RussS" <> wrote in message
    > We have known that for a while Clint. We just humor him mostly as

    actually

    Pikoro, Aug 21, 2003
  4. Pikoro

    Pikoro Guest

    Sir,

    Could a brilliant mind like yours, with a degree and all, please clarify
    this simple question:
    If you so much despise certifications, why in the world are you posting in a
    newsgroup dedicated to them?

    Pst, an answer to the senseless rantings of these pompous clowns is posted
    below.
    I'm sure their ASBESTOS paper is not even good for wiping asses.

    Pikoro, Aug 21, 2003
  5. I fail to recall ever making the statement that I despise certifications. I
    have several and are working towards more.

    Clint

    Clint Kennedy, Aug 21, 2003
  6. Pikoro,

    Are these classes being offered by an ABET/CSAC/CSAB accredited 4 year
    college program, or by your local community / vocational / associate's
    degree college? There is a world of difference, and as a hiring manager, I
    can tell you it definitely matters. It's like comparing two completely
    different animals that happen to have the word "college" attached to them.

    Clint

    Clint Kennedy, Aug 21, 2003
  7. Pikoro

    Pikoro Guest

    Great idea, man! Me too, and will soon have an AS.
    I don't despise nor bitch against any one of them, and am amazed with
    certified techs. cursing against certs. and adoring degrees.
    I just think that certifications, which were started by corporations to
    certify particular skills, and higher education will eventually merge and
    become interchangeable.
    By the way, the classes I mentioned are offered by community colleges, but I
    don't see where the world of difference is. I'm observing a trend, which I
    have not only noticed in this industry but in others too.
    For example, an IATA-UFTAA certification replaces several classes in the
    tourism and hospitality degrees, etc.
    Clear enough?

    Pikoro, Aug 21, 2003
  8. Pikoro

    Pikoro Guest

    There can, there cannot, all these things depend on where you are.
    In my part of town a 2-years degree means a transfer to a 4-years
    institution, it may well be that the latter will not replace classes with
    certs. but if the former does, I call this integration.
    You don't need to be an expert in combinatorics (that's a branch of Math) to
    figure out why I said that I don't see where the big difference lies.
    Now, PLEASE, let's finish a senseless debate, everybody knows that a degree
    takes more commitment than a cert., if you have a balanced approach to both
    you will understand where the use of each one lies, and I don't feel like
    going over something that has already been explained a thousand times.
    Bonne chance!

    Pikoro, Aug 22, 2003
  9. Here's my suggestion ... obtain a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from
    an accredited 4 year college program ... not an associates degree or a
    vocational school ... then we can have your take on how it compares to
    obtaining certifications. Once you've done this, you will understand our
    experienced-based points. Until then, you don't know what you're talking
    about, you're speculating.

    - Clint

    Clint Kennedy, Aug 22, 2003
  10. Pikoro

    Pikoro Guest

    Now, who the hell asked you for a suggestion?
    YOU don't know what you are talking about, I am demonstrating my point with
    fact and figures.
    And who the hell cares about your experience-based points?
    You can shove them up your ass and the only thing that will happen is that a
    clown will be eating papers the other way round.

    Pikoro, Aug 22, 2003
  11. Pikoro

    RussS Guest

    Hey fool - when I want your opinion I will pull the chain. Shit boy, your
    attempts at putdowns are about as useless as your continual slagging at
    anybody who has a differing opinion. I hope that perhaps one day you may
    grow up into a half way intelligent adult who is capable of actually
    interacting with the rest of the species, but as the days and weeks roll on
    I seem to think that perhaps it is just too much to ask for - please try to
    prove me wrong.

    RussS, Aug 22, 2003
  12. Pikoro

    Pikoro Guest

    OK, you pompous clowns with degrees, you are missing the point as usual.
    Nobody said that certs. compare with degrees, you are so blind you don't
    even understand what you are reading.
    The point is simply that certs. are being integrated into higher education
    and I have submitted undeniable proof that they are.
    The idiot who posted about maths. is so far off that it's ludicrous, as I
    said, you don't need to be an expert in maths. to realize that if certs. are
    being integrated into 2-years programs they are necessarily inserted into
    4-years programs. This is so basic that I don't even need to be 9 years old,
    a toddler would understand what a pompous imbecile cannot.
    Such imbeciles may even be hiring managers but I wouldn't hire them for
    cleaning the bathrooms.
    I saw you coming a mile away, pathetic clowns, that is why I predicted that
    such idiots don't surrender to evidence, in fact mad dogs howl much louder
    when shown a mirror...
    You can puke slime as much as you would, it only falls on you.

    "Wblane" <> wrote in message
    > Anything you know I can learn in half the time and be twice as competent

    with.
    > You, OTOH, are nothing but an uneducated idiot who wouldn't know the

    difference

    Pikoro, Aug 23, 2003
  13. Pikoro

    Pikoro Guest

    Pussy, pussy, is your ass on heat?
    Just tell me one opportunity where I slugged somebody for having a
    differing opinion.
    What I can't stand is freaks like you posting unprovoked personal offenses
    just because something is bugging you inside.
    Go get fucked once and for all and stop masturbating in newsgroups.

    Pikoro, Aug 23, 2003
  14. Pikoro

    Pikoro Guest

    Tom, you are a great guy, stay away from this.
    I know that anybody is entitled to give an opinion, trust me.
    This is just an attempt to belittle me so they can carry on with their
    pompus disdain of the world just because of their degrees.
    These guys will never tolerate to be proved wrong, their brains are too
    small for that.
    "The problem of the world is that fools and fanatics are so sure of
    themselves and wiser men so doubtful"
    Sir Bertrand Russell

    Pikoro, Aug 23, 2003
  15. Pikoro

    RussS Guest

    Hmm - another case of a self opinionated clown refusing to usderstand others
    opinions. Pikoro - do your self and the world a favour and find somewhere
    else to play.

    RussS, Aug 23, 2003
  16. I think it's neat how this genius conveniently skips over all of the valid
    points we make and only responds to the most miniscule facets of our
    arguments, encapsulated in a peon temper-tantrum cursory because he isn't
    getting his way and can't make a logical case against our points.

    "you don't need to be an expert in maths to realize that if certs are being
    integrated into 2-years programs they are necessarily inserted into 4-years
    programs. This is so basic that I don't even need to be 9 years old, a
    toddler would understand what a pompous imbecile cannot."

    I could not stop laughing, honestly. I'm really wondering who we're even
    bothering to have a discussion with here.

    Considering not a single person has written in defense of this goof, I think
    it's safe to say the educated half of us are in agreeance on this topic. He
    seems to be his biggest fan. He will probably have more time to think about
    our points on his night-shift at McDonald's. If he doesn't work there yet,
    he will one day.

    -Clint

    Clint Kennedy, Aug 23, 2003
  17. Pikoro

    R.A.D. Guest

    Judging by the way you choose to respond with insults and rants,and your
    ability to pat yourself on the back, it shows what Higher Education is
    worth.
    "Wblane" <> wrote in message
    > I received my degree in Computer Science only three years ago. I'm in

    regular
    > contact w/a member of the faculty at Cal State University, Long Beach.

    There
    > are NO, repeat NO core Computer Science classes that can be substituted

    for by
    > A+, MCSE, Server+ or any other certs you care to pull out of your ass.

    You're
    > an ignorant idiot who doesn't know boolean algebra from linear algebra.

    Any
    > shithead w/half a brain can get an A+ cert. The classes you listed have

    nothing
    > to do w/core Computer Science coursework you putz. ET, BTW stands for
    > Engineering Technology. As a matter of fact, some of the core classes in
    > Computer Science are purely mathmatical: involving things way above your
    > walnut-sized brain. Ever heard of inductive proofs? What about Karnaugh

    maps?

    R.A.D., Aug 23, 2003
  18. Pikoro

    Pikoro Guest

    Pussy, your gregarious behaviour is that of a worm cuddling up with others
    of your ilk when attacked.
    You just look for anybody bitching Pikoro to side up with them, no matter
    what they say, and even if its wrong.
    You are just a girl throwing poisonous darts at me to catch my attention.
    Unfortunately for you, you are not my type, go to some adult men-only bar to
    find company, I don't really enjoy that much having to trash you all the
    time.

    Pikoro, Aug 23, 2003
  19. Pikoro

    RussS Guest

    heh heh heh - get a frigging grip little boy.

    RussS, Aug 23, 2003
  20. I couldn't stand an intellectual challenge with you? Right. I bow down to
    your complete genius. If only I could be as reasonable and logical as you
    are. Go get that associate's certification-based degree and show the world
    who's boss!!!

    - Clint

    "Pikoro" <> wrote in message
    > OK, Mr. Hiring Manager, aren't you the freak that thinks he is so

    brilliant
    > that he invented the "next wave" in education with his experience-based
    > points?
    > A clown like you was recently hiring authors on commission basis.
    > If it's not you, you are not far from there.
    > I didn't see any point nor hard fact in your stupid rant, in fact I'm more
    > convinced than ever that a midget like you could never stand an

    intellectual
    > challenge with me.
    > You didn't bring any proof except that nobody has yet written for me,

    which
    > is not even true, but even if it were, and I couldn't care less since

    Truth
    > does not go by numbers, you are really in good company.
    > Your argument is the same one Corporal Hitler used and, as I once told

    your

    Clint Kennedy, Aug 23, 2003