Re: Seriously on the Netiquette

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by woo, Nov 8, 2005.

  1. woo

    woo Guest

    > either.

    call
    > it

    > coworkers'

    > when

    > from

    > information.

    > > > COMMON PEOPLE, REVOLUTION! Why not? See that's the problem.

    > > To the melody of "we are the world":
    > > We are the sheep, we are the nobodies, we are the big mouths, but nothing ever happening.
    > > We are newgroup posters, we're only here to talk,
    > > We're never do a thing that would make us use our brains,
    > > We are the sheep, we we are the posters,
    > > We are the ones that never make a single difference,
    > > There are people sighing, and others sighing too,
    > > Just don't expect us use our heads as we are done with you.
    > > We are the sheep, we are the posters,
    > > As long as Google archives us and thus
    > > we herd as... fuckit
    > >
    > > We are the sheep, we are the nobodies,
    > > please don't tell us what to do or else we'll, what?
    > > I forgot the question.

    > Let's look at another one, Rule number 3 from the old netiquette:
    >
    > Breaking the law is bad Netiquette
    > If you're tempted to do something that's illegal in cyberspace, chances are it's also bad Netiquette.
    >

    > Some laws are obscure or complicated enough that it's hard to know how to follow them. And in some cases, we're still establishing
    > how the law applies to cyberspace. Two examples are the laws on privacy (see Rule 8 and "Email Privacy -- a Grand Illusion" on

    page
    > 125) and copyright (see "Copyright in Cyberspace" on page 133).
    >

    > Again, this is a book on manners, not a legal manual. But Netiquette mandates that you do your best to act within the laws of
    > society and cyberspace.
    >

    > Rule 3: Know where you are in cyberspace
    > Netiquette varies from domain to domain
    > What's perfectly acceptable in one area may be dreadfully rude in another. For example, in most TV discussion groups, passing on
    > idle gossip is perfectly permissible. But throwing around unsubstantiated rumors in a journalists' mailing list will make you very
    > unpopular there.
    >

    > And because Netiquette is different in different places, it's important to know where you are. Thus the next corollary:
    >

    > Lurk before you leap
    > When you enter a domain of cyberspace that's new to you, take a look around. Spend a while listening to the chat or reading the
    > archives. Get a sense of how the people who are already there act. Then go ahead and participate.

    In my netiquette I wrote: Stick to the topic of the thread as ignoring the topic is very humiliating to the
    originator of the thread. See I focus on different sides, based on my experience, more like a users
    guide than a moral standpoint. Moral standpoint, why treat the whole netiquette as religion, that's one
    of the mistakes of the netiquette. You remember at use? Citizens at use (with cameras on their foreheads)?

    There is a problem with people becoming Internet citizens in their behaviors. Well, this is where the Orwellianism in the
    whole thing comes out really, and the crimes against humanity behind it all, of what it all has become. Nicholae
    Googlescu Googorwell's company and his private paradise venture on the global Internet.

    woo, Nov 8, 2005