Re: Serial port and PS/2 port schematics

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by °Mike°, Jul 6, 2003.

  1. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    Serial Pinouts
    http://www.connectworld.net/serial-pinouts.html

    Keyboard & Mouse PS/2 Pinouts
    http://www.ymouse.com/techsup/techpinouts.htm

    On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 23:59:23 GMT, in
    <>
    scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 6, 2003

  2. °Mike°

    Guest

    Re: Serial port and PS/2 port schematics OR Assistive Tech. suggestion

    Thanks I will check-out the links. Can a serial device be made into a
    PS/2 device? With "simple modifications?

    Thanks again,

    Chris.
    On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 01:22:22 +0100, °Mike°
    <> wrote:

    >Serial Pinouts
    >http://www.connectworld.net/serial-pinouts.html
    >
    >Keyboard & Mouse PS/2 Pinouts
    >http://www.ymouse.com/techsup/techpinouts.htm
    >

    >On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 23:59:23 GMT, in
    > <>
    > scrawled:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Will anyone tell me where I can locatew the pin-outs for PS/2 and
    >>serial ports.
    >>
    >>I am having trouble with kvm boxes not recognizing my serial mouse.
    >>The mouse is plugged into a ps/2 port on a kvm, by a serial to ps/2
    >>adapter. For some reason the mouse does not work when attached to the
    >>kvm. This problem affects most of the readily available kvm boxes,
    >>with the exception of Belkin's Omnicube. None of the tech. support
    >>people I contacted are able or willing to explain this to me.
    >>
    >>Any suggestions for figuring this out?
    >>

    >>Thanks.

    , Jul 9, 2003