Re: Sending Problem in my Yahoo.ca POP3 with Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by zomi, Aug 25, 2005.

  1. zomi

    zomi Guest

    UPDATE 2:

    My ISP is Comcast Cable Broadband Internet.

    The difference in speed between my Web Mail and my POP3 Mail:

    1. Web Mail (http://mail.yahoo.com)

    (1) Email, titled MOON 01, was sent out from my main Yahoo.ca email address to one other Yahoo.ca email address of mine and to my Gmail email address, with a carbon copy for my main Yahoo.ca email address, at 2:48:39 pm on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 [Eastern Daylight Saving Time]. My main Yahoo.ca email address got that email at 2:48:40 pm. The length of time elapsed was 1 second.

    (2) Email, titled MOON 02, was sent out from my main Yahoo.ca email address to the above two addresses, with a carbon copy for my main Yahoo.ca email address, at 3:08:03 pm. My main Yahoo.ca email address got that email at 3:08:07 pm. Length of time: 4 seconds.

    (3) Email, titled MOON 03, was sent out from my main Yahoo.ca email address to the above two addresses, with a carbon copy for my main Yahoo.ca email address, at 3:10:01 pm. My main Yahoo.ca email address got that email at 3:10:02 pm. Length of time: 1 second.

    2. POP3 Email (Outlook Express)

    (1) Email, titled SUN 01, was sent out from my main Yahoo.ca email address to the above two addresses, with a carbon copy for my main Yahoo.ca email address, at 2:48:54 pm. My main Yahoo.ca email address got that email at 5:11:04 pm. Length of time: 2 hours 22 minutes 10 seconds.

    (2) Email, titled SUN 02, was sent out from my main Yahoo.ca email address to the above two addresses, with a carbon copy for my main Yahoo.ca email address, at 3:06:14 pm. My main Yahoo.ca email address got that email at 6:39:29 pm. Length of time: 3 hours 33 minutes 15 seconds.

    (3) Email, titled SUN 02, was sent out from my main Yahoo.ca email address to the above two addresses, with a carbon copy for my main Yahoo.ca email address, at 3:09:15 pm. My main Yahoo.ca email address got that email at 5:21:58 pm. Length of time: 2 hours 12 minutes 43 seconds.

    Record-Breaking Slowness

    (4) Email, titled SOLA, was sent out from my main Yahoo.ca email address to the above two addresses, with a carbon copy for my main Yahoo.ca email address, at 6:21:18 am [in the morning]. My main Yahoo.ca email address got that email at 3:15:27 pm [in the morning]. Length of time: 8 hours 54 minutes 09 seconds.

    zomi, Aug 25, 2005

  2. zomi

    PA Bear Guest

    Plain Text is preferred here, please.

    1. You are not using the same mailserver at the webmail page as you are in
    OE.

    2. Assuming you have the option enabled, if a copy of your message appears
    immediately in Sent Items folder, the problem/delay lies somewhere outside
    of OE.

    3. Though you may see this reply there,
    microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.outlookexpress is *not* a
    newsgroup on the MS newsserver. (It was once, a long time ago, and some
    newsservers continue to propagate it.)
    --
    OE6-specific newsgroup:
    OE General newsgroup:

    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

    "zomi" <> wrote in message

    My ISP is Comcast Cable Broadband Internet.

    The difference in speed between my Web Mail and my POP3 Mail:
    <snip>
    PA Bear, Aug 25, 2005