Re: Self-Test Questions from MS eLearning

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Jonathan Roberts, Sep 8, 2006.

  1. shameless bump..

    Jonathan Roberts, Sep 8, 2006

  2. "Jonathan Roberts" <> wrote in message
    > shameless bump..
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    >> Hello all!
    >>
    >> I have been taking some of the free (currently) SQL Server 2005
    >> elearning courses that MS has made available. The self-test questions
    >> seem very easy. However, they do reinforce the section's topics. Are
    >> they similar to what one will find on a real exam? (I'm not looking
    >> for specifics!)
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance,

    Jonathan, my gut response is.. "not even"...

    The eLearning courses are really designed to be an "intro to.." type of
    curriculum,
    where as the cert exams really require actual experience with the product
    and a fair level of technical knowledge.

    I strongly recommend completing the eLearning courses as part of the cert
    exam requirements,
    but the self-test questions are really nothing more than a 'quick
    check', a self-assessment, if you will,
    that you, as a reader/student, have grasped the fundamental points of a
    unit.

    For a better example of cert exam questions, I recommend MSPress Cert Study
    Guides or practice exams from one of the major practice exam publishers.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MVP-Software Distribution
    Everything you need for WSUS is at

    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Sep 14, 2006

  3. Thank you for the response. You said what I suspected. I have the MS Press
    books also and plan to use the tests on the CD. I have been told that they
    are good.

    Thanks again,

    Jonathan
    \