Re: Self Test.com software - Exam tests

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by TurkReno, Dec 28, 2006.

  1. TurkReno

    TurkReno Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?U2N1YmFfRGF2ZQ==?= <> wrote
    in news::

    > I just found out our work has an agreement where we can use these Self
    > Tests for only $30 for a year.
    > Has anyone used this site before?
    >
    > 2 Techs have already taken the 70-271 exam & failed, one of whom
    > attended a training class. So far our Team Lead will not approve
    > purchase of the Study guides
    >
    > http://www.selftestsoftware.com/alltests.asp
    >
    > Thank you

    SelfTestSoftware is an approved Microsoft Training Provider. Its not a
    rip-off or a scam so feel comfortable and use them. If you want
    something that's going to be comparable to the exam, which an STS exam
    is and if you fail it enough and memorize the answers then of course
    you're going to have a misconception when you take the exam, go check
    out www.measureup.com, which is the OTHER Microsoft Training Provider.
    They're harder than STS for this specific exam, the practice tests
    included that is. Just don't lower yourselves to braindumps because it
    ultimately doesn't show you know anything other than how to cheat and
    learn nothing. That's probably why your lead won't let you use a study
    guide. Therefore, read a book.

    If you don't mind reading and its not a time sensitive thing, which a
    test like this shouldn't because its hard enough, go check this out (and
    this is the only book I recommend because it covers SP2):

    http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/8796.aspx

    There's another one for 70-272 in there as well, just make sure you're
    looking at SP2. That alone will be worth more than any training class
    because you can keep it. Training classes want to pull you into their
    testing centers and try and generate revenue for their testing center by
    also persuading you to take the test there as well. Not a good thing.
    Either way, the books have a voucher for a % off of the exam when you
    register for it.

    Lasher
    MCDST, MCNGP #50
    www.mcngp.com > all