Re: Seize BP's Assets!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Desk Rabbit, Jul 7, 2010.

  1. Desk Rabbit

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 06/07/2010 22:48, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    > Heres a great idea: seize the assets of this serial offender.
    >
    > https://secure2.convio.net/pep/site/SPageServer?pagename=SeizeBP
    >
    > Sign the petition!
    >
    > ^_^

    Ridiculous knee-jerk reaction idea. How on earth will this make any of
    the current rigs safer? What about ex-employees pensions etc?
    Desk Rabbit, Jul 7, 2010

  2. Desk Rabbit

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-07-07, Desk Rabbit <> wrote:
    > On 06/07/2010 22:48, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >> Heres a great idea: seize the assets of this serial offender.
    >>
    >> https://secure2.convio.net/pep/site/SPageServer?pagename=SeizeBP
    >>
    >> Sign the petition!
    >>
    >> ^_^

    > Ridiculous knee-jerk reaction idea. How on earth will this make any of
    > the current rigs safer? What about ex-employees pensions etc?

    It would shake up all the insurance and pension schemes on the planet; BP
    (and other oil majors) are key shares held by such 'institutions', and the
    dividends from such shares are the main source of the money paid out by
    pension and insurance funds. Which is why even forcing BP to suspend
    paying dividends is a 'shot in own foot' reaction. (I wonder who'll get
    that money now that pensioners around the world won't be getting it?)

    If someone did seize all BP's assets within the USA, that someone would
    immediately be wholly responsible for the 'clean-up'; after all, they'd
    own all the equipment and information. So they'd have to start recruiting
    experts pretty damned quickly. I wonder where such experts could be
    found, and what they'd expect to be paid?

    If when Amoco and BP merged in 1998, they'd decided to call the combined
    operation Amoco, I wonder what sort of knee jerking American demagogues
    would be advocating now?

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jul 7, 2010

  3. Desk Rabbit

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news:i11ek7$dfr$ Desk Rabbit
    <> wrote:

    > On 06/07/2010 22:48, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >> Heres a great idea: seize the assets of this serial offender.
    >>
    >> https://secure2.convio.net/pep/site/SPageServer?pagename=SeizeBP
    >>
    >> Sign the petition!
    >>
    >> ^_^

    > Ridiculous knee-jerk reaction idea. How on earth will this make any of
    > the current rigs safer? What about ex-employees pensions etc?

    Consider the source. You should have simply stopped at "ridiculous."

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
    Bert Hyman, Jul 7, 2010
  4. Bert Hyman <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<Xns9DAE80129A62DVeebleFetzer@216.250.188.140>:

    >In news:i11ek7$dfr$ Desk Rabbit
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> On 06/07/2010 22:48, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >>> Heres a great idea: seize the assets of this serial offender.
    >>>
    >>> https://secure2.convio.net/pep/site/SPageServer?pagename=SeizeBP
    >>>
    >>> Sign the petition!
    >>>
    >>> ^_^

    >> Ridiculous knee-jerk reaction idea. How on earth will this make any

    of
    >> the current rigs safer? What about ex-employees pensions etc?

    >Consider the source. You should have simply stopped at "ridiculous."

    Dont blame me when the planets ecosystem collapses due to abuse in the
    next ten years.
    Your collective fear is expressed in your unconcious desire to "shoot
    the messenger".

    <shrugs>

    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 7, 2010
  5. Desk Rabbit

    chuckcar Guest

    §ñühw¤£f <> wrote in

    > Bert Hyman <> pinched out a steaming pile
    > of<Xns9DAE80129A62DVeebleFetzer@216.250.188.140>:
    >
    >>In news:i11ek7$dfr$ Desk Rabbit
    >><> wrote:

    >>> Ridiculous knee-jerk reaction idea. How on earth will this make any

    > of
    >>> the current rigs safer? What about ex-employees pensions etc?

    >>Consider the source. You should have simply stopped at "ridiculous."
    >>

    > Dont blame me when the planets ecosystem collapses due to abuse in the
    > next ten years.
    > Your collective fear is expressed in your unconcious desire to "shoot
    > the messenger".

    But if the messenger comes to the king with bad news every 5 minutes, the
    line waiting for the executioner gets short pretty damn fast.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jul 7, 2010
  6. Desk Rabbit

    chuckcar Guest

    §ñühw¤£f <> wrote in

    > chuckcar wrote:
    >> §ñühw¤£f <> wrote in
    >>

    >>> Your collective fear is expressed in your unconcious desire to

    >> "shoot
    >>> the messenger".
    >>>

    >> But if the messenger comes to the king with bad news every 5 minutes,
    >> the
    >> line waiting for the executioner gets short pretty damn fast.
    >>

    > Your desire to mimic the fabled Ostrich is noted.

    Only when you're around. Bu bye.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jul 8, 2010