Re: Seems I've aquired a Download Manager...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bob S, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Bob S

    Bob S Guest

    bassbag <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > In article <bcc4de$hh8sv$>,
    > says...
    > > arien wrote:
    > >
    > > > In article <>,
    > > > says...
    > > >>

    > > > You would know if you had FlashGet installed, you would see the
    > > > program pop up.
    > > >
    > > > Anyway, I have had this happen before, where the download (without a
    > > > download manager) for some reason picks up where it left off. All I
    > > > can assume is that it is something to do with the server, and I'm
    > > > always quite happy that I don't have to restart the download.
    > > >
    > > > Aside from that, I now use FlashGet and it seems quite good. Doesn't
    > > > seem to be any spyware, and it optimises your connection really well
    > > > to get maximum speeds.

    > > FlashGet contains Aureate/Radiate spyware. Certainly in free
    > > versions.
    > >
    > > http://home.tvd.be/ws36178/security/spylist.html
    > >
    > > It can be removed by AdAware, or Spybot S&D.
    > >

    > not since v 1.2....quite old now..
    > http://www.amazesoft.com/whatsnew.htm
    > me

    They may have taken it out in v1.2 but FlashGet Version 1.40 contains
    Aureate/Radiate spyware at least in the unregistered version. Their
    FAQ conveniently does not mention it.

    Bob
    Bob S, Jun 27, 2003

  2. Bob S

    PhilGreg Guest

    > > In article <bcc4de$hh8sv$>,
    > > says...
    > > > arien wrote:

    [snip]

    > > > FlashGet contains Aureate/Radiate spyware. Certainly in free
    > > > versions.
    > > >
    > > > http://home.tvd.be/ws36178/security/spylist.html
    > > >
    > > > It can be removed by AdAware, or Spybot S&D.
    > > >

    > > not since v 1.2....quite old now..
    > > http://www.amazesoft.com/whatsnew.htm
    > > me

    > They may have taken it out in v1.2 but FlashGet Version 1.40 contains
    > Aureate/Radiate spyware at least in the unregistered version. Their
    > FAQ conveniently does not mention it.

    ==> Not in my version of 1.4. Been running it for at least 6 months and have
    run Spybot and AdAware on numerous occasions and have never seen any
    spyware. Where did you DL your copy?

    --
    Phil

    \\\///