Re: Seeking advice for moonset photography

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by DanP, Jul 21, 2011.

  1. DanP

    DanP Guest

    On Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:20:05 AM UTC+1, bugbear wrote:

    > And HDR with a long lens on the moon is tricky - the moon moves quite fast.
    >
    > BugBear

    HDR is a good idea, just cut the Moon from the one with exposure set to cover the ground. Or just paste it ;)

    See this http://www.flickr.com/photos/sharpshutter/4318395969/

    DanP

    DanP, Jul 21, 2011

  2. DanP

    Paul Ciszek Guest

    In article <>,
    DanP <> wrote:
    >On Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:20:05 AM UTC+1, bugbear wrote:
    >
    >> And HDR with a long lens on the moon is tricky - the moon moves quite fast.
    >>
    >> BugBear

    >HDR is a good idea, just cut the Moon from the one with exposure set to
    >cover the ground. Or just paste it ;)
    >
    >See this http://www.flickr.com/photos/sharpshutter/4318395969/

    Heck, why bother getting out of bed?

    Paul Ciszek, Jul 21, 2011

  3. DanP

    RichA Guest

    On Jul 21, 4:37 am, DanP <> wrote:
    > On Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:20:05 AM UTC+1, bugbear wrote:
    > > And HDR with a long lens on the moon is tricky - the moon moves quite fast.

    > >    BugBear

    > HDR is a good idea, just cut the Moon from the one with exposure set to cover the ground. Or just paste it ;)
    >
    > See thishttp://www.flickr.com/photos/sharpshutter/4318395969/
    >
    > DanP

    Yuck. Besides, cutting and pasting is cheating. Anyone can shoot a
    Moon on a black sky background and past it into another image. The
    funny part comes when they have it rising in the West or something
    like that.

    RichA, Jul 22, 2011