Re: Seeking a concise Canon CHDK (Firmware hack) site?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by The Henchman, May 13, 2011.

  1. The Henchman

    The Henchman Guest

    "Doug Bashford" wrote in message
    news:...

    ------------------------


    Anyone even understand what the OP is saying in this post? His post is
    mixed up and uses far too many metaphors... Reads like, well like it's
    garbage.
     
    The Henchman, May 13, 2011
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. The Henchman

    Bruce Guest

    "The Henchman" <> wrote:
    >"Doug Bashford" wrote in message
    >news:...
    >
    >------------------------
    >
    >
    >Anyone even understand what the OP is saying in this post? His post is
    >mixed up and uses far too many metaphors... Reads like, well like it's
    >garbage.



    I think the problem is that the insane twist the facts to fit their
    world view. ;-)
     
    Bruce, May 13, 2011
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. The Henchman

    John A. Guest

    On Fri, 13 May 2011 16:47:16 -0700, Doug Bashford <>
    wrote:

    >
    >about: Re: Seeking a concise Canon CHDK (Firmware hack) site?;
    > On Fri, 13 May 2011, The Henchman wrote:
    >
    >
    >>
    >>
    >> "Doug Bashford" wrote in message
    >> news:...
    >>
    >> ------------------------
    >>
    >>
    >> Anyone even understand what the OP is saying in this post? His post is
    >> mixed up and uses far too many metaphors... Reads like, well like it's
    >> garbage.

    >
    >
    >Thanks for the feedback. Disorganized?
    >Yup. I didn't know it was so bad.
    >
    >Do you understand this part?
    >
    > They don't believe in editing anything
    >as this opensource thing evolves over seveal years.
    >The obsolete seems as valuable to them as the current,
    >if the number of words implies value.
    >
    >They seemingly have no executive people in charge of
    >making anything coherent. Nothing is ever removed,
    >stuff is only added.
    >...Like a tire with more patch than tire.


    "...if..." -> "...as if..."
     
    John A., May 14, 2011
    #3
  4. The Henchman

    The Henchman Guest

    Thanks for the feedback. Disorganized?
    Yup. I didn't know it was so bad.

    ------------------------

    You are complaining about a website's use of poor language when you yourself
    are difficult to read and understand. You were rambling in your complaint
    of some website and the free services they offer.

    You use metaphors and poetry to construct your argument. Next time try
    simple and straightforward so that 95% of the English reading world can
    understand you

    I say you are the kettle calling the pot black.
     
    The Henchman, May 15, 2011
    #4
  5. Doug Bashford <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 14 May 2011, Allen wrote:


    >> but he seems to think that
    >> CHDK is a vast, rich business,


    > Huh!? However did you reach THAT conclusion!?
    > Jumping eye-closed perhaps?


    Reading your posts.

    >> At that price as an average, how many D/Ls would they
    >> have to sell to afford the executive people you think hey should have?


    > Suggest you read the whole thread, then see
    > if you can figure it out.


    You wanted corporate structures and some executive to tell
    others what to do. Such things cost money. You tell us how
    to make the money, e.g. from you.

    -Wolfgang
     
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, May 25, 2011
    #5
  6. Doug Bashford <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 25 May 2011 10:50:16 +0200, Wolfgang Weisselberg


    >> You wanted corporate structures and some executive to tell
    >> others what to do. Such things cost money. You tell us how
    >> to make the money, e.g. from you.


    > You seem to have corporate structures on the brain.


    [snip]

    You want a cat herder. Then you need also willing cats.
    That only works with money or respect. There are few enough
    people who are able to code well enough to win respect and
    even much fewer who'd not code but coordinate and lead.

    So you need money.

    Or a volunteer who just fixes things, and doesn't tell others
    what to do.

    > My main example was Wikipedia.


    Wikipedia doesn't produce software. Or documentation.

    -Wolfgang
     
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Jun 5, 2011
    #6
  7. Doug Bashford <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 5 Jun 2011 18:49:35 +0200, Wolfgang Weisselberg
    >> Doug Bashford <> wrote:
    >> > On Wed, 25 May 2011 10:50:16 +0200, Wolfgang Weisselberg


    >> >> You wanted corporate structures and some executive to tell
    >> >> others what to do. Such things cost money. You tell us how
    >> >> to make the money, e.g. from you.


    >> > You seem to have corporate structures on the brain.


    >> [snip]


    >> You want a cat herder. Then you need also willing cats.
    >> That only works with money or respect. There are few enough
    >> people who are able to code well enough to win respect and
    >> even much fewer who'd not code but coordinate and lead.


    > Is THAT all the excuses you can contrive!? :)


    Excuses? Excuse me, but what is your excuse for still breathing?
    :)

    > Will you agree every one is arguable?


    Sure --- if you throw money on the problem, or motivate people or
    do something yourself. What is your excuse not to do so but to
    complain (and here, where the relevant people don't read) instead?

    >> So you need money.


    >> Or a volunteer who just fixes things, and doesn't tell others
    >> what to do.


    >> > My main example was Wikipedia.


    >> Wikipedia doesn't produce software. Or documentation.


    > ...and....????


    Sunlight and industrial revolution.

    BTW, a question doesn't get more questioning by multiple question
    marks, it only gets questionable.

    > The insane twist the facts to fit their world view.
    > The rational change their world view to fit the facts.


    And you should learn to mark your signatures with a line containing
    only "-- " (yes, the space is relevant!).

    -Wolfgang

    --
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure
    sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."
    Terry Pratchett -- "Maskerade"
     
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Jun 16, 2011
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. HokusPokus
    Replies:
    23
    Views:
    1,467
    ASAAR
    Jul 16, 2007
  2. D. Larson

    CHDK NEWS: A Discussion Forum Dedicated to CHDK

    D. Larson, Nov 28, 2007, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    425
    D. Larson
    Nov 28, 2007
  3. ray

    Re: Is Canon's CHDK Hack Dead?

    ray, Apr 19, 2011, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    777
    Wolfgang Weisselberg
    Apr 25, 2011
  4. David Dyer-Bennet

    Re: Is Canon's CHDK Hack Dead?

    David Dyer-Bennet, Apr 20, 2011, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    268
    Randal L. Schwartz
    Apr 22, 2011
  5. Wolfgang Weisselberg

    Re: Seeking a concise Canon CHDK (Firmware hack) site?

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, May 16, 2011, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    33
    Views:
    958
    John Turco
    Jun 30, 2011
Loading...

Share This Page