Re: See you guys in ten years , I'm off to prison

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Meat Plow, Aug 21, 2010.

  1. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:44:08 -0500, philo wrote:

    > This friend of mine who had been living in a rooming house qualified for
    > Social Security in Feb... Since he did not have a permanent address he
    > had his check sent to my house
    >
    > c/o my name
    >

    > When the first check arrived all I saw was my own name and $$$$$... I
    > thought it was my tax return and cashed it.
    >

    > It's all sorted out now
    >
    > he got his money and the amount was removed from my account
    >

    > but I am really embarrassed big time...
    >
    > anyway, I'm sure the feds will be here soon to take me away
    >
    > see ya all in ten years
    >

    > sheesh

    Have fun!

    Meat Plow, Aug 21, 2010

  2. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 17:28:22 -0500, philo wrote:

    > On 08/21/2010 10:21 AM, Meat Plow wrote:
    >> On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:44:08 -0500, philo wrote:
    >>
    >>> This friend of mine who had been living in a rooming house qualified
    >>> for Social Security in Feb... Since he did not have a permanent
    >>> address he had his check sent to my house
    >>>
    >>> c/o my name
    >>>

    >>> When the first check arrived all I saw was my own name and $$$$$... I
    >>> thought it was my tax return and cashed it.
    >>>

    >>> It's all sorted out now
    >>>
    >>> he got his money and the amount was removed from my account
    >>>

    >>> but I am really embarrassed big time...
    >>>
    >>> anyway, I'm sure the feds will be here soon to take me away
    >>>
    >>> see ya all in ten years
    >>>

    >>> sheesh

    >> Have fun!
    >>

    > They have not come for me yet

    Oh well. When they do I highly recommend the fried baloney sandwich on
    white moldy toast for breakfast.....lunch....and dinner.

    Meat Plow, Aug 22, 2010

  3. Meat Plow

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 17:28:22 -0500, philo wrote:

    > On 08/21/2010 10:21 AM, Meat Plow wrote:
    >> On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:44:08 -0500, philo wrote:
    >>
    >>> This friend of mine who had been living in a rooming house qualified
    >>> for Social Security in Feb... Since he did not have a permanent
    >>> address he had his check sent to my house
    >>>
    >>> c/o my name
    >>>

    >>> When the first check arrived all I saw was my own name and $$$$$... I
    >>> thought it was my tax return and cashed it.
    >>>

    >>> It's all sorted out now
    >>>
    >>> he got his money and the amount was removed from my account
    >>>

    >>> but I am really embarrassed big time...
    >>>
    >>> anyway, I'm sure the feds will be here soon to take me away
    >>>
    >>> see ya all in ten years
    >>>

    >>> sheesh

    >> Have fun!
    >>

    > They have not come for me yet

    They will, philo, they will. When you least expect it.

    :)

    --
    "When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
    Then I realised God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and
    Aardvark, Aug 22, 2010
  4. Meat Plow

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 21:03:11 -0500, philo wrote:

    >>> They have not come for me yet

    >> They will, philo, they will. When you least expect it.
    >>

    > Good
    >
    > then everyday I must expect them!!!!

    You *must* make sure that you expect them equally every day, then.

    :)

    Aardvark, Aug 22, 2010
  5. Aardvark wrote:

    >>> They will, philo, they will. When you least expect it.
    >>>

    >> Good
    >>
    >> then everyday I must expect them!!!!

    > You *must* make sure that you expect them equally every day, then.
    >
    > :)

    I expect that since philo did not get any lasting economic benefit, his
    friend didn't report any theft, and it was an obvious mistake, that
    nothing will happen.

    <nods>

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 22, 2010
  6. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 21:04:44 -0500, philo wrote:

    > On 08/21/2010 06:20 PM, Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> They have not come for me yet

    >> Oh well. When they do I highly recommend the fried baloney sandwich on
    >> white moldy toast for breakfast.....lunch....and dinner.
    >>

    > One day I sat down for lunch with some of my customers at work
    >
    > they all discussed how the food was in prison
    >

    > I guess the baloney is kind of salty
    >

    > and from what I've heard
    >
    > there was not much else on the menu!

    Depends on where you go. People who are guilty of federal fraud crimes
    usually don't get penned in with violent offenders. I'd much rather do
    time in Club Fed than say a year in the county jail. So when I decide to
    **** up it won't be the county's responsibility except to hold on to me
    while the feds do their thing.

    Meat Plow, Aug 22, 2010
  7. Meat Plow

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 08:01:56 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:

    >>> Good
    >>>
    >>> then everyday I must expect them!!!!

    >> You *must* make sure that you expect them equally every day, then.
    >>
    >> :)
    >>

    > I expect that since philo did not get any lasting economic benefit, his
    > friend didn't report any theft, and it was an obvious mistake, that
    > nothing will happen.
    >
    > <nods>

    That's it. Bring some reality into the mix, ya fucker.

    Aardvark, Aug 22, 2010
  8. Meat Plow

    thanatoid Guest

    Aardvark <> wrote in

    <snip>

    >> I expect that since philo did not get any lasting economic
    >> benefit, his friend didn't report any theft, and it was an
    >> obvious mistake, that nothing will happen.
    >>
    >> <nods>

    > That's it. Bring some reality into the mix, ya fucker.

    I could NOT have expressed it better. What a great thread!

    --
    Any mental activity is easy if it need not be subjected to
    reality.
    thanatoid, Aug 22, 2010
  9. Meat Plow

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 14:15:43 +0000, thanatoid wrote:

    > Aardvark <> wrote in
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >>> I expect that since philo did not get any lasting economic benefit,
    >>> his friend didn't report any theft, and it was an obvious mistake,
    >>> that nothing will happen.
    >>>
    >>> <nods>

    >> That's it. Bring some reality into the mix, ya fucker.

    > I could NOT have expressed it better.

    Oh, I think you could, although not quite as pithily :)

    > What a great thread!

    Yes, it is, isn't it.

    I don't have time at present to wrote the story, but ask me sometime
    about when I was charged with fraud (it was only a technical charge), but
    was acquitted.

    Aardvark, Aug 22, 2010
  10. Meat Plow

    thanatoid Guest

    Aardvark <> wrote in

    <snip>

    >>> That's it. Bring some reality into the mix, ya fucker.

    >> I could NOT have expressed it better.

    > Oh, I think you could, although not quite as pithily :)

    /looks up "pithily"/

    Amen. Sigh.

    >> What a great thread!

    > Yes, it is, isn't it.
    >
    > I don't have time at present to wrote the story, but ask me
    > sometime about when I was charged with fraud (it was only a
    > technical charge), but was acquitted.

    "When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
    Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and
    prayed for forgiveness." - Emo Phillips

    WOW! He /deserves/ to have been immortalized by "emo kid".

    thanatoid, Aug 22, 2010
  11. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 18:24:34 -0500, philo wrote:

    > On 08/22/2010 09:06 AM, Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> One day I sat down for lunch with some of my customers at work
    >>>
    >>> they all discussed how the food was in prison
    >>>

    >>> I guess the baloney is kind of salty
    >>>

    >>> and from what I've heard
    >>>
    >>> there was not much else on the menu!

    >> Depends on where you go. People who are guilty of federal fraud crimes
    >> usually don't get penned in with violent offenders. I'd much rather do
    >> time in Club Fed than say a year in the county jail. So when I decide
    >> to **** up it won't be the county's responsibility except to hold on to
    >> me while the feds do their thing.
    >>

    > No jail or prison for me...
    >
    > I got all that stuff out of my system many years ago

    I got an overnight stay as part of a DUI sentence in '79.
    In at 6PM out at 6AM. I said "hey that's not a day" (they gave
    me credit for 2 days for being booked.) Min sentence was 3 days
    then. Jailer said I could stay longer if 12 hours wasn't long
    enough for me. I said open the door. :)

    Other than some juvi stuff which didn't amount to much, just some
    fights, I haven't had much time on the other side of the iron bars.

    Meat Plow, Aug 24, 2010